Seems William & Harry aren't wild about Camilla

Started by Curryong, December 02, 2017, 05:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

In his biographies it is pretty well acknowledged that Charles was often away from his boys during their childhood for quite lengthy periods of time. When Diana died William was fifteen and Harry almost thirteen. Whatever  'bringing up' of children is done is usually done before the teenage years.

And after Diana's death, if Charles was a devoted hands-on single dad, why was there the need for Tiggy Legge Burke and Mark Dyer as Big Sister and Big Brother during his children's holidays from boarding school? He couldn't tear himself away from his work for several weeks a year? Some devoted parent?

Then there is the curious passage in Charles's biography of Tiggy ringing Charles up and warning him that if he wants to build a relationship with his grandson George then he has to make time to see him. Does he? Doubtful, considering that he chose to visit a squirrel sanctuary over attending his grandson's first birthday. Very devoted grandfather I'm sure, almost as focused as he was during his sons' school holidays.

You reap what you sow as far as family relationships are concerned. If Charles being a workaholic interfered in his relationship with his sons when growing up then that is the choice that he made.

Why do William and Harry owe Camilla anything? It's all very well to pronounce that they should feel this and they should do that. However, it's a bit different living through everything they had to go through, including having the woman that they knew caused their adored mother enormous pain move in with them and their father at St James's Palace, when in truth they would almost certainly have preferred to be alone with their father. It's not up to outsiders to dictate how these two brothers should feel about Camilla.  If they're courteous to her when they meet, which is apparently very seldom, then that's as much as should be expected, IMO, considering how Camilla behaved during their parents' marriage.

sandy

royalanthro,Kate spends a lot of time with her mother, they are close. She would bring the children. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think there was any "evil scheme" to exclude the children from Prince Charles. Charles is a full time royal and Carole and Michael obviously would have more time to be with the children. Kate is lucky to be close to her family. William is fond of the Middletons too which is great. What is reported and what is actually true may be two different things. The Middletons might not have been aware that Charles did not see the children that much.  I don't think the Middletons are excluding Charles. As I said, it would take a phone call and say, I'd like to stop in and see the grandchildren today. I hardly think the Middletons would say oh no you can't.  I think bad assumptions are made about the Middletons being "selfish." Maybe if Charles freed up more time then he could have more access to them. It is up to him. It is not that the Middletons lock him out.

Diana did not do "just that."  Charles did spend a lot of time with Camilla during the marriage and I think unfortunately put her first. She never trashed Charles publicly she said that she and Charles loved them but the two could not live together anymore.  Charles was indeed a parent to them and it is not true that Diana was some evil monster who "deliberately" kept the children away. I find quite the opposite. People lambasted Diana for not being with her sons at the end of the Summer of 1997 but it was forgotten that Charles and Diana post divorce shared custody and took turns being with their sons for Summer vacations. This is a known fact.  Charles did mess up when he used William in the PR for Camilla which the BBC reported that Will resented. The worst thing he did was condone the Diana bashing and even cooperating with Junor who is known to loathe Diana. What sort of a man would knowingly cooperate with someone who savagely attacks their dead mother. 

I see no vengeful streak. W and H never publicly bashed their father. Their father bashed HIS parents and the boys' grandparents through his biographers. I see Charles as the one with the vengeful issues. And Camilla as well.

william and Harry praised their late mother. I don't see this as vengeful to their father. It was about their mother not their father--her 20th anniversary of date of death. I think next year they will be involved in activities for their father's 70th birthday.

They are polite and cordial to Camilla but it is not a love fest. Camilla is a reality in their lives, I doubt they were pleased with the way she acted towards their mother.

Diana had every right to be invited to the party. Anabelle Goldsmith was appalled that Diana was not "expected" to go. And it was rude of C and C to retreat to another room from the party. Diana did get her chance to speak to Camilla and I think she was glad she did. Charles was the nasty one in dumping his wife for the mistress.

Diana had every right to complain. Charles is no angel and he treated Diana like yesterday's garbage.

Obviously she did not "pursue" Charles everywhere. She had her own life. If Camilla stopped "pursuing" Charles and let him try to work on marriage to Diana. She butted in.

Trudie

Tell me royalanthropologist do you have a vested interest in Camilla and Charles as a source of your bread and butter ala Junor or Anabel Elliot? from your post it appears you are trying hard to convince yourself everyone should be grateful to Charles just for associating with him whether it be parental, children, grandchildren for the life he/she has.

What struck me most was your comment Camilla is a smart woman to have her own home and knows how to handle Charles. Well that smacks to me of all you accuse Diana of  manipulative, needy and yes I mean needy as she needs the status and money of Charles to make her happy. As I have said look at footage of Christmas walks, trooping the color, family weddings William and Harry are happy to see their father though they appear to put distance between Camilla. I don't believe it comes from being bitter on their mothers behalf I believe it is more Camilla using them to promote herself through them. It started with the leaking of William meeting her and continued on to the big public lunch with Kate when she could have hosted a lunch at CH. Make no mistake her Diana came from a more privileged background than Camilla with her own title the only thing she ever needed or wanted was for her husband to love her she didn't need money or a title unlike Camilla who's father was in trade. I also don't suppose William and Harry have any idea that Camilla dated their dad the first time around to force the hand of APB to marry her or that Charles and his set i.e Mountbattan considered her as more a mistress than a wife but Knowing how Charles felt about her Camilla settled on becoming a mistress for the perks and Charles married Diana for breeding purposes only.

Kritter

Quoteit appears you are trying hard to convince yourself everyone should be grateful to Charles just for associating with him whether it be parental, children, grandchildren for the life he/she has.

:thumbsup:

QuoteWhat struck me most was your comment Camilla is a smart woman to have her own home and knows how to handle Charles.

Manipulative & controlling  :thumbsup:   Well she did finally admit that Camilla was the one controlling the situation.

Trudie

@Kritter it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see Camilla was and always will be controlling the drivers seat. William and Harry know that controlling Charles access is vital to her own survival and to be sure she probably schedules her visits to Raymill with her family to when he is traveling solo.

FanDianaFancy

I think we all have injected things that are true.

I KNOW HAVE AND WENT OFF TOPIC TOO.

Posts about WnH being vindictive, anonymous sources, PC never seeing the grandchildren, WnH blocking PC from styling Camilla asQConsort, throwing heroic with her suitcases,  etc.

Factfactsfacts. I always say let?s stick to what we do know.

This article and RKay is just more of the rest of gossip and fictional stories. There is no drama so these BRF writers must create a soap opera.
It would be better if some of these authors would print some facts. The facts so rich in gossip, there is no need to exaggerate or make up things.
The facts are  soap opera material. The facts can stand alone and people can project things from the facts.

WnH have their own lives.
They love their father.
Their father loves them.
They are close to him as close as they  can and chose to be and he is as close as he can and chooses to be.
PC sees the Royal grandchildren as much as he can. When  he can. When WnK schedules permit. When  the Mids family is not together. When as much as PCs schedule permits. When the grandchildren?s schedule permits.
K is very close to her parents.
K?s mother  IS the only grandmother.
The grandchildren are very close and influenced by the Midds.
WnH are not close to. Camilla  and her family.
Camilla is not close to WnH.
WnH and Camilla are respectful, decent, cordial  business associates with each staying , as we say in TheStates, ? in their lane.? That means Camilla stays in her place and WnH stay in their place with her.
WnH were close to their mother.
Diana was a good mother.
They miss their mother esp. then, now, forever.
Their lives are good in their private lives and  in their work of Royal duties.
They miss her and reflect esp. at times in life now as they have thes e adult mi,stones of marriage, children, esp.
They continue to mention their mother and carry or put a bit of her in their personal lives such rings for their wives. H , well, engaged. W naming his daughter. H , if , when he has a child probably will use a part of Ds name too ( Francis or Spencer).
WnH are close and totally respectful of QE II and will do nothing to displease or embarrass or insult or cause her grief.

My projections.

Later.