New Appointment for Andrew-Colonel of the Grenadier Guards

Started by TLLK, December 01, 2017, 03:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

The Queen has been pleased to give her formal approval to the appointment of His Royal Highness The Duke of York as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards. The Duke of York takes over the appointment from The Duke of Edinburgh, who has been Colonel of the Grenadier Guards since 1975.The Royal Family on Twitter: "The Queen has been pleased to give her formal approval to the appointment of His Royal Highness The Duke of York as

@Curryong-Would you agree that Andrew will now take a more formal role in Trooping the Color? If he does, will he be on horseback like his siblings and nephew?

Curryong

Yes, TLLK, he will be on horseback. It's a prestigious regiment As a naval man he's been consigned to the carriages for a long time.

However, I am hoping for Harry's sake that he gets a Colonelcy next (perhaps one of Prince Philip's) so he can also ride sooner than later.

TLLK

^^^I don't believe I've ever seen a photo or video of an adult Andrew on horseback. This is a very important new appointment for Andrew but at the same time it is a foretelling of things to come.

I wonder if the Duke of Kent might be the next to retire some of these military appointments which might leave one open for Edward or Harry. QEII might want to bestow one on her youngest son before her grandson.

LouisFerdinand

I typed Prince Andrew on horseback for YouTube. No results.     
Getty Images also gave No results.

amabel

It woud have to be a big horse.. I don't think that he's horsey.. his sport is golf..

Curryong

Maybe they can get a carthorse in? Or one of those enormous Sudffolk Punch horses with hairy hooves that used to pull beer wagons.

amabel

Not that I can say anything becuasae I'm also rather overweight..

TLLK

Good points ladies. Now that I think  about it, everyone that  typically rides (Charles, Anne, William) appears to be fit. Well this could be motivation for him to slim down. He has about 6 months to work on getting slim.

amabel

as a fellow fat person, I would say "he in'st likely to..."