"the queen" weighs in on PP's fidelity

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, November 30, 2017, 08:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Kritter

PP is entirely devoted to the lifestyle she has provided him. He knew the Queen would never divorce him & has done as pleased throughout their marriage. That is most likely why she could never understand the dilemma that Diana faced with Charles. She was supposed to continue living the lie & play perfect for the public.

amabel

That's absurd,  Philip has been the queen's greatest support, all through their married life.  he has certainly given up things he loved such as his Naval career, because as her husband he had to...

Kritter

^ I assume you think he received nothing for following her around like a lackey everywhere. He traded the Naval career for a life of luxury & that was his choice. I am sure he thought he would have more time in the Navy before she became Queen & he had temper tantrums when he had to make a sacrifice because of her becoming Queen. 

amabel

he didn't do any such thing.  He married the queen, and believed he'd be able to have his career for many yars, but the King died quite young.  Yes he's a hot tempered man and it was't esy for him to adjust to being the queens' husband, but he did, and has been her rock and her support all these years as she has said. I think she knows her husband

Kritter

QuoteHe married the queen, and believed he'd be able to have his career for many yars, but the King died quite young.

That is what I said in different words.   :hmm:  All we ever see him do is follow her around. The Queen is not going to ever say anything except that he is a good man whether he is or not. From some of the things he says I would have to put him in the category of not a good man.

Trudie

Whether Philip was faithful or not to the Queen one has to remember who brought them together Mountbatten!!.  enough said