Felipe and Letizia attend naval anniversary

Started by Jennifer, September 28, 2014, 12:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

Yesterday, Spanish King Felipe and Queen Letizia went to Pontevedra to attend the 25th anniversary commemoration of the delivery of the Promotion Offices Reales in 1989.

In 1989, King Felipe received his lieutenant's office by the hands of his grandfather, Juan de Borbón, Count of Barcelona. The Count of Barcelona never ascended the throne, as Franco, who had claimed the rule of Spain in 1939, chose to by-pass him as king after restoring the monarchy. In stead, he chose Juan de Borbón's son, King Juan Carlos, who he trusted to continue the course, Franco had set. To many's surprise, King Juan Carlos supported the democracy of Spain, ending Franco's regime for good in 1978 with the Spanish Constitution.

Yesterday, King Felipe, who 25 years ago received his lieutenant's office here, revisited Pontevedra. Felipe was in white naval uniform, and Queen Letizia wore a relaxed but elegant outfit consisting of black trousers, black shirt and a cream coloured jacket with a woven structure.

Read more:
Felipe and Letizia attend naval anniversary | Royalista
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Pips

They are working a lot... Let's hope that Spanish people appreciate all efforts that both are doing

TLLK

I agree. IMVHO JC made the right decision to abdicate when he did this past June.

Pips

yes he did the right thing!

But I have to say that I'm really in chock with him... Never thought that he was so cold... They way that he treated Queen Sofia, Letizia and always treated little Sofia was horrible!

Limabeany

:goodpost: I do hope so! 
Quote from: Pips on September 28, 2014, 09:50:24 AM
They are working a lot... Let's hope that Spanish people appreciate all efforts that both are doing
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.