How tall is the Duchess of Cambridge??

Started by HRH Duchess of Poppyshire, August 09, 2011, 07:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HRH Duchess of Poppyshire

How tall is the Duchess of Cambridge?? How tall is Prince William as well?
I am curious, as I am 5'10", and love her styling, because we are built similarly..
However, she looks shorter than that in pictures.. Anyone know the real truth..?

SophieChloe

Difficult to tell - in some pictures she looks tall, in others not so tall.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

WOW

wannable

and others 5.9 (by Judy Wade, Royal Editor of Hello! magazine and Katie Nicholl, Royal Correspondent of The Daily Mail)

sara8150

Prince William's height between 6'3-6'4 in british history

Kate nearly William's height its would says 5'9 because of high heels sometimes flat shoes

I was really curious, she seemed very small even with platform pumps, compared to Michelle Obama who is nearly 6'0 .  My guess is about 5'7.

iisuzieii

Prince harry said she dwarfed Prince Philip in 3 inch heels...and he is like 6 '1.  So I am guessing she's like in the 5'9-5'10 range.

BritishRoyals

Kate's been reported as anywhere between 5'8 to 5'10".  I think she's 5'8" or 5'9," but not shorter than that.  One thing to note is that in an interview with Hello!  Magazine, William's wedding Irish Guard uniform maker said that he is 6 feet and 5 1/4 inches tall --- not the usual 6'3" we've read.  Makes sense and explains why even if Kate wears 5-inch heels, she still doesn't dwarf him.  And they do tower over the rest.

cinrit

Quote from: iisuzieii on August 09, 2011, 11:11:47 PM
Prince harry said she dwarfed Prince Philip in 3 inch heels...and he is like 6 '1.  So I am guessing she's like in the 5'9-5'10 range.   

Prince Philip may have been 6'1" at one time, but he seems to have shrunk in the past 10 years, or so it seems to me.  So it wouldn't be surprising that Kate in heels is taller than he is.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Nitefeatherz

Quote from: cinrit on August 10, 2011, 12:57:19 AM
Quote from: iisuzieii on August 09, 2011, 11:11:47 PM

Prince Philip may have been 6'1" at one time, but he seems to have shrunk in the past 10 years, or so it seems to me.  So it wouldn't be surprising that Kate in heels is taller than he is.

Cindy

I think its normal to shrink in height as you get older- something to do with changing bone density I think? My dad has been 6' 4" tall all his life and he is now closer to 6'3". He was talking about it but I just can't remember the details atm.

If William is 6'5" that is VERY tall. Even being above 6' puts him in the top 5% of the population in terms of height.
Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't. - Eleanor Roosevelt

cinrit

^^ It's due to the same reason some women "shrink" ... osteoporosis.  Men get it, too, though it's not as common as women.  Still, when a man is 90, it would be unusual for him not to have it to some degree.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

RoyalB

BritishRoyals, are you sure William's height is 6ft 5 inches?  I have never read that.  Can you post a link please?  I'm pretty sure William is not that tall.  Also, Kate is reportedly around 5ft 9 inches, according to reports I've read.  But hey, who believes what's written about these two?

Pingarelho

A portuguese magazine (tabloid) is claiming she is 178com (5'10) and 43kg (95 lbs): http://aeiou.caras.pt/users/0/10/capa-834-ea86.jpg

:Lothwen:

stepperry

How much do think she weighs? If she is 5ft 9ins 147 lbs would be right the middle of weight range for BMI and 126 would be the lowest healthy weight at 5ft 9ins.  If she is 5ft 10ins 151.5 lbs would be the middle range weight for BMI and 129 would be lowest healthy weight at 5ft 10ins. I would say she weighs between 126 lbs and 135 lbs. Would you say that is about right?

BritishRoyals

Quote from: RoyalB on August 10, 2011, 02:59:27 PM
BritishRoyals, are you sure William's height is 6ft 5 inches?  I have never read that.  Can you post a link please?  I'm pretty sure William is not that tall.  Also, Kate is reportedly around 5ft 9 inches, according to reports I've read.  But hey, who believes what's written about these two?

It was from an interview of William's wedding uniform maker (yes, his red Irish Guard one) in one of Hello! Magazine's wedding specials. The same person did the page boy's attire, too.  It was the same edition (I think) that also features the bridesmaids' dress maker.  Someone who bought the mag (not me), scanned & posted the snippet online.  Alas, I can no longer find the scan, but I very distinctly remember the height he mentioned: 6 foot 5 and 1/4 inches.  Gave me quite a surprise, too, because I've always read 6'3" or so.   

Quote from: stepperry on August 10, 2011, 05:48:40 PM
How much do think she weighs? If she is 5ft 9ins 147 lbs would be right the middle of weight range for BMI and 126 would be the lowest healthy weight at 5ft 9ins.  If she is 5ft 10ins 151.5 lbs would be the middle range weight for BMI and 129 would be lowest healthy weight at 5ft 10ins. I would say she weighs between 126 lbs and 135 lbs. Would you say that is about right?

I think she is much less because of what her reported clothing size is.. I believe 6 in the UK and 2 in the US.
I am 5'10" and weight 132 pounds. and there is NO WAY I would fit into a US 2.. I wear a US 6 or a UK 10.
I really am inclined to think the Duchess is 5'8", her shoe size is incredibly small for someone as tall as I am..
Reportedly she wears a 5-6 in UK size, which is a 7-8 in the US.  I wear a US 10, uk 8. The foot size and her weight is def. within the norms of a gal a couple inches shorter..
I played basketball growing up and they aLWAYS lied about our height.. They always has me listed as 6 feet, and the only time I am that is with heels. Maybe that is what is happening here. Making her seem taller.

Maria5583

The BMI is incredibly flawed. If you work out and have mass in muscle it can increase your BMI to "overweight" even if you don't have any access fat anywhere. Whereas, people that are chubby are not measured as overweight and doctors would say that having any access weight around the belly increases your chances of a heart attack. Being thin is rarely ever a health concern to doctors, especially not the way that Kate looks. I am thinner than she is so I should know and I am not much shorter either and I eat everything. Kate wouldn't be considered too thin by any doctor. I mean, one that isn't paid by a magazine to say she is too thin to sell newspapers.  :teehee: Doctors now think that the best measure of ideal body weight is the pinch test. Plus, the only newspapers that seem to comment on how thin she is are the British tabloids and they are always looking to criticize on every little thing anyways.