Spanish Royals on summer holiday in Mallorca

Started by HereditaryPrincess, July 29, 2014, 03:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cate1949

the girls are so pretty and the entire family seems so loving  I do think though that Letizia is too thin  The off the shoulder dress really shows it -

Limabeany

My best friend is like Letizia and has been since we were kids.  :Jen:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Canuck

I agree, cate.  Letizia has always been thin but there are periods of time where it becomes quite worrying.  She has been looking very, very thin the past few months -- perhaps it's just the stress of Felipe becoming King, but I hope she puts on a bit of weight soon.

Limabeany

She won't put on weight, unless there is a huge hormonal change, my friend never has and is none thin as Letizia. She has had three kids and you couldn't tell the same day she gave birth...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Blue Clover

I know a few women like Letizia, after three children they are skinny as a rail.

TLLK

Letizia's mother and sisters are/were very slim as well. I think it runs in the family.

Canuck

Oh, definitely agreed that Letizia is naturally slim.  But she is much thinner now than she was before getting married, and at times it has gotten quite alarming.  I think she is a very pretty woman, but between her weight and the nose job, I sometimes wonder if she feels the same way. 

Limabeany

She looks just as thin, but all the pictures of her then are of her wearing suits and her hair framing her face. Give or take a few pounds, she seems naturally skinny.

http://www.meaus.com/first-meeting-oct-2002.JPEG

http://missowl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Imagen-de-archivo-de-Letizia-Ortiz-cuando-presentaba-el-Telediario-en-TVE-.jpg

She doesn't look as skinny with her hair framing her face though, unless her arms show.

http://www.marieclaire.com/cm/marieclaire/images/qm/mcx-letizia-0614.jpg

But, that is her good fortune.  :sigh:

Canuck

Definitely naturally skinny.  And that picture of her in the leopard print blouse is very flattering.  She looks at a better weight there, and I do think her weight has gone up and down a bit since she got married.

On the whole, though, there was a pretty noticeable change pre-marriage and post-marriage.  I think it's most obvious when she had her old nose.  Pre-marriage her face was much fuller and her nose looked lovely and not at all noticeably large.  Post-marriage she lost weight, her face got very thin, and her nose became more prominent.

There aren't a lot of pictures of her out of a suit pre-marriage, but for example, I think she looked very naturally thin but healthy here:
Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano Attend TVE New Season Gala at Bunuel Studios... News Photo 93179739 | Getty Images
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/letiziarchive/20040424_bullirestaurant/757258_04.jpg

As compared to these, which really made me worried:
Skinny | Oddly Enough Blog
Queen Letizia of Spain shows off her tan in flowing dress | Mail Online
Queen Letizia of Spain Cuff Bracelet - Queen Letizia of Spain Jewelry - StyleBistro

And you can see a difference in her legs as well.  From before:
as4.jpg Photo by letiziarchive | Photobucket
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/letiziarchive/20040322_fitting/755095_04.jpg

And after:
Queen Letizia of Spain Skinny Pants - Queen Letizia of Spain Clothes - StyleBistro
Queen Letizia of Spain T-Shirt - Clothes Lookbook - StyleBistro

Limabeany

Perhaps, like my friend, she sometimes tries to eat more to look better (to her) but tires of it and returns to her bony self.... As I said, she is naturally skinny and there are changes after one has kids and even in one's thirties and forties. But nothing as noticeable as the Duchess of Cambridge's pre-marriage and post-marriage bodies, so for Letizia, I would say that she is simply a woman who has gone through a decade or two in the public eye and remains skinny some years or months more than others. A tan and hair on her face do make a noticeable difference in Letizia. But, her bones are much more noticeable sometimes.

Canuck

I think Kate's a good comparison, actually.  Like Letizia, she's definitely naturally thin, but she noticeably lost weight before the wedding.  I think she looks much better when she's not at her very skinniest, just as I do for Letizia.

TLLK

IMHO Mary of Denmark and Kate are similar in body frame, muscle mass etc...the only real difference is their height. Both were athletic women who lost weight in their twenties prior to their royal engagements and weddings. Each has maintained their figures that they had prior to their pregnancies.
Letizia reminds me more of Rania as I believe both are close in height and body frames.

Lady Adams

Quote from: Canuck on September 03, 2014, 08:51:44 PM
I think Kate's a good comparison, actually.  Like Letizia, she's definitely naturally thin, but she noticeably lost weight before the wedding.  I think she looks much better when she's not at her very skinniest, just as I do for Letizia.
I tend to agree with you here, Canuck. Some photos of Letizia and Kate now both look painfully thin, and I can't help but thinking of the idiom that the camera adds 10 pounds.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Limabeany

I think that only applies to normal to overweight people, my friend looks the same, or maybe she is so skinny, the pounds added don't change a thing...  :happy15: