Where are all the forum members?

Started by tiaras, June 26, 2015, 07:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiaras

There are literally 5 of us commenting on a regualr basis now, where are the rest of our members?

Curryong

Yes, where are you all? Please come back and post regularly.

Lothwen

You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Curryong

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Orchid

I suppose it depends which areas you post in most frequently. Certain members have their focus-boards.

Over the years people tend to drift in and out - interest fluctuates, life gets busy etc. And as news is pretty run of the mill lately there's not much to get excited about.  :happy: I'm sure we'll see old (and new) "faces" return (and appear) over the coming months.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Jennifer

Maybe some people on this forum are on vacation ( it is summer) and don't have time to post online.
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Lothwen

Quote from: Orchid on June 27, 2015, 10:59:03 AM
I suppose it depends which areas you post in most frequently. Certain members have their focus-boards.

Over the years people tend to drift in and out - interest fluctuates, life gets busy etc. And as news is pretty run of the mill lately there's not much to get excited about.  :happy: I'm sure we'll see old (and new) "faces" return (and appear) over the coming months.

Exactly!
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

amabel

Quote from: Jennifer on June 27, 2015, 03:02:57 PM
Maybe some people on this forum are on vacation ( it is summer) and don't have time to post online.
Sad to say, if I am on holiday I have more time to post, because I don't usually go anwyhwere!

tiaras

Quote from: Lothwen on June 27, 2015, 05:51:32 PM
Quote from: Orchid on June 27, 2015, 10:59:03 AM

Exactly!
I swear the royals schedule works like that of a highschooler, free for summer, free for Christmas and then free for another 2-3 months to commemorate the new year.  :royalsneeze:  :teehee:

HereditaryPrincess

I would say that I'm a fairly regular poster, but sometimes my weeks can be very busy which is why I don't post much on weekdays. I also don't post when I go on holiday, either due to little time or the wifi not being great. I think it's similar for the other posters. There could also be some posters who prefer to read and not post, or read and only post occasionally.

(Oh and welcome back, @Lothwen! It's great to see you around again :hug:)

Lady Adams

I'm with @Jennifer and @HereditaryPrincess.... I've been traveling and don't always get a chance to contribute in a meaningful way. I try to read everyone's posts before I comment, and sometimes I just don't have enough time!  :hug:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

TLLK

I know that some of our posters who are slowing down with their participation for a variety of reasons.

Jennifer

Quote from: amabel on June 27, 2015, 05:55:57 PM
Sad to say, if I am on holiday I have more time to post, because I don't usually go anwyhwere!

Sometimes people don't bring their computers with them on holiday, so they don't have access to the internet unless they go to the library.
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

tiaras

I understand I was on holiday a while ago and disappeared completely from the forum :shrug: So all those on holiday enjoy yourselves and well...you're not really missing much. :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Speaking of royal news, a certain royal couple is rumored to be at Wimbledon this week.

amabel

Quote from: Jennifer on June 28, 2015, 09:30:05 AM
Quote from: amabel on June 27, 2015, 05:55:57 PM

Sometimes people don't bring their computers with them on holiday, so they don't have access to the internet unless they go to the library.
Ah -Im so sad that I usually find a computer in a hotel! 

Orchid

Like any community, members join, stay or move on for all sorts of reasons, but ultimately we're the leading royal forum (every other forum is just a copy of our format and purpose which I suppose is flattering).  :windsor1:  And we'll always work hard to bring everyone exactly what they want from a royal (and republic) news site and interactive community!

Quote from: tiaras on June 28, 2015, 09:40:15 AM
Speaking of royal news, a certain royal couple is rumored to be at Wimbledon this week.

Wimbledon will be their official summer engagement, the royal couple hard at work "representing the nation". Strewth, give me strength  :orchid:
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Jennifer

Quote from: amabel on June 28, 2015, 09:51:56 AM

It depends on which hotel you are at. Some of them have less than 4 computers available and there are other people usually using them.

Jennifer

Quote from: tiaras on June 28, 2015, 09:40:15 AM
I understand I was on holiday a while ago and disappeared completely from the forum :shrug: So all those on holiday enjoy yourselves and well...you're not really missing much. :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

I hope you enjoyed your holiday, tiaras. When people take vacations, they take a break from doing everything and just relax and enjoy time. It's a great way to ease stress.

amabel

Quote from: Jennifer on June 28, 2015, 11:11:50 AM
Quote from: amabel on June 28, 2015, 09:51:56 AM

It depends on which hotel you are at. Some of them have less than 4 computers available and there are other people usually using them.
I know but you can useually get something. I used to wake up last year In the middle of the night! and hten I could use the computers

Jennifer

The middle of the night is a great time to go on those hotel computers!

amabel

yes they were SLOW.  But I need a little bit of internet chat!

SophieChloe

That's the beauty of this Forum - it's here for Members to come and go as they wish and when they return we all welcome each other with open arms  :hug?:

Quote from: Orchid on June 28, 2015, 10:17:39 AM
Like any community, members join, stay or move on for all sorts of reasons, but ultimately we're the leading royal forum (every other forum is just a copy of our format and purpose which I suppose is flattering).  :windsor1:  And we'll always work hard to bring everyone exactly what they want from a royal (and republic) news site and interactive community!
:thumbsup:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me