Christmas at the Royal Insight

Started by Windsor, November 11, 2014, 05:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

Christmas has arrived at the Royal Insight - we have made a few temporary changes to the way the forum looks in order to celebrate Christmas. Lets all get into the spirit and spread some cheer across the forum, and beyond!

Members are still able to switch their account back to the way it normally looks by going into:

Profile --> Look and Layout --> Current Theme: (Change)

:xmas4: :xmas7: :xmas6: :xmas8: :xmas9: :xmas4:

Macrobug

Err....glad to know it is changed for everyone.  Thought I had dropped down the rabbit hole there for a second.   It looks great!!   :xmas1:
GNU Terry Pratchett

TLLK

SophieChloe

Quote from: Macrobug on November 11, 2014, 05:37:07 PM
Err....glad to know it is changed for everyone.  Thought I had dropped down the rabbit hole there for a second.   It looks great!!   :xmas1:
:hehe:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Jennifer

I like the forum's layout. It is creative and nice.  This is wonderful for the Christmas season.  :xmas9:
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Trudie

Windsor I may be an Anglican but can you also put a Star of David or Menorah on here for any members who may be Jewish? Thank you.

Limabeany

Thanks, Windsor and Admins! I love it!!

:xmas9:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

YR

Limabeany

Feeling under the festive mood, @YR   :xmas6:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Curryong

Yes, it looks terrific. Thankyou! :xmas8:

Orchid

Quote from: Macrobug on November 11, 2014, 05:37:07 PM

:hehe: It's OK, Alice...

Personally I'm never reverting back to the original theme; I'm going to be in Christmas mode well into the summer of 2015!!
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Jennifer

This is a lovely layout. It will look great even in January and February. :D
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

tiaras

this is a better layout than the previous one , how about keeping the layout with a different theme starting Feb.

cate1949

very nice - although all the snow makes me feel chilly!  :xmas8:

Jennifer

Quote from: tiaras on November 12, 2014, 02:30:29 PM
this is a better layout than the previous one , how about keeping the layout with a different theme starting Feb.

I was thinking that this forum would look great with a Valentine theme for February. It can be in white and red colors with a lot of hearts.

HereditaryPrincess

I love the new look! Very festive, even though it's perhaps a bit early. Having said that, I adore Christmas and am all for Christmas in November.

:xmas9:  :xmas7:  :xmas22:  :xmas4:  :xmas15:

Quote from: Trudie on November 11, 2014, 09:46:40 PM
Windsor I may be an Anglican but can you also put a Star of David or Menorah on here for any members who may be Jewish? Thank you.

But, Jews don't celebrate Christmas as they don't believe in Christ, Hanukkah is celebrated instead. Whilst I think it would be a nice and considerate idea, I also feel that we would have to add in religious symbols from other religions too, who, like Judaism, don't celebrate Christmas.

NotWaitieKatie

I love this. Great job done too all who made it happen!
Just because you can.....Does not mean that you should.

wannable

Quote from: Windsor on November 11, 2014, 05:00:24 PM
Christmas has arrived at the Royal Insight - we have made a few temporary changes to the way the forum looks in order to celebrate Christmas. Lets all get into the spirit and spread some cheer across the forum, and beyond!

Members are still able to switch their account back to the way it normally looks by going into:

Profile --> Look and Layout --> Current Theme: (Change)

:xmas4: :xmas7: :xmas6: :xmas8: :xmas9: :xmas4:

Very beautiful, thank you Windsor.

TLLK

wannable

TY, Just came back today from Arg, and I love that Christmas arrived the RIF!

cate1949

the holiday design is lovely and cheery - but it is freezing where I live - miserably cold and it is only November - long winter ahead so snowy scenes just give me a chill!  Darn Canadians sending us their arctic weather!   Poor Buffalo had 6 feet - yes 6 feet of snow in one day.  3 feet more coming.

maybe we need a cheerful glowing warm fire in this scene?