Birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones for the Princess Royal's family

Started by plattenchant, August 15, 2017, 11:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FanDianaFancy

Anne, the true heir to the throne.

Gutsy, serious worker. Raised her kids  to be their best and authentic selves.

Elliee

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on August 26, 2017, 02:59:48 AM
Anne, the true heir to the throne.

Gutsy, serious worker. Raised her kids  to be their best and authentic selves.

Yes! Anne is fantastic. Doesn't suffer fools gladly (though I do imagine Charles will make a fabulous king!). She is a great asset to the royals and I wish she got more attention for all she does.

Curryong

Yes, Anne can be brusque, but she always does her duty conscientiously and well. I think she's thoroughly devoted to her mother as well. There are probably times when she's been unobtrusively there when her parents have needed her as they've grown older. Like the Queen I can see her being a workhorse to the end.

amabel

Rude arrogant deeply unpleasant.  I hope that She's one of the ones Charles will back burner..

plattenchant

Practical loving centered on loyalty to crown and country. The future hope that one day we can all live in comfort and peace.

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C. S. Lewis

TLLK

Happy 25th anniversary to Princess Anne and Timothy Laurence! :snowflake:

Princess Anne's second wedding 1992 - YouTube Short video about their wedding.

Double post auto-merged: December 12, 2017, 05:13:37 AM

Princess Anne and Sir Tim Laurence celebrate 25 years of marriage ? Royal Central

LouisFerdinand

I like how Prince Andrew helped his grandmother get out of the car. Very dutiful.  :xmas19: :xmas19: :xmas19: :xmas19:

TLLK

:happy: Happy Birthday to HRH The Princess Royal.

The Princess Royal celebrates her 69th birthday ? Royal Central

QuoteOne step closer to a major milestone, the Princess Royal is marking her birthday today. Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise, only daughter of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, was born on August 15th 1950 at Clarence House in London. The cheeky young princess has turned into one of the most well respected members of the modern Windsor clan, celebrated for her hard work and down to earth attitude.

In fact, Anne puts in so many hours much of her work goes under the radar. So to mark her 69th birthday, Royal Central is taking a look back at the past twelve months with a dozen images that sum up the breadth and depth of the contribution Anne makes to the modern monarchy. Here?s the birthday princess? past year, in photos.

MarcoPolo

I love Princess Anne. She is unquestionably one of the hardest working members of the Royal Family.
:partaay:

Blue Clover

I agree!   :goodpost: Princess Anne is a great model of what being service to the people looks like - should be a goal for all Royals.

Princess Cassandra

I agree - and she is a very interesting person. She is not a "flat" character. Her down-to-earth, no nonsense style is fascinating, and even if she is not a fashion queen, she always looks nice, wears her clothes well, and enjoys her jewels! 

oak_and_cedar

I am very interested in hearing more about her charity work. You rarely hear about it but yet she soldiers on.

Her work with save the children should be written more about.

Princess Cassandra

Often he is in the background of photo's. He isn't often photographed interacting with everyone, but has a pleasant appearance, as if he is always ready to smile benevolently (for lack of a better word). There was a picture last year at an equestrian event where he was swinging Isla and Savannah.

wannable

So this year, Anne acceded to an interview with Vanity Fair.

She will guest edit Country magazine for the month of July.

Her Majesty will be hosting a private covid19 social distancing party, not confirmed.

This is her milestone thread.  A happy birthday year with possibly lots of celebrations rivaling her brother Charles.  Quietly with no fuss, but people, organizations, etc. seem to like her very much.

Curryong

I don't know that Anne is that popular among the general public. She has the reputation of being a very hard worker, though apparently it's rare for her to devote more than an hour to each engagement (and that's being generous.)

Anne's not a huggy type which led to articles contrasting her approach with Diana's in the 1980s/90s and for many years she was considered rather dour and even snappy. Unfortunately she has a rather unpleasant looking resting-bitch face when she is being serious, which doesn't help.

She's kept away from scandal to a large extent though, in spite of a few nasty moments during the Phillips marriage, in which she was seemingly very close to one of her RPOs, and of course there was the incident of the purloined love letters penned by her to Tim. And a close friendship with APB. For much of the time of course Diana kept the limelight away, which was fortunate perhaps.

wannable

According to VF ''other'' people interviewed about her, since it's her 70th bday, she is very much liked, once a stranger meets her.

TLLK

The last YouGov poll in early  April 2020, (about one month ago) did show that the Princess Royal is improving in her favorable rating which I believe would be largely due in part to her work ethic.

This is how she was described by those who gave her a positive rating.

QuotePublic Figure
Princess Anne
Princess Anne is the 6th most popular royalty and the 9th most famous. Princess Anne is described by fans as: Hard working, Admirable, Strong, Good Role Model and Committed.

As @Curryong  pointed out, Anne was very different from her late former sister-in-law, who by contrast was very demonstrative and tactile. However it appears that over time, people have come to appreciate and respect  the Princess Royal. :Jen:

The Queen reigns in a new poll on royal popularity ? Royal Central

QuoteA new YouGov poll has placed The Queen firmly atop the list of most popular royals, with a 78% rating across all age groups.

Sitting in second place is The Duchess of Cambridge, who trails by five percent points at 73%. Her husband, The Duke of Cambridge is the third most popular royal, at 66%.

If the ratings are adjusted by age demographic, Kate leads the popularity contest among millennials, with 85%; The Queen is just behind with 72% and Prince Harry sits in third place, with 67% of the vote.

Among Gen Xers, The Queen, Kate and Princess Anne are the top three most popular royals. The Queen receives 73% of the vote, Kate receives 68% and Princess Anne receives 63% of the vote.

Among Baby Boomers, The Queen and The Cambridges are the top three most popular royals. The Queen receives 76% of the vote, as does William; Kate receives 73% of the vote.

Men count The Queen as the most popular royal, with William and Harry in second and third place, respectively. The Queen receives 69% of the vote, William 60% and Harry 57%.

Women place The Queen, Kate, and William in the top three spots. The Queen receives 76% of the vote, Kate 74% and William 70%.

Overall, the top 10 most popular members of the Royal Family (across all ages) are: The Queen (73%), William (65%), Kate (63%), Harry (63%), The Duke of Edinburgh (49%, though he is officially retired from royal duties), Anne (48%), The Prince of Wales (46%), The Duchess of Sussex (44%), Zara Phillips (42%, a non-working member of the Royal Family her entire life), and The Countess of Wessex (31%).

Curryong

Thanks for posting those poll results, TLLK.

Where did Camilla fit in with the other senior royals? Usually Camilla and the Wessexes limp in at the end in every poll on the BRF from about 2000, but reporters are always banging on about the Duchess of Cornwall being liked and accepted by the general public in Britain over the last few years.

(These polls are a bit unfair IMO to the Kents and Gloucesters IMO as they perform solidly every year, but there you are, no public interest.) 

What the RRs report about Camilla's so-called popularity with Brits doesn't appear to gell with this and past polling since 2005, nor by the unscientific polls conducted by the tabloids over the last ten years or so. When the question is asked 'Should Camilla become Queen?' The answer is invariably 'No'! Not that it will matter to Charles, who IMO will insist on her being crowned, regardless!

Curryong

Just had a look at that latest poll on the Royals you kindly posted on May 9th, TLLK. I'm just answering my own question  :lol: from my last post on this thread, ie 'Where is Camilla?' in the view of YouGov respondents.

And it's seems she's in her usual spot, trailing at the back of the pack of working royals, just pipping Edward of Wessex.

Camilla is the 11th most popular member of the royal family at 29%; The Earl of Wessex follows at 28%; Princess Eugenie at 25%; Princess Beatrice at 24%; and The Duke of York at 17%.

TLLK

QuoteJust had a look at that latest poll on the Royals you kindly posted on May 9th, TLLK. I'm just answering my own question  :lol: from my last post on this thread, ie 'Where is Camilla?' in the view of YouGov respondents.

@Curryong-Honestly I love it when I can answer my own questions these days especially during lockdown. :lol: I feel like I actually accomplished something other than obsessively organizing the junk  drawer/ :D

Quote(These polls are a bit unfair IMO to the Kents and Gloucesters IMO as they perform solidly every year, but there you are, no public interest.)
Yes I am surprised that they're not listed but Zara Tindall is included.

As for Anne, she's definitely moved up on the favorable ratings. As for Camilla, I doubt she's ever going to be in the top five. She might scoot up to the top ten at some point though.

LouisFerdinand

It will be nice to see if pictures are taken of Princess Anne with her granddaughters.