Secrets of Althorp - The Spencers

Started by cinrit, August 26, 2014, 01:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Canuck

For Canadians who can't watch it on the PBS website (like most American networks, videos are blocked here), you can get it on Netflix.

TLLK

I've seen it before so I won't give away any secrets.  :wink: The only thing that I'll say is that like all of these great estates, the  upkeep is never ending.

FanDianaFancy

Agreed  TLLK. I saw  it  a few months  ago  on PBS  here and it was very interesting.
YES, the upkeep  of these places , really palaces  and  castles without  being called a palace  or castle, for the nobility  is astounding. 

TLLK

It's a great series. Did you see the one about Highclere aka Downton Abbey?

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

Quote from: TLLK on August 26, 2014, 07:55:49 PM
It's a great series. Did you see the one about Highclere aka Downton Abbey? 

"Secrets of Althorp" was on one of my PBS channels last week, but I was watching something else (which is why I was checking for it at pbs.org).  I haven't seen Highclere, but I saw "Secrets of Hampton Court" a few months ago.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.