Wedding Music

Started by pinkpearls, March 08, 2011, 02:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

I'm not sure what the concern is about.  She's coming William and Kate to some other couple.  Comparing two different couples is like comparing two cars that might look similar but run differently ...

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

MapleLeaf

:hijack!: However, the previous discussion about comparison and criticisms is not relevant to the subject of Prince Charles, William and Kate visiting Westminster Abbey, which is what this thread is about.

;) That's my way of asking everyone to get back on topic, please. :thumbsup:
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

Lady DC

Now join your hands, and with your hands your hearts.

Lothwen

I have a feeling this isn't that the couple "chose" as much as they were "told."  Or maybe they were given a list of acceptable musicians and songs, and they chose from that list
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

wannable

jemima

Quote from: Lothwen on March 15, 2011, 04:22:51 PM
I have a feeling this isn't that the couple "chose" as much as they were "told."  Or maybe they were given a list of acceptable musicians and songs, and they chose from that list

Agree Lothwen

One of my friend's got married in Wimborne Minster and had "Stairway to Heaven" played slowly on the organ when she walked up the aisle.  It was lovely.

However, I would imagine that anything not classical would be a no no for this wedding.

cinrit

Only a few nights ago, they ... along with Charles ... went to the church to listen to rehearsal of the music.  And we're just now hearing that they've chosen it?  Were they actually listening to samples to choose from last week?  This is why it's not too smart to believe everything we learn about from the media.  There's no doubt they've had suggestions made to them as to which music would be more appropriate.  I love rock as much ... and maybe more ... than a lot of people, and I walked down the aisle to a combo of Elvis Presley and Linda Ronstadt singing "Love Me Tender".  But I think, considering the solemnity of this wedding,  anything rock-n-roll isn't going to cut it.  I can't even imagine them walking down the aisle to something like "Highway to Heaven".  I also think that William and Kate are well aware of this.  They can cut loose with a raucous night of rock music at the after-party or even at Charles' do.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Hale

Jenee

Telegraph: Queen's composer refuses to watch after being overlooked

QuoteSir Peter Maxwell-Davies was looking forward to composing a piece for the event, having been put "on standby" by Buckingham Palace.

But after months of waiting he has now accepted that this musical talents will not be required for next month's ceremony – and yesterday announced that he would boycott the day completely.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Blue Clover

Poor guy! He would have been honored to write a piece for the wedding.

Sidney

Anyone has got this article?

http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes//celebrities/201103215123/mel-b/pregnant/stephen-belafonte/0-17-754/mel-b-1--z.jpg

I think that picture of Kate is new.

Jenee

Someone did post a picture like that somewhere - but I can't find it now!

wannable

Update

The Royal Wedding music to be released digitally for the first time
23rd March 2011

http://www.officialroyalwedding2011.org/blog/2011/March/23/The-Royal-Wedding-music-to-be-released-digitally-for-the-first-time

QuoteFor the first time in history, when Prince William marries Catherine Middleton next month, the Royal Wedding ceremony will be recorded and immediately released digitally by Decca Records.
The Official Album of the event, to be held in Westminster Abbey on 29th April, will then be released into British stores and across the rest of the world from 5th May. Musicians already confirmed to perform at the ceremony include The Choir of Westminster Abbey, The Chapel Royal Choir, The London Chamber Orchestra and The Fanfare Team from the Central Band of the Royal Air Force. The Choirs will be under the direction of Mr James O'Donnell and The London Chamber Orchestra conducted by its Music Director and Principal Conductor Mr Christopher Warren-Green.
The physical album will include a special collector's booklet featuring the complete order of service, the readings, vows, hymns and blessings, and all the music from the event. The format of release will be digital download, CD, vinyl and even cassette to cater for all consumers.   

Jenee

Oh that will be really nice!

WOW

Oh yeah I bet that will be a great CD.

marine2109

Windsor

I hope Zadok the Priest is played at the service.

Hale

Surely Zadok the Priest is only played at the Coronation Service?

marine2109

wannable

QuoteCobham kids get vocal about Royal Wedding
Prince William and his fiancee Kate Middleton may have already chosen their wedding music, but schoolchildren from one Cobham school are sending their own offering.

Children from ACS Cobham International school have written and recorded their own song for the royal wedding on April 29.
And the primary school choir have sent a copy to the couple as a gift.
In the song, the children tell Miss Middleton how pretty she is, while telling the prince they wish to address him informally as "Will".
It includes a homage to The Beatles' Hey Jude and Jeremiah Clarke's Trumpet Voluntary and ends with the kids wishing the couple "lots of wedded bliss".
Penned largely by music teacher Bill Noce, the song also thanks the pair for giving the nation a welcome day off from work.
Arielle Ollagnon, a 10-year-old member of the choir, said: "Being in the choir, we have had the chance to sing a lot of different kinds of music.
"But one of the coolest things we have done is learning the "Will and Kate Song".
"It is totally original and was so much fun to do. I even have a flag with the pictures of Will and Kate on it so I can wave it while we sing."   

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/resources/images/1629485/