Main Menu

Advert

Started by amabel, January 10, 2015, 08:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amabel

Last night I couldn't get inot the RIF because an advert kept coming up?  Was there a problem of some kind

Windsor

I am looking into this - in the mean time I have disabled all adverts.

amabel

Thanks. I am not good with PCs but simply couldn't get inot the site.. every time I did this advert wuodl come up and I couldn't make it go away!

HereditaryPrincess

Thank you, @Windsor. :)

I was also getting this problem, but it was just when I viewed the forums on my phone. Like @amabel I couldn't access the site at all. However the add also came up on another site I was on later, so I think it might be a general problem.

Windsor

Google seems to have introduced a very intrusive set of adverts. I have logged a complaint, and banned the promoters. I hope that is the end of this issue. Do let me know if it comes back to haunt us in the future.

HereditaryPrincess

Thank you again, @Windsor. :) Do you (or someone else if you don't own an iPhone) happen to know if you can ban or block the website in the mobile view of Safari? There's another site I visit regularly that still has the same adverts and I can't view it at all on my phone, and I'd like to keep up with it.

amabel

Quote from: Windsor on January 10, 2015, 11:37:32 PM
Google seems to have introduced a very intrusive set of adverts. I have logged a complaint, and banned the promoters. I hope that is the end of this issue. Do let me know if it comes back to haunt us in the future.
Thanks.. Trouble is, that if it comes up, I can't get inot the site, to let people know it IS coming up

Windsor

You can always contact us via Email, Facebook or Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/royalinsight

Royal Insight (@Royalinsight) | Twitter

info@royalinsight.net

Jenee

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on January 11, 2015, 04:21:48 PM
Thank you again, @Windsor. :) Do you (or someone else if you don't own an iPhone) happen to know if you can ban or block the website in the mobile view of Safari? There's another site I visit regularly that still has the same adverts and I can't view it at all on my phone, and I'd like to keep up with it.

I browse via iPhone and the mobile theme does not display ads at all, so you shouldn't experience any problems with that particular theme
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Jenee

Duh. I just realized you weren't talking about our site :doh:  I'm not sure if you can block ads on iPhone's safari- I've never had to try! I looked aty settings and I can block pop ups and turn off JavaScript. Java in ads has caused my PC to crash before, perhaps try turning it off on your phone?
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

amabel

Happened again last night.... is there a real problem

HereditaryPrincess

Thank you for the advice, @Jenee. :) The adverts seem to have stopped now for me. They were also happening elsewhere but those have stopped too.