Started by Kritter, December 15, 2017, 08:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Palace shop sells Harry and Meghan Markle memorabilia | Daily Mail Online

QuoteFans of Prince Harry and Suits actress Meghan Markle can buy special gifts
Several pieces of memorabilia feature the same photograph of the couple
In the photograph, Harry and Meghan are captured looking at each other 

LouisFerdinand

It was interesting to see a Royal Engagement mug. I had not seen one of these before. I have seen Royal Wedding teacups and plates.

wannable

They will have all sorts of royal wedding souvenirs, the tacky one courtesy of Made in China.

Like this one
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/52223000/jpg/_52223481_dsc_0236.jpg

Trudie

:hehe: :hehe:Wannable I know you are going to buy another mug so you have one to match your William and Catherine mug.

wannable

I don't have any kind of souvenir from any royal wedding.  :xmas17:

Kritter

Really????? No videos, photos or anything. I guess we learn something new all the time. I would have thought you had a room just for Willy & Katie.   :hide:

wannable

Keep it up with the Bullying to a fellow poster.  I'm not a royal or public figure for discussion.

Have you read the rules?

Kritter

How is that bullying? You seem to have such a vested interest in W&K, one would naturally think you had some type of souvenir.    :ahhh:

wannable

When people attack a poster, there discussion is over. 

Kritter

Yet no one has attacked you. We were curious & you did not need to respond.     :windsor1:

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on December 18, 2017, 09:32:59 PM
I don't have any kind of souvenir from any royal wedding.  :xmas17:
I had one from Andrew and Sarah's wedding that a co-worker picked up in the UK. My parents brought back a mug celebrating William and Kate's engagement. I also have two Jubilee mugs one for QEII's golden and later diamond Jubilees.

Trudie

Ok everyone I was just making a joke in reference to Wannable saying the tackiest are made in China and she showed a W&K mug. I hope Wannable you saw it as a joke and not an attack on you

TLLK

@wannable-Okay that is a really ugly mug.  :eyes: I may have seen one like it at a Heathrow gift shop for 10 pounds.  :lol: Tourists will buy anything!!! :D

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/52223000/jpg/_52223481_dsc_0236.jpg

Kritter

Primark sells Harry and Meghan Markle engagement tops | Daily Mail Online

QuotePrimark is selling ?5 slogan t-shirts to commemorate the royal engagement
The tops feature slogans like 'sparkle like Markle' and 'I wanna marry Harry'
They were released on the same day that the pair released their official portraits

Kritter

You Need This Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Royal Wedding China | Food & Wine

QuoteWith a new royal wedding fast approaching (May 19 is only 4 months, people!) you should expect a mountain of memorabilia and souvenirs to crash down upon us like a tidal wave. I?m not talking about just British flags and keychains?I?m talking cardboard cutouts, coffee mugs, and even a poster that reads, ?It should have been me.? Some of it is tacky, some of it is ridiculous, but it?s all meant to celebrate the union of these two unconventional lovebirds: One, Prince Harry, a former bad boy British royal, the other, Meghan Markle, a hard-working American actress who literally met her prince charming. No wonder people are desperate to commemorate this moment?it?s basically a storybook romance. Still, not much to come out of the Prince Harry and Meghan Markle memorabilia train has been what one might call luxury. Until now.

Kritter

Commemorative mugs herald Harry and Meghan as `game... | Daily Mail Online

QuoteTwo souvenir mugs celebrating Prince Harry and Meghan Markle?s forthcoming wedding have been unveiled by pottery firm Emma Bridgewater.

The first half pint Royal Wedding Mug features the bride and groom?s names, the wedding date, and text that reads ?Game Changers, Free Spirits, Big Hearts & Well-Suited?.

Kritter

Emily Nash Verified account @emynash

QuoteAllow me to present ROYAL WEDDING TEA TOWEL WATCH🇬🇧  :  Part 1 in an occasional series to give us all a break from general Twitter unpleasantness.. 🙂
First up are these colourful offerings from @ulsterweavers
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWt-bCuX0AAFI3i.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWt-biUX4AEvljt.jpg

Rosie P

I found this beautiful commemorative coin with Harry and Meghan on the front and St Georges Chapel on the back. https://www.vancouvermint.com/

Kritter

Royal Wedding Tea Towel - PRE ORDER. ? Victoria Eggs

QuoteThis limited edition, Royal Wedding tea towel celebrates the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. The design is beautifully illustrated with rose garlands, wedding bells, Windsor Castle and a Queen?s Guard, along with the date, location and names of the happy couple. This tea towel by Victoria Eggs is packed in a commemorative belly band making it the perfect Royal Wedding Souvenir.

LouisFerdinand

Curryong

The most amazing tatt gets sold to commemorate Royal occasions, though I suppose at least cups, saucers, plates and teatowels etc are usable.

I knew someone who collected commemoration china of all kinds. She had a French plate made to memorialise the opening of the Suez Canal, a platter about some incident from the American Revolutionary War (made in Staffordshire, lol) a dish from Edward and Alexandra's engagement, with their portraits on it, and a commemorative cup of Queen Victoria crossing the Tay Bridge in Scotland by train soon after it opened. The Tay Bridge later collapsed with huge loss of life. So some stuff can be interesting, I guess.

Kritter

Tat-merchants cash in on the royal wedding | Daily Mail Online

QuoteHarry and Meghan are inviting around 2,640 members of the public to their wedding, but if you aren't one of them there is plenty of memorabilia you can buy to remember the day.

There is an array of weird and wonderful gimmicks already on the market in tribute to the couple's upcoming nuptials.

These include a wooden spoon engraved with their faces, ?40 wedding-themed cereal and a pair of Harry and Meghan dolls - with a nine-piece ensemble of wedding clothes.   

Dubbed the 'people's wedding' crowds will gather in the Lower Ward of Windsor Castle.

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on February 24, 2018, 09:41:48 PM
The most amazing tatt gets sold to commemorate Royal occasions, though I suppose at least cups, saucers, plates and teatowels etc are usable.

I k

I got a Freebie once for one fo the queen's jubilees, and it was a silly little spoon.  For some reason it looked like those little things you see in movies for shovelling up coke (the white powder)... I don't know why but these things are SO cheap and nasty..

Kritter

Meghan Markle & Prince Harry-Themed Condoms Exist Because Nothing Is Sacred Anymore

QuoteAre you obsessed with the upcoming royal wedding? Have you also ever looked despondently at your box of standard drugstore condoms and thought, "I just... I don't know... something's missing"? Thankfully, there's a solution: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle themed condoms are here to save the day. Or night.