Duchess of Cambridge set to resume Royal duties

Started by Limabeany, September 28, 2014, 12:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: Limabeany on October 06, 2014, 11:52:19 PM
:goodpost: Agree completely on all counts!

Quote from: KaTerina Montague on October 06, 2014, 11:00:36 PM
I miss the Russian Imperial family, that was true beauty and elegance that pretty much died with them all. I dont 5hink Kate is stupid maybe more in the realm of not intellectualy curious.
While I regret that the Russian Imperial Family was murdered and their extended family sent into exile, I don't miss the autocratic rule, the psychological hold that Rasputin had over the Tsarina and the family, the economic disparity between the classes that created the climate for the revolution. 

Limabeany

:happy15: Must you rain reality on our dreamland parade?  :cry:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Canuck

Richard Palmer reports that Kate was scheduled to visit the America's Cup team base on Monday but has had to cancel because she's still ill:  Duchess of Cambridge pulls out of official engagement due to sickness | Royal | News | Daily Express

I would guess these are events that were planned prior to her becoming sick -- I don't think that KP would be scheduling anything new for her right now.

TLLK

Quote from: Limabeany on October 07, 2014, 04:38:17 PM
(Maniacal laugh)  :angeldevil1:Yes. I live for these moments when I make people cry. HHHMMM where to next??? Maybe I can rain on the Swedish royals. Engaged couple, beautiful grandchildren....off I go.

sandy

why could they not just cancel all the events. And only make announcement when Kate is actually going on an appearance. This seems so pointless.

Limabeany

She is already criticized as lazy, @sandy  this way she appears hardworking by scheduling since she never will by her actual body of work.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Limabeany

Quote from: TLLK on October 07, 2014, 10:56:30 PM
Quote from: Limabeany on October 07, 2014, 04:38:17 PM
(Maniacal laugh)  :angeldevil1:Yes. I live for these moments when I make people cry. HHHMMM where to next??? Maybe I can rain on the Swedish royals. Engaged couple, beautiful grandchildren....off I go.
:happy15:  Team TLLK!! Go get 'em!  :banana:

TLLK

SSSHHH don't tell Lady Adams where I'm headed. Time to steal candy from a baby. :angeldevil1:

PaulaB

Quote from: TLLK on October 07, 2014, 03:37:15 PM

I miss the Russian Imperial family, that was true beauty and elegance that pretty much died with them all. I dont 5hink Kate is stupid maybe more in the realm of not intellectualy curious.
While I regret that the Russian Imperial Family was murdered and their extended family sent into exile, I don't miss the autocratic rule, the psychological hold that Rasputin had over the Tsarina and the family, the economic disparity between the classes that created the climate for the revolution.

Look at Russia since the revolution Stalin, Lennon, gorbachev the only thing in they way Russia is ruled is the name.  They have gone from Czar to president but its still an autocratic rule

sara8150

Duchess of Cambridge forced to call off another engagement due to morning sickness: Kate misses visit to meet Sir Ben Ainslie's America's Cup sailing team
Kate Duchess of Cambridge misses meeting Sir Ben Ainslie's America's Cup team | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Quote from: PaulaB on October 08, 2014, 10:12:10 AM
Quote from: TLLK on October 07, 2014, 03:37:15 PM

Look at Russia since the revolution Stalin, Lennon, gorbachev the only thing in they way Russia is ruled is the name.  They have gone from Czar to president but its still an autocratic rule
The Imperial House of Putin should be added to the history books.

Double post auto-merged: October 08, 2014, 03:00:21 PM

Quote from: wannable on October 08, 2014, 10:09:47 AM
Duchess of Cambridge pulls out of official engagement due to sickness lasting five weeks | Royal | News | Daily Express

Well hopefully as she enters her second trimester she'll finally have some relief.

wannable

Richard Palmer (@RoyalReporter) tweeted at 5:10am - 10 Oct 14:

William and Kate are due to greet President and Mrs Tony Tan Keng Yam and travel with them to Horse Guards for a ceremonial welcome. (Richard Palmer on Twitter: "William and Kate are due to greet President and Mrs Tony Tan Keng Yam and travel with them to Horse Guards for a)

TLLK

Hopefully she'll be well enough in the next couple of weeks to participate. From what I've read about the carriages is that they can sway a bit.

Eri

If she is so sick how come she went to mommy's away from the doctors and Hospitals?   :hmm:

cinrit

The medical personnel are with her at her parents' house, Eri.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: sandy on October 07, 2014, 11:35:32 PM
why could they not just cancel all the events. And only make announcement when Kate is actually going on an appearance. This seems so pointless.
Really. The girl is very sick.No doubt about it.  It  is very sad. No one wishes  a  rough pregnancy  on no one.  We  all ahve family, friends, who  could  run a marathon during their pregnancy, gained  about  20 lbs, looked better after, had an easy 2- hour  something delivery, etc.

WE  know others who...oh boy... All  you  could is hope, pray, worry, listen, try  to help by  taking the other kids, cleaning, cooking, taking turns  on taking care of things like this  for the  husband and wife.

Double post auto-merged: October 11, 2014, 09:51:47 PM

The poor  girl  is  very, really sick.  No doubt about it.  It seems worst this time. Seems the BRF, TPTB should just clear  her calendar, adn  done with it.  ALSO,  for her, no  getting better, a miracle, and be  in Mustique  for her annual January vacation  in sun, surf, sand. It  would  be bad  pr . 

It seems because  this can  cause miscarriage  , TPTB should just keep  her  on bed rest  or resting, gaining weight, under daily  doctors  ,   and  that is  all. No BRF duties, traveling, etc. at no time  during  her 2nd and no doubt last, pregnancy.

wannable

Other than the official announcement from CH, she is confirmed two events tomorrow; Singapore state visit and wildlife photography event.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby in April

On Tuesday 21st October, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will greet The President of the Republic of Singapore and Mrs Tony Tan Keng Yam on behalf of The Queen at the Royal Garden Hotel, London as part of the State Visit. Their Royal Highnesses will then travel with The President and Mrs Tan to Horse Guards Parade, where The President will receive a Ceremonial Welcome.

The Duchess of Cambridge will also attend the Wildlife Photographer of The Year 2014 Awards Ceremony at the Natural History Museum on Tuesday 21st October. Further details will be released in due course