QEII and Five ways that the British Monarchy will be shaped in the future

Started by TLLK, October 17, 2017, 08:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

5 ways the British Monarchy will be shaped – Royal Central

Speculation on QEII's possible platinum jubilee in 2022 and beyond.

QuoteThe monarchy always must look towards the future in order to stay alive. The must change with the times without losing the tradition on which they stand
:Jen:

Curryong

I certainly hope the Queen sees out her Platinum Jubilee. What an event that will be! Of course it would be very frustrating to Charles not to be monarch in his seventies. However, as we've seen with events in the last twelve months or so, the transition to the next reign and Charles being at the forefront of such changes, is very much in progress.

I do think that change will be more attrition based (oldies like the Queen's cousins not being replaced as they become too elderly to serve and retire) than anything sharp and sudden like one day Anne retiring to her horses at Gatcombe and the Wessexes disappearing off the radar. Nevertheless, it will  certainly be rather strange to see a slimline European-style operating in Britain after the Queen's death.

TLLK

I agree @Curryong that the trill of seeing HM's Platinum Jubilee will be a once in a lifetime event for royal watchers. I also agree that over time we'll see the Kents and Gloucesters retire from their duties before Anne, Andrew, Edward, Sophie and Timothy do. However, I believe that Charles' spouse, children and in-laws will be at the forefront and his siblings will take on a reduced role. 

LouisFerdinand

Even Prince Charles stationery will change from The Prince of Wales to His Majesty The King.

amabel

Personaly I wouldn't mind to see Anne go.. Or Ed and Sophie.  Or Andrew.  but I rather dread Charles having to depend on the Three Lazy Musketeers, William, Kate and Harry...