Duchess of Cambridge - Malta Visit

Started by cinrit, July 06, 2014, 01:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

Quote from: tiaras on August 24, 2014, 06:11:17 AM
I'm sad to see this , people are standing on their heads making up different excuses to save their perfect duchess  :hehe: this is so sad ..

Not sad at all.  Just a difference of opinion and impression, which we're all entitled to and which we're all here to freely express withuot judgment as long as it's done in a respectful manner. :hug:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

wannable

Here's an interview Prince Edward in reference to Kate.

Detailed insight, as he speaks in behalf of BRF, his mom and dad.

Kate Middleton has taken to royal life "like a duck to water", says Prince Edward - Mirror Online

PrincessOfPeace

^^^ Lovely article  :thanks:

QuoteEdward said: "Catherine is doing very well. She has taken to royal life like a duck to water.

"She's very gracious and the family is very proud of her.

"It was never going to be easy for Catherine as the whole world is watching her every move.

"My mother and father are understandably very protective of her.

"William's grown up with the attention but Catherine hasn't.

"But she's dealing with it very well and the family support her as much as we can.

"I think William and Harry, as well as my brother, have tried their best to make her transition into public life as gentle as possible."

Lady Adams

A "short walk" is considered one of her "events"?  :Lothwen:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

PrincessOfPeace

Its how the CC works. When Harry departed Heathrow airport for his visit to Brazil it was listed as an 'event' and his arrival back home was listed as an 'event'.

wannable

Which makes sense. Most of my colleagues travel during office hours or weekdays, although I much prefer to travel on a Sunday evening, extend the next weekend for site seeing and shopping.

Kate's Malta trip is work during a weekend. I am curious to see what will it be for the diplomatic gift exchange, garden party and what Kate wore. Obviously anecdotes are given to the press during the diplomatic meetings, but most said is private, words in behalf of the Queen, etc.

In All I Do

Quote from: Lady Adams on August 24, 2014, 02:59:22 PM
A "short walk" is considered one of her "events"?  :Lothwen:

It's described in multiple locations as a walkabout, so yeah. And the square is comparably sized to most of the walkabouts on her canadian and NZ/Austrailian tours (it's also not substantially different from the public walk portion of the Sandringham Christmas Day event).

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on August 24, 2014, 02:33:50 PM
^^^ Lovely article  :thanks:

QuoteEdward said: "Catherine is doing very well. She has taken to royal life like a duck to water.

"She's very gracious and the family is very proud of her.

"It was never going to be easy for Catherine as the whole world is watching her every move.

"My mother and father are understandably very protective of her.

"William's grown up with the attention but Catherine hasn't.

"But she's dealing with it very well and the family support her as much as we can.

"I think William and Harry, as well as my brother, have tried their best to make her transition into public life as gentle as possible."

Thanks for pointing out these quotes PrincessOfPeace. You can tell that Edward and Sophie are very close to Kate - Louise was a bridesmaid at her and William's wedding after all, and she (Kate) has also been seen with Louise at the Olympics back in 2012. It's nice to hear that she is getting lots of support from the RF, and judging by Edward's comments, she has been welcomed into it.

I'm looking forward to her visit to Malta. Hopefully this means that she will be performing more engagements once she gets back. I'm not getting my hopes up though, since I said this before her Australia and New Zealand tour, yet she still continued to stay at home after that. :notamused: Don't get me wrong, I like Kate and I understand that she performs private engagements too, but it's the public engagements I want to see more of. Technically looking after George isn't an excuse anymore, since he has a nanny and lots of other staff too, probably.

PrincessOfPeace

I know I'm a lone wolf but I happen to believe that everyone within the Firm, not just W&K are doing exactly what is expected and required of them at the moment. I'd like to see more of W&K for the simple reason I'm a fan but I also understand my wishes are not necessarily the wishes of the BRF. The same with Harry, I'd like to see more of him but I accept that its not in the family's best interest atm.
Its obvious to me at least from Edward's comments that there is no tension going on behind the scenes.

DaisyMeRollin

Quote from: Limabeany on August 24, 2014, 01:09:36 AM
I would like to think adults who take pride in doing a good job would know an actor they are expected to meet at the premiere of his own movie... I wouldn't know him on the street or anywhere else but at the premiere of his own movie in which I am a guest of honor?

Observing a level of courtesy, but on the other end, having the expectation that people should observe a standard of protocol for a person in jewels or a silly hat? Lima, you so crazy! Where do you get these wild ideas of yours?   :happy15:

Quote from: tiaras on August 24, 2014, 07:16:34 AManother reason this royal hoopla should come to an end after the queen  :Jen:

Seconded!

Quote from: tiaras on August 24, 2014, 06:11:17 AM
I'm sad to see this , people are standing on their heads making up different excuses to save their perfect duchess  :hehe: this is so sad ..

Imagine what she must be saying to the obamas and other royals , she isn't coming off as bright .

And another thing putting the actor or individual down to raise kate up is a trend I see .
Btw I doubt he was insulted he mocked her at the end of it slightly . My point that she isnt able to have intelligent conversations with people she meets at her "job" then how is she going to handle this trip all by herself .
Fans better brace themselves for her gaffes  :Jen:

When I go to a premier and if I decide to be the guest of honour and have all the cast and crew in a line like servants to shake hands with me I better know their names darn well or at least do my basic research about the movie....but she made this comment after it was over , the only person kate is hurting is herself and her rep , she has a handful of supporters now  :happycry: and if she has some sense she will try to be more professional .

In the traveling circus that the world is today, we come to a singular attraction, the Flea Circus.  Even though I'm not even in the tent, I can't help but feel bad for those who paid admission and had to sit through the entire "show" knowing that there's nothing actually there. "Do you see the fleas? There's acrobats, clowns, and even a ring master!" I'm not even sure what I'm more fascinated by more at this point, the Flea Circus itself or observing the exercises in false-consensus and heuristics of people's rapturous applause.

Off topic: Have any of the admins considered a rate-up function to give a supportive tip of the hat or acknowledgement of well thought out posts without having to participate in threads? I'm not sure who actually does the coding for this site.
"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

cinrit

^^ We had something like that for a short period of time a couple of years back.

Cindy

DaisyMeRollin

Ah. I see. Thank you for the heads-up regardless. In exchange for a rate-up, please accept a dancing banana emoticon.  :banana:

Maybe even three:

:banana:  :banana:  :banana:
"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

tiaras

A rate would be a good way to participate in the forum , considering there are many guests who also view the forum and various threads on a  regular basis  I assume . For the recent sarah article I noticed 25 guests were viewing , now I am sure they wish they could participate without having to join or leave a comment .

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on August 24, 2014, 05:18:59 PM
I know I'm a lone wolf but I happen to believe that everyone within the Firm, not just W&K are doing exactly what is expected and required of them at the moment. I'd like to see more of W&K for the simple reason I'm a fan but I also understand my wishes are not necessarily the wishes of the BRF. The same with Harry, I'd like to see more of him but I accept that its not in the family's best interest atm.
Its obvious to me at least from Edward's comments that there is no tension going on behind the scenes.
:goodpost:

psm

Quote from: tiaras on August 23, 2014, 05:21:26 PM
I met the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) afterwards and she said: 'Oh, I know who you are now! Although it's very strange - now you have got facial hair. Some of the people who had facial hair in the film don't have facial hair now.' I guess she doesn't hang around actors very much."

Tom Hiddleston[/i]

Add it to the long line of embarrassing things Kate said. It is not a short one.

What I find rather interesting that we have people who claim she is great, but we have no quotes from those encounters. Not just "this what we've talked about" but a clear intelligent and informative sentence she has formed. Neither do we have any recordings of this brilliance.

We do have quite an impressive sample of the opposite though.

This is after all a woman who is a regular reader of Hello magazine and not much else (as reported by a shop she used to frequent and buy her magazines from).

SophieChloe

:goodpost: :notworthy:

Kate didn't work because William may have found another lady to be at his beck and call. 

Now she has more than just William to answer to.  And, no, sorry I do not believe she is restricted from working at the behest of HM.  Excuses galore....Not buying any of them.... cause they keep changing....:orchid:  :knit:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

PrincessOfPeace

DaisyMeRollin

Harsh lessons in throwing turds at the wall to see what sticks.

I need to read The Guardian article posted anyway.

wannable

So many threads about her and all of us chip in our what we like and not...how many times we all rehash our sentiment.

Anyway, I can't wait for this Malta trip, she must be a bit nervous at least, a big deal representing Queen and country!

PrincessOfPeace

Quote from: wannable on August 27, 2014, 11:15:18 PM
So many threads about her and all of us chip in our what we like and not...how many times we all rehash our sentiment.

Anyway, I can't wait for this Malta trip, she must be a bit nervous at least, a big deal representing Queen and country!

My point exactly my friend and I agree its a big deal for Kate representing Queen and country!

SophieChloe

I would agree if she was making some sort of speech.  Instead of wandering around with hair like Rapunzel flapping her hands around. 

Sorry, but I just don't get it.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Canuck

Sigh.  No one is claiming she's a saint.  I said I would be happy with her as my Queen.  That's not not the same thing as saying she's perfect or infallible.

cinrit

QuoteVisit by HRH The Duchess of Cambridge to Malta - 20 - 21 September 2014

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Malta on 20th and 21st September 2014.

ยท         PROGRAMME

Saturday 20th September

Call on the President of Malta H.E. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca
San Anton Palace

Call on the Prime Minister Joseph Muscat and Mrs Muscat
Auberge de Castille, Valletta

More: Visit by HRH The Duchess of Cambridge to Malta - 20 - 21 September 2014

Cindy

PrincessOfPeace

VISIT BY HRH THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE TO MALTA - SEPTEMBER 2014

Media and Press

good221

This vacation I mean tour is going to be anothernightmareI mean crazy, it all going to be about what Kate wear! why she is not drinking wine! Her never change hairstyle! Honest they could have sent Sophie or Beatrice  if they don't want this to be another mockery tour! The Queen should have think this thru before all these silliness!!   :wellduh: