Duchess of Cambridge set to resume Royal duties

Started by Limabeany, September 28, 2014, 12:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limabeany

TLLK, we don't know them and have no access to their private conversations and legal documents and medical records, everything we discuss is our opinion on what is made public, either  by the media or their pr people. You may prefer facts but, also accept that we are posting opinions and you may not agree with those opinions but that is why we are here, there are no facts as we don't know these people. Our comments come from our life experience and what makes sense to us.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lady Adams

Quote from: TLLK on October 01, 2014, 08:56:18 PM
^^^That is true and we're all welcome to share our opinions. Personally I prefer facts and reason to support mine though I know that not everyone else feels the same way. :)
Chiming to point out: one poster's facts and reason is another's gossip and speculation ;) I think we'd all like to believe our opinions are based on fact & reason, when in reality both are subjective.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Limabeany

Quote from: Canuck on October 01, 2014, 08:57:04 PM
Quote from: Limabeany on October 01, 2014, 08:52:33 PM
This is my opinion, I am not sure why it matters to you enough to continue trying to get me to say something that will suit what you think I should say/think.  :truce:

I'm not trying to get you to say something.  I'm just honestly confused about what you ARE saying.  I thought (apparently incorrectly) that your point in saying she did not have HG was that she was not really all that sick.  But you just posted twice in this thread that you don't think she was faking her illness.  So I was trying to understand what point you were making in saying it wasn't HG.   :shrug:
I am confused as to what you want me to say or agree to, my opinion is clearly expressed, I don't know how I can help you further understand.  :hug:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Canuck

Not to worry, Limabeany.  I assumed you must have been trying to make some point in saying it wasn't HG, but it seems that wasn't the case.   :truce:

wannable

Her HG is an objective fact rather than subjective. Its recorded in the official websites of both Royal and POW sites. Encyclopedical, historical, official.

Subjective, press adding opinion.

SophieChloe

Quote from: Limabeany on October 01, 2014, 08:57:46 PM
TLLK, we don't know them and have no access to their private conversations and legal documents and medical records, everything we discuss is our opinion on what is made public, either  by the media or their pr people. You may prefer facts but, also accept that we are posting opinions and you may not agree with those opinions but that is why we are here, there are no facts as we don't know these people. Our comments come from our life experience and what makes sense to us.
And there we go!  :goodpost: :goodpost:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

Excellent statement Limabeany.  Now I've found from my life experience/common sense is  that doctors when working with their patients would have the best idea of whether or not a patient would be able to travel. Perhaps you or someone you know has had a similar experience when working with health care professionals. With that in mind I'm very willing to state that Kate's doctor very likely signed off on her going based on his examinations of the patient, her blood tests and was she showing any recent signs of relapse instead of making use of a crystal ball.  :wink:

SophieChloe

She is just as lazy when not pregnant  :shrug:

Limabeany

Quote from: TLLK on October 01, 2014, 11:25:43 PM
Excellent statement Limabeany.  Now I've found from my life experience/common sense is  that doctors when working with their patients would have the best idea of whether or not a patient would be able to travel. Perhaps you or someone you know has had a similar experience when working with health care professionals. With that in mind I'm very willing to state that Kate's doctor very likely signed off on her going based on his examinations of the patient, her blood tests and was she showing any recent signs of relapse instead of making use of a crystal ball.  :wink:
Then you are making use of a crystal ball as there is no indication what her doctor knew for a fact and I don't know how it is possible something will not show up in a week and a half with any certainty.  :happy15:

Canuck

Generally doctors don't make recommendations based on having absolute certainty about whether something will happen or not.  They observe patients and make recommendations based on what they think is likely or unlikely, the risks of different things, etc. 

Limabeany

She was pregnant, had HG, allegedly, and was going to be on a plane 9 hours and going somewhere without a hospital, certainly not a good combination, there are risks of different things. Likely? Unlikely? Very different than certain, isn't it?

Canuck

Yes, different than certainty.  As I said, doctors rarely (if ever) have certainty when making recommendations for patients.  They can only go on the information available and their best judgment as to what the risks are and how likely or unlikely things are.

Limabeany

sandy

TLLK

Quote from: Limabeany on October 02, 2014, 01:13:54 AM
Quote from: TLLK on October 01, 2014, 11:25:43 PM
Then you are making use of a crystal ball as there is no indication what her doctor knew for a fact and I don't know how it is possible something will not show up in a week and a half with any certainty.  :happy15:
But he would know what the facts were regarding his patient and his actions would indicate to me (life experience/common sense coming into play) that the patient was well-enough to travel and therefore she did. :wink:

Double post auto-merged: October 02, 2014, 03:23:58 AM

Quote from: Canuck on October 02, 2014, 01:20:32 AM
Generally doctors don't make recommendations based on having absolute certainty about whether something will happen or not.  They observe patients and make recommendations based on what they think is likely or unlikely, the risks of different things, etc. 
Couldn't have said it better. Canuck I guess that your life experiences with healthcare professionals have been similar to mine.  :)

cinrit

Quote from: Limabeany on October 02, 2014, 01:25:18 AM
She was pregnant, had HG, allegedly, and was going to be on a plane 9 hours and going somewhere without a hospital, certainly not a good combination, there are risks of different things. Likely? Unlikely? Very different than certain, isn't it? 

Considering that she's being treated at home now, it's likely a clinic would have been just as appropriate as a hospital had she needed medical attention in Mustique, since she'd already been diagnosed in a hospital.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Pamela

I think the HG diagnosis came a bit late in the first pregnancy, causing severe dehydration and weakness that required hospitalization. This time around, everyone was on the lookout for it and took proper steps right away to stabilize the situation before it got out of control.That doesn't mean she isn't still sick--just hopefully not to the point that she and baby are in any danger.

Limabeany

Waiting for the trip to Mustique, and the cheering chorus of not a danger to her as her doctor knows for a fact she will not get it when she is there, medicine is totally predictable, as all medical practitioners know, of course, and rejoicing in the fact that events are popping up left and right to make her appear hardworking by scheduling and not by actual work, as that would be impossible, what is a nigthmare for Kate is a dream for the BRF PR. Bring it on Palace PR. How many can they schedule? Stay tuned!  :banana: :banana: :banana:

tiaras

:goodpost: Limabeany , imho the reason most people dont expect her much from her,is because of her past and the 3 yrs since she has been married into the brf . She literally spent her 20s ,from 22 to 29 doing nothing but dabbling ,what was her excuse then ????? the queen didn't want her to overshadow Carole ...ehh??? lol that's how silly that excuse sounds . Then after the wedding she became even less visible .
There is a reason people dont want to switch places with her ,she's achieved little in life ,most people wont want to throw away their achievements to live like a recluse . In the past 3 months the last time we saw her was in July  :notamused: tbh royals aren't in hiding the way she is  :orchid:

Canuck

Quote from: tiaras on October 02, 2014, 08:18:33 PM
In the past 3 months the last time we saw her was in July  :notamused: tbh royals aren't in hiding the way she is  :orchid:

Kate did several official engagements the first week of August (in Belgium, and then at the poppy installation at the Tower of London).  The BRF then took its customary August holiday from official events, but Kate was pictured out several times (going to dinner with Will, returning to London by train, etc.).  She would have been back to official engagements starting September 8th (when she was scheduled to be at Oxford with Will) but because of her illness has not been out at all.  She's not "in hiding", she's sick.

tiaras

Why didnt she attend graduate school either ,wasnt it better toget an education if she didnt want to work ?

of course she is sick now ,what about the times she wasnt sick ? what was she doing ?

SophieChloe

Canuck

If you think she should do more appearances generally, you're welcome to that opinion.  I was responding specifically to the part of your post I quoted, where you said Kate hadn't been seen since July and was in hiding.  Neither of those things are true.

Limabeany

she's been in hiding since she married William...  She is let out to pasture once or twice a month. :nod:

sandy

She must be eased in. The easing in has taken a long time. Plus there was time when she disappeared to research her charities and she does little with the ones she chose.