Prince Harry reveals injuries ended his rugby career

Started by Kritter, February 17, 2018, 07:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Prince Harry reveals injuries ended his rugby career ? Royal Central

QuotePrince Harry has revealed he still feels like ?a Labrador with a tennis ball? every time he sees a rugby ball.

The prince spoke of his love for the game as he visited a training session for the England rugby team at Twickenham, although he admitted ?numerous injuries? have forced him to quit playing.

For a moment, however, those injuries seemed to be put behind. The prince stepped out onto the pitch and pretended to do some stretches in preparation to join in the training, much to the crowd?s excitement, only for him to turn back and join the coaches for a chat instead.

Curryong

Harry talked a couple of years ago about injuries received during his army career and training (a lot of bumps and general wear and tear rather than fractures etc) so I would imagine it was that he was referring to rather than rugby injuries, though he did play the game regularly throughout his twenties. He also seemed to have specific back pain a few years back as well that prevented him from playing polo for a while. Harry seems to have worked hard, played hard a bit too much. I wouldn't be surprised if he still has intermittent back pain, like Charles. 

Kritter

Yes Harry's life was & is of a doer. William used to be a doer until the family that believes children should remain lazy came into his life.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on February 17, 2018, 08:30:17 PM
Harry talked a couple of years ago about injuries received during his army career and training (a lot of bumps and general wear and tear rather than fractures etc) so I would imagine it was that he was referring to rather than rugby injuries, though he did play the game regularly throughout his twenties. He also seemed to have specific back pain a few years back as well that prevented him from playing polo for a while. Harry seems to have worked hard, played hard a bit too much. I wouldn't be surprised if he still has intermittent back pain, like Charles. 
Ouch! I hope that it won't come back to haunt him later. Charles and Diana's sons were both athletic in school: football, swimming, water polo, polo  and rugby. I think that Charles has put on a little weight but he was slim and fit for his twenties-fifties IMHO. Diana of course was very slim throughout her adulthood and stayed active. Hopefully their sons will continue those healthy habits.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Yes, he depending on how much polo he played will depend on how well his back is, the rugby and army PT probably didnt do any favors either. Im sure the RF has all kinds of secret med tech they can use that we wont have for another 10-15 years LOL.

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

wannable

Harry's injuries were sustained during various vacations, during his rebellious infamous binge drinking sessions, gas inhaling years. 

If you are a subscriber of Private Eye, you may read the full reports and telephone conversations of News Of The World hacking of Helen Asprey, Harry's previous aide with Dr. Rod Jacques, Harry's doctor. 

Harry has old shoulder and foot injuries due to partying vacations.

TLLK

Yikes!!! Another example as to why the News of The World hacking scandal was such a breach of privacy for so many people not just public figures.  :wacko: :no:

wannable

Yes, regretfully Harry's injuries were discussed, he also had leg injury via partying, and the conversation of such was hacked by NOTW. Defunct.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: wannable on February 17, 2018, 10:56:58 PM
Harry's injuries were sustained during various vacations, during his rebellious infamous binge drinking sessions, gas inhaling years. 

If you are a subscriber of Private Eye, you may read the full reports and telephone conversations of News Of The World hacking of Helen Asprey, Harry's previous aide with Dr. Rod Jacques, Harry's doctor. 

Harry has old shoulder and foot injuries due to partying vacations.

So Harry used to huff gas???? I didnt know that, very bad for the brain :no:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.