Harry in attack on Theresa May? Prince hints at 'lack of strong leadership'

Started by Kritter, February 16, 2018, 08:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Royal News - Harry criticising Theresa May? Prince speaks out on youth visit | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

QuoteThe fifth in line to the throne highlighted a national shortage of places where youngsters can go during half term.

Nary Wijeratne, founder of the charity Sport at the Heart, said: "He said: 'There's a lack of strong leadership in this country.'"

Kensington Palace insisted that his remarks were not political but Ms Wijeratne added: "He said that we don't have a strong Government."

Harry's remarks came during a visit to Roundwood Youth Centre in Harlesden, in the the borough of Brent, north west London, to see the work of the Fit and Fed campaign, which aims to keep children active during half term and gives them a free lunch.

wannable

He got himself into trouble, who would have thought a charity boss would out him.

Harry used to be loved ❤️  by the DM commentators, but that has all changed since Nov 2016 with the infamous R letter.

Jenee

It?s hard to know what he intended when a single sentence is printed out of context- hopefully he knows better not to public ally criticize the government!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

royalanthropologist

I suppose it must galling to politicians that pampered royals who've had it so good dare to criticize them after all the hassle they have to go through in order to be elected :hehe:.

The last thing Harry needs is to be known as a "liberal" because there will come a time when other political voices attack him. He does not have the protection of being a sovereign or a sovereign's heir so he has to be even more circumspect.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

wannable

The problem remains the same, if it wasn't meant to government but towards leadership with charity bosses, or local community government, either way he got himself into trouble.

Fingerpointing any of the whoever leadership sucks, whilst he is a none elected person, but born into a position....you know the answer, hence royals should be apolitical.  He needs Royal protocol classes, despite being 34 years into it. No wonder MM pats him in the back, like if he is new in all this.

Kritter

Nothing wrong with Harry expressing himself since you like to mention in a majority of your posts he isn't the heir to the heir to the heir.

wannable

If you think its wrong for Prince Charles to make an expression that may be political, it should also apply for Prince Harry. In this case  he did, it doesn't matter to whom in rank he meant.

KP did not handle this well, excusing him that he did not refer the top of the pyramid, but the bottom, LOL.

Kritter

Harry is way down the ladder as you gleefully remind everyone constantly when you think it suits your purpose.

The Queen should say nothing political, Charles should say nothing political,  William should say nothing political & George should say nothing political but the rest of them can say whatever they want since it gives a different perception.

wannable

Tell that to Prince Andrew, smeared by the press (and public) for doing the political and many other things :D

Kritter

Andrew has been shamed by his own actions & not for making political statements. What a stretch.  :wacko:

TLLK

Quote from: Jenee on February 16, 2018, 11:42:03 AM
It?s hard to know what he intended when a single sentence is printed out of context- hopefully he knows better not to public ally criticize the government!
I agree @Jenee. We're hearing this from a second party. Had Harry been caught on camera making the comment or if he said it during a speech, then I could understand the criticism. That being said, he might receive a reminder from QEII to be cautious in the future.

wannable

@Kritter   As I said: For Doing The Political and Other Stuff.

Google is your friend:
Prince Andrew faces accusations of political meddling over vote to ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../It-tear-things-apart-Prince-Andrew-faces-accusations-political...
Nov 6, 2016 - The remarks, said to have been made during a speech to business figures during a private dinner at Windsor Castle last week, opened the Prince to accusations of meddling.
Prince Andrew says there may be 'fresh grass' for British business after ...
The Telegraph - Telegraph Online, Daily Telegraph, Sunday Telegraph - Telegraph ? News
Jun 16, 2017 - It is unusual for a member of the Royal Family to comment publicly on political affairs. Prince Andrew was accused of making an "extraordinary"intervention last year after suggesting that that Brexit risks "tearing everything apart". He reportedly made the remarks during a speech to business figures during a ...
WikiLeaks: Duke of York 'made inappropriate remarks' - Telegraph
The Telegraph - Telegraph Online, Daily Telegraph, Sunday Telegraph - Telegraph ? News ? UK News ? The Royal Family
Nov 29, 2010 - However, the Duke has courted controversy in the past through outspoken political remarks. In 2008, he launched an unprecedented attack on President George W Bush's White House administration for failing to listen more to the advice of the British Government over the Iraq war. On the eve of a 10-day ...
Prince Andrew gets right royal telling off over Trump & Brexit comments
Prince Andrew gets right royal telling off over Trump & Brexit comments ? RT UK News
Nov 7, 2016 - Convention states members of the royal family do not express political opinions. ?There was a vote here recently where we agreed to leave one organization, and there's a man in the US who it seems wants to leave every organization,? Prince Andrew said during a private business dinner at Windsor Castle ...

sandy

wannable

Quote from: TLLK on February 16, 2018, 05:10:43 PM
I agree @Jenee. We're hearing this from a second party. Had Harry been caught on camera making the comment or if he said it during a speech, then I could understand the criticism. That being said, he might receive a reminder from QEII to be cautious in the future.

To whom was poor leadership intended, it does not matter if it was in the highest or lowest order, the damage is done.  The general mood is an unelected body, a Prince fingerpointing patronizing.  Harry can fix this lazy fingerpointing going back home to KP comfy life by actually making Suggestions and Moving Strings to improve the projects. That is what I would tell him to do if I worked at his KP office.

The 2 latest articles of Charity Bosses selling the tidbits to the press in reference to Harry and Meghan is worrying.  Worst was the Charity Receivable Meghan Hug Boss: she sold her tidbits by parts (part 1, part 2, part 3), like pealing an onion.

sandy

Harry is not the only one to do this. His father does it all the times shaking his finger at those who don't believe in "global warming" while he avails himself of trips in jets and leaves a carbon footprint.

Kritter

QuoteThat is what I would tell him to do if I worked at his KP office.

Would you also tell W&K to stop taking all the perks & start fulfilling their responsibilities?

TLLK

QuoteHarry seems to take after his Dad in this regard.

TBH I don't mind that Harry would take an active interest in the social issues that his nation faces, but I would caution him to be careful about what he says as it can be so easily twisted.

wannable

Quote from: Kritter on February 16, 2018, 08:32:01 PM

Would you also tell W&K to stop taking all the perks & start fulfilling their responsibilities?

None issue, as the couple do not carry out interviews with a self righteous believing in their grandeur. 

I have seen many stances changing in opinions by the droves due to the new couple in the block.  It happens.

Kritter

Yes but the racists will be shoved back under their rocks & the wonder couple will get the last laugh.

Curryong

So Harry and Meghan have a 'self-righteous belief in their own grandeur'?!!! What the ...?

Kritter

Harry & Meghan neither one are self righteous & their lives show that. On the other hand some others.....

sandy

I don't see why they are slammed for being "self righteous." Neither are.

wannable

By way of expressing their thoughts, this "lack of strong leadership" is one example, he thinks he is correct to or morally superior to mention such a statement to a Real Charity Worker, lol, which made me go through other Harry and Meghan expressions. The couple believe in their grandeur.

sandy

Charles set the example for this. He goes around playing morally superior all the time.

Kritter