Sarah, Duchess of York General Chat

Started by Kritter, February 13, 2018, 09:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Fergie: Downfall of the Duchess - YouTube

QuoteThis is the story of Sarah Ferguson, once Her Royal Highness, Duchess of York - now an exile from the royal family - a woman who had everything, then threw it away when forced to exploit her name during a huge scandal.

LouisFerdinand

On August 21, 1996 letters patent were issued which removed the style Her Royal Highness from Sarah. She was a divorced former wife of a Prince. However, why was she able to retain the style Her Royal Highness immediately after the divorce?

TLLK

Curryong

LouisFerdinand

In the second card I like the fact that the wedding photo of Jack and Princess Eugenie was included. I like how they are looking out from the Scottish State Coach.         

:xmas22: :xmas22: :xmas22:

Blue Clover

FanDianaFancy

Lovely, but confusing. Sarah.  :thumbsdown:

How can you be divorced and still family, legally.
Yes she is their mother, but not his wife.
They are not married.
Sarah is not at  Sandringham :xmas4:v , Trooping of the Colors, etc as his wife. She is not included.

Get remarried or cut the bull.

If Camilla married in and Meghan, why not Sarah.
Life is short.

Do these two want to be remarried?
PP can get over it.

TLLK

@FanDianaFancy -I might be wrong but I believe  that in recent years that Andrew has made a few statements denying that they'll remarry as he's come to realize that Sarah is not suited to life in the BRF.

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on December 31, 2018, 04:35:19 PM
@FanDianaFancy -I might be wrong but I believe  that in recent years that Andrew has made a few statements denying that they'll remarry as he's come to realize that Sarah is not suited to life in the BRF.
Not exactly tactful of him, but it is true....

Blue Clover

Andrew would NEVER marry Sarah a 2nd time. Its not going to happen. To bad Sarah didn't realize what she had when she was married. I do think she learned the hard way and now regrets her past choices. To be fair, she was very young when she divorced Andrew - I'm not sure if she had a choice.

amabel

She didn't have much choice.. she made a hash of things, and let her affairs become public knowledge.  THe queen I believe waned to try and keep the marriage together but by then, Andrew had had enough.  But Sarah was the one who initially got fed up with being a Princess and wanted out of the marriage..

royalanthropologist

Sarah is a perfect example of why it is never a good idea to make hasty decisions. She trusted people who she should never have trusted who used her as a guinea pig for what it might be like to "escape the Windsors". There was all this talk about being trapped and breaking free. Then she jumped the shark and was swallowed up. I do not really think her post-marital life was that happy.

Perhaps there is too much water under the bridge for a remarriage but I wish her the best. She was never malicious and most definitely never set out to destroy her husband or his family. It was just that she was not very good at being a princess.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Curryong

Sarah might not have been malicious or meant anything with her behaviour as a member of the BRF, but as the old saying goes, 'The road to Hell is paved with good intentions', isn't it, and her blundering and impetuosity caused as much chaos in others' lives as if she really did mean it. And although she was naive at times I'm really not sure that I believe Sarah's story that she got drawn into the access to Andrew cash fiasco because she was helping out a pal with a debt.

royalanthropologist

He he. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when those cameras and microphones were switched off at the official wedding photo. Haha...perhaps DOE let rip :hehe:

On a serious note, they are practically remarried if she is to be believed...unless he is just being a gentleman and she wants more. I wouldn't put it past Sarah. I remember at Harry's wedding, she was doing her own walkabout in Church as if she was the hostess, gushing and grinning... :hehe: The girl's got front...give her that
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Curryong

Well, Sarah does share Royal Lodge with Andrew and Beatrice, when she and Bea are in the UK. Andrew is quite fond of her I'm sure, as the mother of his children. I even think he believes she is good hearted in spite of everything. And her gushing about how wonderful he is helps with his reputation though I don't think people take Fergie seriously. But I really really don't think Andrew is IN love with Sarah any more or wants to be married to her once again. He's lived his own free life for more than twenty years and I think the present arrangements suit him fine.

amabel

Im sure he does not want to remarry her.  He's probably a natural bachelor and is happy enough, with his kids and his friendship with sarah, but havig freedom to have as many fun relationships as he wants.  Of course Sar is going to make out that they are practically remarried, but it is not true

Double post auto-merged: January 01, 2019, 03:49:28 PM

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 01, 2019, 10:49:25 AM
Sarah is a perfect example of why it is never a good idea to make hasty decisions. She trusted people who she should never have trusted who used her as a guinea pig for what it might be like to "escape the Windsors". There was all this talk about being trapped and breaking free. Then she jumped the shark and was swallowed up. I do not really think her post-marital life was that happy.

Perhaps there is too much water under the bridge for a remarriage but I wish her the best. She was never malicious and most definitely never set out to destroy her husband or his family. It was just that she was not very good at being a princess.
I agree that the RF should have realised she wasn't sutiable as a Princess.. though I can understand that they probably thought she had enough brain (just) to rein herself in a bit when she was married and royal.. 
Does not matter if she was "maliciious" or not.. stupidity of the kind she displayed added to the problems that came about in the RF in the early 90s.  She wanted out of the RF, and made a complete show of herself.. Now since then she has gone on making a fool of herself with her endless talking and trying to make out that she is still part of the family and that Andrew would have her back... (if it wasn't for the Grey Men, no doubt).
She was thoughtless and selfish and greedy, and on top of the Charles and Diana fiasco, her behaviour nearly destroyed the monarchy at the time...

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: amabel on January 01, 2019, 09:50:22 AM
She didn't have much choice.. she made a hash of things, and let her affairs become public knowledge.  THe queen I believe waned to try and keep the marriage together but by then, Andrew had had enough.  But Sarah was the one who initially got fed up with being a Princess and wanted out of the marriage..
It was unfortunate that Sarah did not want to be a Princess any longer. What young lady would not want to be a Princess?

Blue Clover

@amabel I will have to read about how the divorce from Andrew came about, I've forgotten all the details.  :hmm: Right, I agree. Andrew probably thinks its best to leave well-enough alone and maintain the relationship as it is right now.
@royalanthropologist  :goodpost:
@Curryong I forgot that they all shared a place. That's as good as an unofficial remarriage. :eyes:
@LouisFerdinand  :hehe:

Izabella

Quoteit was unfortunate that Sarah did not want to be a Princess any longer. What young lady would not want to be a Princess

A lot actually. More of hinderance and usually depicted as being helpless. Blah. :shrug: :orchid:

amabel

Quote from: Blue Clover on January 02, 2019, 02:27:23 AM
@amabel I will have to read about how the divorce from Andrew came about, I've forgotten all the details.  :hmm: Right, I agree. Andrew probably thinks its best to leave well-enough alone and maintain the relationship as it is right now.
@royalanthropologist  :goodpost:
@Curryong I forgot that they all shared a place. That's as good as an unofficial remarriage. :eyes:
@LouisFerdinand  :hehe:

How is it an Unofficial remarriage?  THey  share a house because it suits Sarah, and she keeps on hoping that she'll be treated at least partly as Royla, if she goes on living in the same house as Andrew.. when he is there and she's there.  Andrew was very angry about Sarha's affairs when they were so publicly   conducted.  He is loyal to her and keeps up a friendship. but they are not remarried or likely to be

oak_and_cedar

Did anyone say she was a rival?
Is that why she is bringing this up?

amabel

There is a lot in the press about rivalry or disagreements between Meghan and Kate.. and in their day, Diana and Sarah were seen as rivals for pres attention.. and while they were friends at times, they fell out.. and their relationship was stormy.....

TLLK

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on February 20, 2019, 08:43:34 PM
Did anyone say she was a rival?
Is that why she is bringing this up?

I believe that it is due to the comparison articles between the Duchesses of Cambridge and Sussex that Sarah is sharing about her own experiences.

amabel

Hmmm I think that Diana did find Sarah a support in early days in married life.. and Sarah also sometimes drew the pressure of the press away from her.. Later of course, I think she was a bit careful about being seen iwht her sister in law because Sara was less popular.  THen the 2 of them fell out.
But there was no war in the meida, with Di supproters versus Sara Supporters