Doria Ragland chat

Started by Kritter, February 09, 2018, 12:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

So what? Oprah said there would be no interview. So she was there for six hours? It's their business. Do you want a transcription of what went on.

wannable

I doubt they did 6 hours of Yoga, Iron Women not.  Whatever they did for 6 hours, it was panned by Buckingham Palace, and Ophra is honoring the 6 hour encounter by quite shutting her mouth rather than spilling the beans.

TLLK

QuoteSo TLK, what could Doria say in an hour interview.
For starters-Doria and her life, education. Being a PoC in the U.S. during the civil rights era. Her job on All My Children Furthering her education.
Commercial break.-New Harpo film projects.

All about her daughter: Meeting/marrying Tom Markle. Meghan's birth and early childhood. Divorce and single parenthood. Raising a biracial child. Meghan's early school years and activities. Meghan's reply to the dishwashing soap company and interest in theater and acting. Meghan in high school. Meghan's acceptance to Northwestern and her college years. Meghan's internship in Argentina. Meghan's return to Los Angeles. Meghan trying to get acting roles and her part time jobs ie: calligraphy. Meghan meets Trevor. Meghan and Trevor marry. Meghan lands role on Suits. Marriage to Trevor ends (No discussion about the divorce other than to acknowledge it.)

Commercial Break-New season of Suits trailer.

Meghan's move to Toronto and how it impacts their relationship. Meghan on Suits. Meghan's new boyfriends. Meghan's volunteer work. Meghan meets Harry. Meghan and Harry's relationship between Toronto and London. Sammantha starts her campaign against her half-sister. Tom Jr. joins in the fray. Meghan and Harry are acknowledged as a couple. Doria meets Harry at Invictus. Meghan and Harry become more serious.

Commercial Break- Random ad.

Engagement announcement. Meghan and Harry at KP. Meghan and Harry's wedding preparations. Meghan with BRF. Meghan meets UK citizens. Meghan and her new life. Dealing with the Markles' behavior. Dealing with racist comments in press. Criticism of Meghan. The wedding. The couple's new life at KP and the future.

Commercial break-Weight Watchers ad/Oprah shares her experiences with program

What does Doria see for her own future. Will she move to the UK? What about Tom's relationship with Meghan?

All of the interview segments are handled in a casual setting up at Oprah's estate in tony Montecito, CA.  :) I'd expect that Oprah will also add a few video segments with Markle family footage of Meghan as a child/teen/college student,  clips from "Suits" or Meghan's other tv appearances. Quick clips from the engagement interview. Footage of Meghan and Harry on tour of the UK. Clips of Sammantha/ Tom Jr spouting nonsense. Footage of the wedding. Possible quick soundbites from Suits cast, college friends, new friends from Toronto

Double post auto-merged: June 14, 2018, 02:53:10 PM

Quote from: wannable on June 14, 2018, 02:23:08 PM
The point is their first encounter was at Ophra's house, which was allegedly denied by Meghan's journalist friend Omid Scobie.  Never was it denied by Ophra's team.  The DM said, that people watching Ophra's house reported that Doria was there for 6 hours.  6 hours is pretty much close to the legal working hours per day, 8 hours.  It was not an encounter in a sidewalk of 'hi there' or a sudden meet and greet of a few minutes wherever, but her house.
I though Scobie said that he'd heard the denial from Oprah's people?  Twitter

wannable

But not denied in first person, as a tweet coming from a Ophra employee, the tweet is third person outsider with an alleged contact of a Ophra team member, with no name of said team member, which is very different, akin to a no named insider, which may be true or false or mislead.

wannable

6 hours of Doria at a TV personality house, they did not speak, they only did a 6 hour yoga session. Right!

Here an ex athlete me me me wannable saying it how it is  :wink:

wannable

No, as mother to a royal, knowing that her daughter is marrying a prince, going to a TV personalities home with no previous record of visits is of public interest, which was reported, hence good to go, discuss.

So far I am glad the interview has not been aired, hence I mentioned Ophra may be honoring the BP non disclosure, and as a pass by damage control, said what she said in the red carpet, confirming Doria went to my house for yoga and fruit. Nobody believes 6 hours of yoga took place, or that they stayed in mute mode.

Lunch or whatever in Ophra's house, hopefully Doria's comments to Ophra do not end up in a book, papers, etc. Indiscreet, knowing her daughter is to marry a prince in a couple of weeks when the visit happened.

sandy

She was not a "royal" when Doria met Oprah.

So what do you want to have happened? Oprah listened to Doria's Complaints and then handed her a box of money she would not have to report to the IRS?

What are you getting at?

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on June 14, 2018, 03:01:43 PM
But not denied in first person, as a tweet coming from a Ophra employee, the tweet is third person outsider with an alleged contact of a Ophra team member, with no name of said team member, which is very different, akin to a no named insider, which may be true or false or mislead.
Ok thanks for your thoughts on this. I just find the whole business of Oprah/anonymous Oprah staffer's "denial" and then Oprah's confirmation of the meeting with Doria to be odd.

sandy

Oprah would want interviews with Key Players that would get Ratings--not the parents. Doria has gone back to her lifestyle and  Oprah did not give her $$$ or a new house or anything like that.

I don't think any of this is "odd."It is a big tempest in a teapot. IMO.

The main thing that kept Tom Sr from the wedding was the procedure to remove blockage. Not the TMZ. He's faded into the background again which is something he probably prefers.

TLLK

I disagree. IMHO the parents are key players as they've been involved in Meghan's life far longer than anyone else on this planet. Who else could provide the same background information as her mother and father? Her half-siblings were much older and didn't live with her for that long. (Besides Tom Jr. and Samantha have more or less discredited themselves for months.)

Doria is truly the only family member that has not shown themselves to be unreliable sources of information. I believe that an interview with her would draw many, many viewers who are interested in an American, bi-racial newly married member of the British royal family. Meghan's arrival into the BRF has sparked interest for those who couldn't really "relate" to the Windsors.

We've seen interviews with Meghan and the Windsors. However only her mother or possibly Trevor Engleson would be the ones to really catch the attention of those wanting to know about Meghan from the ones who know her best.  And with Trevor not speaking about Meghan, it's Doria that they'll want to speak with.

I doubt that Oprah really wants to chat with Tom Sr. because he's dubbed TMZ as his spokespersons.

sandy

Generally the parents fade into the background. Even the Middletons are low key and Sophie's father is in the background.  Why would there be any interest in what the parents say. Maybe Doria could talk for an hour about Meghan's school days, her graduation and so on. But I doubt there would be much interest in it. Doria did not go out and preen for the cameras, she just goes about her business. Whatever happened with Oprah went on in Oprah's home and it was Private.

The big interest would be if Oprah could get Meghan to agree to an interview.

Trevor has moved on and is remarrying. Why would he give interviews about his ex who has just remarried?

Some people don't want to do interviews and want to live their lives.

Doria seems to like her privacy.

TLLK

QuoteGenerally the parents fade into the background. Even the Middletons are low key and Sophie's father is in the background.  Why would there be any interest in what the parents say. Maybe Doria could talk for an hour about Meghan's school days, her graduation and so on. But I doubt there would be much interest in it. Doria did not go out and preen for the cameras, she just goes about her business. Whatever happened with Oprah went on in Oprah's home and it was Private.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the interest level if Doria chose to do an interview with Oprah. IMHO there would be tremendous interest for veteran and new royal watchers, Suits fans and those who just want to know about Meghan especially in the UK.
IMO there would be great interest because the Wales' brothers have been of interest since birth and even more so after Diana's death. IMHO there is far greater worldwide interest in them than their other royal relatives.

Meghan unlike her sister-in-law is a relative newcomer who has a story very similar to Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier. American actress finds a prince who takes her to a new land. It was a 50's fairytale and now it is being repeated in the UK.  To get the background story from her beloved mother  on Meghan prior to meeting Harry would be a coup for Oprah!

sandy

DOria seems to be comfortable with her lifestyle as it is now.

What can she say in an interview? Oprah probably would want her to talk about the controversial things like the ex stepchildren. Doria probably would not want to talk about such personal things.

Diana's sons have been famous since their respective births. Doria  only became known recently. Not the same thing at all. No comparison as far as I'm concerned.

I don't recall any interest in interviews with Grace Kelly's mother.

Sorry I don't see this as a "coup."

Those who want this to happen (in comments sections and social media sites) see it as something else they can bash Meghan about. That Doria is mercenary and wants to benefit financially by talking about her daughter. Other sites talk about her talking about racism and some critics  holding this against Meghan.

I think Oprah will not push this. Maybe she just wanted to meet Doria.

If this is on TV it will get low ratings. I doubt Doria wants this interview (alleged) because she does not seem to crave the limelight.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on June 14, 2018, 11:12:09 PM
Generally the parents fade into the background. Even the Middletons are low key and Sophie's father is in the background.  Why would there be any interest in what the parents say. Maybe Doria could talk for an hour about Meghan's school days, her graduation and so on. But I doubt there would be much interest in it. Doria did not go out and preen for the cameras, she just goes about her business. Whatever happened with Oprah went on in Oprah's home and it was Private.

The big interest would be if Oprah could get Meghan to agree to an interview.

Trev
If she liks her privacy I 'd advise her to stay away from Oprah.. and I think there is an interest in Meg in the US and since Meghan isn't going to be there, her mother is the next best thing to feed that interest.  And the Middletons are not "low key" in terms of the interest taken in htem by the Press here.  There are loads of stories..

sandy

You can't tell Doria what to do. It's her business. If she wanted to visit Oprah and accept her invitation why is it a bad thing?

The Middletons have not been seen as much as they have in the past. The parents that is. Pippa is shown walking around nearly every day.

Just because some avid media people stalked Doria, it is still nobody's business who she visited or did not visit.

wannable

The fact that Ophra invited total stranger Doria (as it also has been confirmed that they have never ever in the past met on a one to one basis, nor acquainted. Being members of the same whatever does not translate to "we are friends".  Same as some extreme fans who said in the past that Chelsea owner multibillionaire Abramovich has his property right next door to M&C Middleton's, they are buddies) to her house and the later accepted is sufficient that both ladies have intention; the first to land an exclusive the later to cash in.

Time will tell if the exclusive falls apart, nevertheless all what Doria said in 6 hours, Ophra already has it. So, Ophra may honor a code of silence now, but it will never guarantee if the beans will be available during her lifetime or after death.

TLLK

QuoteSorry I don't see this as a "coup."

Even though Oprah Winfrey is one of the top figures in the entertainment industry as a producer, director, actress and interviewer even she has to compete with others to remain relevant. An interview with the reclusive and quiet Doria Ragland would be a ratings coup for her. It sends a loud and powerful message especially to  that Oprah is THE trusted and respected interviewer if Doria (Meghan) would be willing to sit down and share about the new Duchess of Cambridge. (Take that Barbara Walters!) Meghan is the new Grace Kelly/Princess Grace for the 21st century. She's an American, bi-racial, former tv actress, divorced woman with "interesting family" who married Diana's son and is now a member of the most visible royal family on the planet. That in itself has drawn in more so many more people who are now following the British royal family.

QuoteIf she liks her privacy I 'd advise her to stay away from Oprah.. and I think there is an interest in Meg in the US and since Meghan isn't going to be there, her mother is the next best thing to feed that interest.

@amabel-Yesterday I saw her featured on at least most of the tabloid covers, she's definitely big interest here. There will be increased interest in the Windsors with the newest member.

If Doria did choose to be interviewed by Oprah, it would be with Meghan/Harry's blessing. There have been several who have wanted to put out their story about Meghan and her history (Nikkah, Samantha, Tom Jr.) and those who have been silent (Doria, Trevor, and to some degree Tom Sr.).Now I don't see Meghan doing any lengthy interviews with anyone for the near future. The engagement interview seems to be the only one typically done and that is for the purpose of introducing the fiance to the nation.  This is the opportunity for Meghan to share her history through a trusted and IMO respected source: her mother.

amabel

Quote from: wannable on June 15, 2018, 04:52:00 PM
I have said nasty things Spencers/Diana have factually done: Spencers two sisters dated Charles knowingly this family wanted to marry any of their children to the BRF.  And Diana threw herself down the stairs.

Yo
I can't imagine what you think is so wong about that. Of course the Spencer would LIKE one of their daughters to marry the King, but its hardly a crime to feel that ambition, I don't believe thtey made any particular effforts to get him to go out with the girls. and Diana did not throw herself down the stairs.... she retconned a fall

amabel

Doria should not go to Oprah's because O is an ambitious woman who will certainly play on her friendship... but if she wants to go,  if she ends up doing an interview, that's her business.  However, its a ibt iffy to act like you don't want media attention, and then allow someone like O to cultivate you

sandy

Oprah cannot force anybody to be interviewed. Doria would have been given a contract. I think Doria is concerned that her daughter is happy so I doubt she'd do a tell all. And it probably would provoke her former step children to go to the media  and it would have serious ramifications if Oprah asks her questions about how she gets along with Samantha. She's not going to get ratings by saying how Meghan did in school. She would pull a Frances Shand Kydd if she went to Oprah and gave an indiscreet interview.

Maybe Doria just visited her. It is their business and they are not obligated to write detailed reports of how the 6 hours were spent. It would sound like a Police State in that case.

wannable

Ophra did not force Doria to go to her house for 6 hours.  As I said, and noted by my fleetstreet veteran friend, those 6 hours already constitutes a 6 hour conversation that O may sell sooner or later, death memoir, etc.   

sandy

It's Oprah not Ophra

The Fleetstreet veteran friend was not in the house with them. She can't "sell" memoirs without permission of Meghan and her mother. She would get sued. Your proof is a he said she said sort of thing by a journalist of all people who was not there. So they talked steadily for 6 hours. Maybe you should subtract the time from your log and allow them eating and bathroom breaks. So someone had a stopwatch and timed the visit? How did they get past security to hide in the bushes?

This is getting weird now.

TLLK

QuoteNo Meghan is not just like Grace Kelly. Grace Kelly was a famous Hollywood actress and Academy Award winner who married the Prince of Monaco, and she was a reigning PRincess Consort.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one as while Grace married into the relatively unknown at the time Monegasque family, Meghan  has married into the family that far outshines the Principality of Monaco in prestige and influence. Prince Harry was THE most eligible royal bachelor in recent years.

IMO Meghan is the new version of Grace Kelly considering her career choice and her American background for the 21st century.

wannable

Doria cannot sue Oprah, she went for 6 hours to the later's house knowing that the later is a TV Celebrity specialized in telling stories of her guests, validated precisely by first hand knowledge.

Oprah has personnel working at her house.

Getting weird maybe, but in the USA if you sue someone, better have all the cards, one misplaced card, like the above, factually a lawyer or a court will dismiss any wrong doing by O, when a judge quizzes and says the following: You drove over to O house. Answer: Yes. You stayed for 6 hours. Answer: Yes.   

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on June 15, 2018, 05:43:42 PM
I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one as while Grace married into the relatively unknown at the time Monegasque family, Meghan  has married into the family that far outshines the Principality of Monaco in prestige and influence. Prince Harry was THE most eligible royal bachelor in recent years.

IMO Meghan is the new version of Grace Kelly considering her career choice and her American background for the 21st century.
Grace was certainly a bigger star than Meghan who is just an average TV actress... and Meg has married into a much more prestigious RF...