Doria Ragland chat

Started by Kritter, February 09, 2018, 12:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Meghan Markle: Suits actress said this about mother in parents themed blog post | Life | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

QuoteIn the post, unearthed from Meghan?s now deleted blog The Tig, describes Doria in touching prose, with lots of love and warmth.

The actress describes her mother as a free spirit with a facial piercing.

She wrote of her mother: "Nose ring. Yoga instructor. Social worker. Free spirit. Lover of potato chips & lemon tarts.?

Meghan also described Doria as having excellent moves on the dance floor.

TLLK

Doria Ragland visits Oprah Winfrey at her $88m mansion | Daily Mail Online

(Consider the source!) :wink: However if it is true and there was an interview, I'd be very interested in viewing it. It would appear that Oprah's California mansion escaped the wildfires this fall.)

QuoteMeghan Markle's mother was spotted over the weekend visiting Oprah Winfrey at her home in California, just three weeks ahead of the royal wedding.

Doria Ragland made a visit to Winfrey's $88million 'Promised Land' mansion in Santa Barbara on Saturday as expectations mount for her daughter's wedding to Prince Harry in London.

The purpose of the visit is still unclear but Ragland emerged after six hours bearing gifts including a gift basket that contained some of Winfrey's favorite items.

Trudie

If Doria is smart she will stay away from Oprah who is looking to use her to score an interview with Meghan

TLLK

Reportedly both women are members of the Agape Church, so it is possible that this prompted their meeting. However I do believe that if Doria chooses to be interviewed (with her daughter's blessing), then Oprah Winfrey would likely conduct it in a respectable manner.  :)

Michael Beckwith - Wikipedia-Founder/pastor of Agape Church. The church is based in Culver City, CA.

wannable

Hopefully it was only a meeting with showered gifts with no interviews. it won't go well with the public.

sandy

I read this story was denied by Oprah. Just another DM false story.

wannable

If true, then hopefully it will be replicated as the ladies are not friends, and if they are, let it be said to lessen the negative comments.

If they did meet, and they do not know each other, and this is a Fergie 2.0 opportunity both ways; Ophra's strategy to land interview, Doria to receive money's badly needed...I hope it ended there, just the reports of leaving Ophra's place loaded with gifts, which is The typical modus operandi of Ophra is already receiving 100% negative comments.

sandy

I don't think there are ever 100 percent negative comments.

Curryong

Omid Scobie reports that a rep at @Oprah stated that the six hour meeting between Doria Ragland and Oprah never happened.

Twitter

Just the Fail making up fairy tales again.

TLLK

Thank goodness I prefaced it with "consider the source!!" :lol:

wannable

Of course Omid Scobie cleared the true or false. He is to Meghan what Richard Kay was to Diana.

TLLK

:thumbsdown: Leave Doria alone and stop speculating on her relationship with her daughter.

Doria Ragland Spotted In L.A. After Being Snubbed By Meghan Markle

Curryong

radaronline is one of those grubby little outlets for people with one brain cell who believe everything they read on the Internet. It's pathetic. 

TLLK

Quote from: sandy on May 01, 2018, 02:39:23 PM
I read this story was denied by Oprah. Just another DM false story.

I thought that I'd read that the story of the two women (Oprah and Doria) had been denied by Oprah or her representatives. Now we have confirmation from Oprah herself that they did meet after all in early May.

sandy

Oprah denied just recently that an interview was planned. the visit did not mean there would be an interview. So clear denials over the interview

TLLK

Yes I realize that she said that no interview was planned but Oprah/her spokesperson denied that she and Doria had a meeting prior to the wedding.

Here is the tweet from early May that states that Oprah's rep had denied the meeting between the two women.

Twitter

sandy

I thought the issue was that Doria was going to be interviewed by Oprah (allegedly) not that she visited her.

TLLK

Apparently Oprah's representative (speaking on her behalf) felt it necessary to state that the pair had not met in early May, but now we have Oprah's word that they did. So at that time it seems that Oprah felt it necessary to make that claim about their meeting but it is odd that there has been a 360 turn on the subject.

IMO if Doria chooses to be interviewed by Oprah Winfrey, she's well within her rights to do so. (However I do believe she'd inform Meghan and Harry first. )

sandy

I honestly don't think there would be a lot of interest in an interview with Meghan's mother. Oprah goes for more famous people and wants those ratings. I also don't think Doria would want to try to be "famous" she seems very low key and comfortable in her day to day lifestyle in the US

amabel

of course tehre would be interst, unless Meg's not as fascinating to US people as I'd imagined.  I don't imaigine Doria is the type to give interviews, but IMO hanging around iwht Oprah is foolish behaviour, as there will be gossip, there will be rumours swirling around and O wil probably try and persuade her to interview.

TLLK

Quote from: sandy on June 14, 2018, 12:35:09 AM
I honestly don't think there would be a lot of interest in an interview with Meghan's mother. Oprah goes for more famous people and wants those ratings. I also don't think Doria would want to try to be "famous" she seems very low key and comfortable in her day to day lifestyle in the US
I disagree. IMHO there would be a great deal of interest to hear from Meghan's mother about her daughter's new life. Meghan has attracted a new group of people who were not royal watchers in the past and I believe that they'd be very interested in finding out more about the newest member of the Windsor family.

sandy

So TLK, what could Doria say in an hour interview. My daughter is so happy now. And then what? It's not Meghan she's interviewing or Harry and some would say Doria who?

Quote from: amabel on June 14, 2018, 05:08:29 AM
of course tehre would be interst, unless Meg's not as fascinating to US people as I'd imagined.  I don't imaigine Doria is the type to give interviews, but IMO hanging around iwht Oprah is foolish behaviour, as there will be gossip, there will be rumours swirling around and O wil probably try and persuade her to interview.

Allegedly the interview (which was denied) was with the mother and the daughter. It would be like Oprah interviewing Sophie's father about the Fake Sheikh scandal instead of Sophie herself.

Doria is not "hanging out" with Oprah she continues to live her own life. If she wants to visit Oprah that's entirely Doria's business.

The gossipers are the ones with the problems not Doria.

wannable

It doesn't help the Ophra admitted to invite a total stranger for 6 hours at her home. So the Daily Fail was quite right.

sandy

Oprah can do whatever she wants.  Are those who don't like it going to play policeman with Oprah. Not a chance! It's a free country or so I thought. The DF was WRONG. Where is the interview, wannabe

wannable

The point is their first encounter was at Ophra's house, which was allegedly denied by Meghan's journalist friend Omid Scobie.  Never was it denied by Ophra's team.  The DM said, that people watching Ophra's house reported that Doria was there for 6 hours.  6 hours is pretty much close to the legal working hours per day, 8 hours.  It was not an encounter in a sidewalk of 'hi there' or a sudden meet and greet of a few minutes wherever, but her house.