Williams thoughts on aunt Sarah???

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, February 07, 2018, 12:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Palace's spider tizzy | Daily Mail Online

William joked: ?I?ve just lost a tarantula. If you see it, it goes by the name of Sarah.?

Given the current will she/wont she of the invitations to Harrys wedding, this seems like a very poor choice of joke....
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

@Duch_Luver_4ever -Just to clarify, were you aware that the visit to the museum  and the tarantula holding happened in 2009? I'm not sure why this was dragged up by the DM except for clickbait. :shrug:

SophieChloe

Well shame on him if he said that.  Considering he had hair in that article I'll forgive him for being such a prune.  Sarah was a friend to his Mother when she needed them most.  Shamefully, I doubt William has grown up. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

Here is a DM article on the day that the Darwin Center opened in 2009. The tarantula's name (given by the staff) was Sarah. :)

Prince William opens ?78 million Darwin Centre at the Natural History Museum | Daily Mail Online

QuotePrince William was the very picture of fear as he was persuaded to handle a giant bird-eating spider yesterday.

The 27-year-old grimaced as the Mexican Red Kneed Tarantula - called Sarah - crawled onto his hand for a photocall at the Natural History Museum in London.

William also recalled Diana bringing him to the museum in his speech.

QuoteIn a short speech, William recalled coming to the museum with his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, for the first time as a young boy and 'staring with wonder into...the terrifying eye socket of a T-Rex'.

'That whole experience sparked in me a love of the natural world which has stayed with me...how it works. How the natural balance depends on us. How we depend on it.

Encouraged by my father, this boyhood fascination has developed into an  interest in how we, as members of the human race, meet the challenges now facing us and our planet,' he said.

SophieChloe

"Aunt Sarah" - The same Aunt he did not want at his wedding.  Whilst Gobby Gary was invited.  Shame on him. 

Duch_Luver_4ever

Thanks @TLLK  the hair in his picture should have been the clue LOL, to be fair to the author, he did put the date in, after reviewing it again, but he didnt put the name of the spider in there, one does have to question if he hoped ppl would jump to the same conclusion i did.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

@Duch_Luver_4ever -I have a feeling that was Sebastian Shakespeare's intent all along.  :P Strange that it didn't occur to him that William has much more hair in that photo and that people might clue in that the event happened nearly a decade ago. Hopefully Sarah the tarantula is basking in the adoration of the thousands who visit the Natural History Museum's Darwin Center. :Jen:

Duch_Luver_4ever

It was funny @TLLK  I read it just after reading SophieChloe s post about Harry being the kindest to Sarah and her thoughts about Williams level of kindness, so when I read that I thought "wow she called it right on the head according to this story if its true LOL" so my usual diligence was lowered a bit seeing two unrelated but seemingly similar things.

Kritter

William has a terrible sense of humor & always takes shots at others while expecting everyone to laugh because he is the heir. He is so like Charles it is a shame he didn't get anything except looks (that he has lost) from his Mother while Harry got everything else from her.

TLLK

No worries Duch. The DM has been reaping the benefits of click bait for years and will continue to do so in the near future. SS was likely looking for anything that had the name "Sarah" to use with any member of the BRF.

SophieChloe

^ Many of the articles here are sourced from the DM.  Irony much?

Kritter

^ Yes they are & every time we are told how it is "click bait" but they are good for photos.

SophieChloe

Exactly!  Positive re W&K .  Negative is dismissed as click bait. 

TLLK

I can only speak for myself, but I try as much as I can  to avoid the DM as a source when I'm sharing stories about the BRF because IMHO their attention to details is rather poor.  However if you find their stories to be accurate and truthful @SophieChloe, then by all means please share them.  :friends:  Now I will use the DM articles for stories regarding the  foreign royals because often times they might be the English language story that I can find. (Google translate isn't always very precise either.) Sadly though they mostly cover the royal's wardrobe instead of the event. :no:

Now a story that is at least eight years old is being shared now by Mr. Shakespeare...yes I'll call it clickbait. :lol:

wannable

Not much of click-bate, only 30 comments, whilst the best was its an old 2009...

Was the tarantula named Sarah?

TLLK

Yes @wannable the tarantula was named Sarah by the staff.

'Sweaty' Prince William holds tarantula - Telegraph

QuoteThe giant spider - a Mexican Red-kneed Tarantula called Sarah - was offered to the 27-year-old Prince when he joined a group of youngsters being given a talk by the museum's curator of arachnids, Jan Beccaloni.

Talking about the type of spider that was being shown to the public, she said: ''They are quite tame and they make perfect pets.''

wannable

Ohhh, so just because (the museum staff had a spider called Sarah) then.  So William's joke is not that bad ;)

Kritter

Williams jokes are always bad, he has no sense of humor.

Duch_Luver_4ever

man William has a tough crowd here to please....he cant help it he's more shy than his brother  :shrug:

Kritter

Well I guess that is the way it goes when we are allowed to express our own opinions. There is a difference between self entitlement & being shy.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on February 07, 2018, 03:59:07 PM
Ohhh, so just because (the museum staff had a spider called Sarah) then.  So William's joke is not that bad ;)
Yes the joke being that somehow William had "lost'  the tarantula during the event and could guests be on  the lookout for it. :wink:

Here is a pair of  short videoes from the Darwin Centre opening in 2009 including when William met Sarah.  :D He later recalls in his speech his mother bringing him to the Natural History Museum as a child.

Prince William holds a tarantula - YouTube

William's speech: Prince William opens the spectacular new Darwin Centre | Natural History Museum - YouTube

PaulaB

Quote from: SophieChloe on February 07, 2018, 01:00:34 AM
"Aunt Sarah" - The same Aunt he did not want at his wedding.  Whilst Gobby Gary was invited.  Shame on him.

She is the ex wife of his uncle.  Gary is the brother of Catherine?s mother completely different and I have been to many weddings where ex partners are not invited no big deal there.

PaulaB

Quote from: SophieChloe on February 07, 2018, 01:00:34 AM

He is an actual uncle she was an ex wife