Prince Andrew fights and wins his WWI battle

Started by Kritter, January 26, 2018, 02:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Prince Andrew fights and wins his WWI battle | Daily Mail Online

QuotePrince Andrew played a key role in ensuring that the brilliant World War I film Journey's End, starring Sam Claflin, Paul Bettany, Toby Jones and Asa Butterfield, made it to cinema screens in this, the centenary of the end of the war.

The film is based on R.C. Sherriff's play about a group of British officers in the trenches on the eve of battle in 1918.

However, the screen rights to the work are controlled by Warner Bros and the studio policy is that no rights are given up unless it's for one of their own projects.

Word of the situation reached the Duke of York, who swung into action. He, and other members of the Royal Family, felt that the 2018 World War I centenary events should include a film.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Brilliant that hes in the news for something other than running to mummy over his mean big brother, his air travel or sleazy friends  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cant wait to see it, WW1 was Canada's coming of age moment.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.