Prince Charles & Camilla Visit "This Morning"

Started by Kritter, January 25, 2018, 11:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

This royal couple are visiting This Morning next week!

QuoteHolly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield have announced some very exciting news. The pair are set to welcome a royal couple to the sofa next week to celebrate This Morning's 30th anniversary. "We are very proud and honoured to say that next Wednesday we will be joined by Their Royal Highnesses the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall as This Morning celebrates its 30th anniversary," Holly explained.

Phil added: "Charles and Camilla will discover more about This Morning's successful campaigns and meet other members of the ITV Daytime family, as the couple mark the 90th birthday of the Royal Television Society of which Prince Charles is a patron. We're also going to be asking them to sign ? we've never done this before ? our first visitors' book, which is going to be filled with pictures and messages from all our guests. We're going to take piccies on this camera, polaroid, old school." Holly revealed that the book will be given away in October during the show's week of celebrations.

Double post auto-merged: January 26, 2018, 10:57:58 AM

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall to appear as guests on This Morning ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will make a guest appearance on ITV?s flagship programme This Morning as part of the show?s 30th-anniversary celebrations.
Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla, will appear on the famous sofa and will sign a guestbook which will be given away to a viewer later in the year.

During Thursday?s show, This Morning presenter Holly Willoughby said: ?We are very proud and honoured to say that next Wednesday we will be joined by their royal highnesses the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall as This Morning celebrates its 30th anniversary.?

Co-host Phillip Schofield added: ?Charles and Camilla will discover more about This Morning?s successful campaigns and meet other members of the ITV Daytime family as the couple mark the 90th birthday of the Royal Television Society of which Prince Charles is a patron.

Duch_Luver_4ever

This Morning fans slam Holly and Phil during royal visit | Daily Mail Online

Seems This Morning is trying to make it hard for me to watch Holly having C&C there LOL. But seriously, the DM is really roasting Holly and Phillip for their interview, but what are they expecting. Its basically a fluff show to wake up to, its very rare for royals to be on it, id say 30 yrs ago they wouldnt, theyre not going to go on and be grilled like a "gotcha" journalism piece.

If the DM expected them to do any mea culpas over the last 40 years, theyre living in dreamland. Sounds like a case of what they want vs the way the world is, has too big a gap for them.

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

Prince Charles comes to the rescue after golden labrador puppy steals reporter?s microphone ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall appeared in the ITV This Morning studios on Wednesday afternoon where the heir to the throne wrestled a microphone from a playful puppy.
As Charles and Camilla met the cast and crew, the resident dog, Digby, stole a microphone from a reporter in the press pack.

Prince Charles was clearly amused and tugged the microphone out of Digby?s mouth, and pretended to throw it across the studio for the guide dog-in-training to fetch.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Reminds me of Nixon and Checkers  :lol: :teehee: see im not a bad guy, I like dogs....As a dog owner I cant really give him too much grief over that.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

royalanthropologist

They do look awkward and out of place (C&C). Queen Mary would be horrified that a great grandson of hers was appearing on the likes of the Morning Show with his ex-Mistress who is now the Princess of Wales. You just cannot be "one of us". It just makes them look like a bunch of toffs sent out to do a bit of PR to justify the massive state allowances. 
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

wannable

A anniversary celebrating 30 years on air is intended to be a happy one, rather than a negative one. 

ITV has been, will be in existence with Future King Charles, they are the go to channel when BBC is not.  The invitation to go was sent to the right person.

Kritter

When the person is supposed to present themselves in a certain way to the public (as the Queen has done) a television talk show is always going to look stupid.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: royalanthropologist on February 03, 2018, 05:02:21 AM
They do look awkward and out of place (C&C). Queen Mary would be horrified that a great grandson of hers was appearing on the likes of the Morning Show with his ex-Mistress who is now the Princess of Wales. You just cannot be "one of us". It just makes them look like a bunch of toffs sent out to do a bit of PR to justify the massive state allowances.

She likely wouldnt approve of such a choice as the Duchess of Cornwall, and being on the telly (sorry, I try to be as grey as I can, but Charles got his shot to have a Princess of Wales, and kind of played the country for suckers, aside from the emotional attachment to Diana.  While the CoE and Govt arent asking him to step out of the line, I think the public have had a bit of their fill of the whole thing, so while technically she can be called that, I doubt we'll see it used. I like to think of it like a sports jersey number being retired, so to speak, till its Kate's turn).

But at the same time im sure QM had see some things change from the way things were when she was young, and likely she may have even bristled against the conventions of her era at that time. Also I doubt it would be morality that would be her issue with C&C, but rather the openness with which things are talked about today. Several of her contemporaries had similar arrangements, they were just more discreet about them than we are these days.

Also even though the royal power was seen as more direct back then, im sure with the growth of newspapers in her time, she likely saw some likely resisted, but required playing up tot the masses in terms of giving the media some access, albeit much more controlled and measured in her day.

Who knows in a 100 years we may look at the level of access today as "stuffy". I think with the whole dog thing it was a case of note getting the W.C Fields memo of not working with kids or animals LOL. He does like dogs, ill give him that. :partaay: