Prince Harry takes Meghan for tea with HM Queen Elizabeth

Started by sara8150, October 19, 2017, 03:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Prince Harry Takes Meghan Markle for Tea at the Palace to Meet Queen Elizabeth
Prince Harry Takes Meghan Markle for Tea with Queen Elizabeth

Double post auto-merged: October 19, 2017, 03:58:08 PM

Harry, Meghan and a VERY discreet tea party with the Queen: Besotted Prince and his girlfriend 'spend an hour at the Palace with his grandmother' as friends say their engagement is 'not a question of if but when'
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's tea party with the Queen | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: October 19, 2017, 04:05:16 PM

Meghan Markle and Harry meet Queen for DISCREET chat - engagement imminent, say insiders
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle meet the Queen in 'unusual' manner amid wedding rumours | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

TLLK

It's reportedly happened, but like with most of these stories we'll never see a photo or hear a confirmation from BP or KP.

amabel

Mmmm. I suppose so, but if there is an engagement in the offing, I would say they would probably wait till after the queen's wedding anniversary and Christmas to announce it.... Sitl its not htat far off in time.

LouisFerdinand

Did Queen Elizabeth find Meghan polite and charming?     

:curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy:

Curryong

According to the Fail she probably did. I don't particularly believe that article, mainly because the 5pm tea would have to be somewhat rushed! The Fail has the Queen, Harry and Meghan relaxing over the scones, fruit cakes and cuppas for an hour from 5pm.

As the Queen had an engagement at 6:30pm that evening (to which she was accompanied by Princess Anne) that scenario doesn't leave a 91 year old woman much time to dress, freshen the makeup and get to the venue, where she met elderly ladies who had worked in Naval Intelligence and at Bletchley Park in WW2. 

I do believe that Meghan  has met some royals however, probably C&C and the Cambridges. Ingrid Seward, who edits the glossy pro Royal 'Majesty' magazine, has tons of contacts within the Royal Household. She stated after an article came out that Harry and Meghan went up to Balmoral after their African holiday, that she was 98% sure that they had visited. I'd believe her above DM journalists.

Now, whether Harry and Meghan stayed at Birkhall overnight and Harry alone went to Balmoral to  ask for consent to wed, I wouldn't know. It's a possibility, especially if there'd been a proposal in Africa and Harry wanted to tell his family.  I'd believe that over concoctions about tea at the Palace in the DM.

amabel

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on October 21, 2017, 12:12:56 AM
Did Queen Elizabeth find Meghan polite and charming?     

:curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy: :curtsy:
#
Since we have no idea whether the meeting took place or whether she has ever met Markle, I don't know how you would expect an answer to that question.