PoW and DoC to Asia in Oct/Nov 2017

Started by TLLK, October 04, 2017, 01:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Clarence House on Twitter: "Just announced: The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit Singapore, Malaysia and India from 30 October -

Double post auto-merged: October 04, 2017, 03:09:40 AM

Clarence House on Twitter: "The Royal tour will celebrate the UK?s partnership with these Commonwealth Nations. Full info: https://t.co/ZsQTTmniX5"

Double post auto-merged: October 04, 2017, 03:22:07 AM

Charles and Camilla cancel trip to Burma over 'ethnic cleansing': Couple had been due to visit the country as part of tour of Asia next month
Charles cancels trip to Burma over 'ethnic cleansing' | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: October 04, 2017, 03:29:34 AM

Prince Charles and Camilla will NOT visit Burma during royal tour after spate of violence
Charles and Camilla will NOT visit Burma during royal autumn tour | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: October 04, 2017, 03:35:57 PM

Prince Charles to visit Malta for George Cross commemoration
Prince Charles to visit Malta for George Cross commemoration | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: October 04, 2017, 06:43:12 PM

A royal wave! Prince Charles is all smiles as he is welcomed to Malta by the Prime Minister to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the nation being honoured with the George Cross
Prince Charles is welcomed to Malta for his two day visit | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: October 04, 2017, 06:49:59 PM

Why Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall won't be travelling to Burma
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall won't be travelling to Burma on their royal tour

Double post auto-merged: October 04, 2017, 06:57:02 PM

Prince Charles to skip Burma during tour of Asia amid Rohingya violence
Prince Charles to skip Burma during tour of Asia amid Rohingya violence

Double post auto-merged: October 04, 2017, 07:00:53 PM

Prince Charles omits Myanmar from Asia tour amid Rohingya conflict
Prince Charles omits Myanmar from Asia tour amid Rohingya conflict | World news | The Guardian

Double post auto-merged: October 04, 2017, 07:02:53 PM

Prince Charles visits Malta to commemorate courage shown in Second World War
Prince Charles visits Malta to commemorate courage shown in WWII | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

sara8150

Taking up the baton! Prince Charles is presented with the emblem of the 21st Commonwealth Games as he arrives in Singapore with Camilla
Prince Charles and Camilla arrive in Singapore | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: October 31, 2017, 05:52:03 AM

Prince Charles and Camilla Share Rare Public Kiss as They Reunite to Start 11-Day Trip in Southeast Asia
Prince Charles and Camila Share Rare Public Kiss as They Reunite to Start 11-Day Trip in Southeast Asia

Double post auto-merged: October 31, 2017, 06:01:48 AM

Sealed with a kiss! Charles and Camilla lock lips as they are reunited after arriving separately in Singapore to kick off four-country tour
Prince Charles and Camilla lock lips in Singapore | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: October 31, 2017, 02:51:55 PM

Prince Charles and Camilla welcomed by guard of honour in Singapore
Charles and Camilla welcomed by guard of honour in Singapore | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

sara8150

Prince Charles is overcome with emotion as he and a glamorous Camilla honour soldiers who died during the world wars in Singapore
Prince Charles is overcome with emotion in Singapore | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Court Circular 31/10

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall today carried out engagements in Singapore.

Their Royal Highnesses were received by The President of the Republic of Singapore at the Istana this morning.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall subsequently called upon the Prime Minister of the Republic of Singapore (Mr Lee Hsien Loong) and Mrs Lee.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall afterwards visited the Cenotaph and His Royal Highness laid a Wreath.

The Prince of Wales this afternoon attended an Interfaith meeting at the Harmony Centre.

His Royal Highness later visited MacRitchie Reservoir Park.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening attended a Dinner given by The President of the Republic of Singapore at the Istana.

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited Temasek Junior College and received students who have won prizes in The Queen's Commonwealth Essay Prize.

Double post auto-merged: November 01, 2017, 12:59:32 AM

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall begin their tour of Asia – Royal Central

Double post auto-merged: November 01, 2017, 01:10:11 PM

The Prince Of Wales & Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei And India - Day 3 - Zimbio

Double post auto-merged: November 01, 2017, 01:11:25 PM

The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall get an orchid named after them – Royal Central

Double post auto-merged: November 01, 2017, 01:11:52 PM

Students crowd to see the Duchess of Cornwall – Royal Central

Double post auto-merged: November 01, 2017, 01:13:33 PM

Prince Charles and the “monkey guard” – Royal Central

sara8150

Prince Charles shows off his vacuuming skills in Singapore
Prince Charles shows off his vacuuming skills in Singapore

Double post auto-merged: November 01, 2017, 03:51:34 PM

Prince Charles shows his expertise with a vacuum cleaner on Singapore trip
Prince Charles shows his expertise with a vacuum cleaner on Singapore trip | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

sara8150

Prince Charles and Camilla treated to sumptuous afternoon tea at Sultan's residence and meet Nepalese servicemen as they tour Brunei
Prince Charles and Camilla treated to sumptuous afternoon tea at Sultan's residence and meet Nepalese servicemen as they tour Brunei

Double post auto-merged: November 02, 2017, 05:15:56 PM

Prince Charles and Camilla receive Gurkha greeting during stopover in Brunei
Prince Charles and Camilla receive Gurkha greeting in Brunei | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: November 02, 2017, 05:20:43 PM

'It's more tiring as you get older': Worn out Camilla, 70, jokes that she needs to slow down as her hectic 11-day tour of Asia with Prince Charles takes its toll
Camilla jokes about slowing down on Asia tour with Charles | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: November 02, 2017, 06:54:32 PM

See Every Wacky, Wild Photo of Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall on Their Latest Tour!
Prince Charles and Camilla Brunei, Singapore, India Visit Photos

sandy

Camilla is being rude to the hosts and those she visits by pulling those faces, where she lowers the corners of her mouth and stretches out her mouth. Very unflattering. Where are her advisers? Bolland should be along, she seems to have forgotten his advice.

royalanthropologist

Oh shock horror. A 70 year old woman is reeling from the sunshine and fulls faces as she gets out of the car. It is a constitutional crisis. Quick, let's have her head off.   :notamused:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

70 year olds are not considered all that old in this day and age. But her pulling those faces was rude. If Diana did that, I think there would be a whole thread with some trashing her for being "unprofessional" and "rude." Camilla should not make faces, it makes her look worse.  Whoever is advising her now? I think BOlland would have set her straight.

royalanthropologist

Of course it was a horrendous thing to do. It overshadowed the entire trip and it was all about the faces Camilla was making when getting out of a car on a hot day. Of course 70 year old are not really that old in this age. They can be compared to someone in their 30s with modern technology. Camilla was very badly advised to show signs of exhaustion on a hot day. Perhaps Mark Bolland ought to do an intervention to rescue the monarchy from this crisis?

"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

There is a close up of Camilla with a really strange expression, her mouth stretched out. These are the sort of things that PR people want to prevent. Bolland worked with Camilla for years and would have counseled her against it. Who are her advisers now? Even Camilla probably would groan at that horrendous picture of her in the DM and other media outlets. Do you think she really felt she was attractive being caught with her face like that?

The Queen is over 90 and probably feels the strain but she would not be caught making faces. It is possible to cope with exhaustion without the gurning.

Camilla should have known better. Yes, he should do an intervention to do her a favor.

If you think she looked "classy" making those faces, that is your choice.

Trudie

Yes royalanthropologist Cammy is badly advised HM is 91 and even in the hottest days of engagements I have yet to see her pull those faces or anyother royal for that matter. Also I would like to know just what is so exhausting of engagements? it is not like she is working in a factory, restaurant etc all she has to do is shake hands make small talk and look interested not to mention perhaps unveiling the odd plaque. Cammy was lazy in the beginning and is still showing just how lazy she is.

Double post auto-merged: November 03, 2017, 11:35:08 AM

Quote from: sandy on November 03, 2017, 11:28:07 AM
There is a close up of Camilla with a really strange expression, her mouth stretched out. These are the sort of things that PR people want to prevent. Bolland worked with Camilla for years and would have counseled her against it. Who are her advisers now? Even Camilla probably would groan at that horrendous picture of her in the DM and other media outlets. Do you think she really felt she was attractive being caught with her face like that?

The Queen is over 90 and probably feels the strain but she would not be caught making faces. It is possible to cope with exhaustion without the gurning.

Camilla should have known better. Yes, he should do an intervention to do her a favor.

If you think she looked "classy" making those faces, that is your choice.

Camilla is like Sarah Duchess of York pulling ugly faces two women I would not use the word class to describe.

royalanthropologist

You mean like these?

https://www.google.com/search?q=one+is+not+amused+queen&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiMwN6crKLXAhUHP5oKHeGqAtQQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=662

There comes a time when personal dislike turns into something else entirely. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Camilla. She is the perfect consort and Charles (as well as her hosts) are happy with her presence there. This is just petty nitpicking for the sake of petty nitpicking.

Btw if royal duties are not that strenuous (as you have suggested); do we take it that Diana did completely nothing all her life? After all, it was very simple work that even a 70 year old Camilla ought to do?

It is preposterous to think that Camilla had a meeting with PR people to decide whether or not she was going to show the signs of feeling the heat. I must also highlight the fact that her predecessor once fainted at a state occasion. Was that also a lack of professionalism or was her sickness the goody princessy type that deserved compasssion?

This is getting beyond caricature in my view. It would be amusing if it wasn't a bit sad.

sandy

Now the Queen is thrown under a bus to try to elevate Camilla.

It does not change how awful Camilla looks in those photos and I think it rude. LIke a kid unhappy with going to school. She is representing her country on this tour and she should check her "pouty" or "exhausted" expressions at the door. 

70 is not old these days. A woman pushing 70 had a grueling Presidential run which puts Camilla's work in the shade.

No it is not preposterous. That is what Bolland did (who by the way referred to Camilla as being lazy) and was paid a lot of $$$$ to do this.

Camilla's expressions look like a caricature.

If you think Camilla looks attractive and classy doing that, that again is your choice.

royalanthropologist

No. I am not throwing the queen under the bus as you over-dramatically put it. Just highlighting the hypocrisy and double standards in your attempt to elevate the exhausted expressions of a 70 year old woman in a hot foreign country to a major diplomatic crisis. It is not and nobody that really matters has said it is.

To me, this is not about Camilla making faces but something else entirely. That is what I wanted to show. Mountain out of a moll IMO. The visit was a success and the hosts were pleased. Even Charles seemed quite happy to see his wife.

I see you make reference to "classy looks". Camilla's attractions are not primarily based on her looks. She did manage to unseat probably the most beautiful princess ever looking the way she does and with much else besides including personality. I doubt Camilla is going to have a crisis of confidence because she took a bad picture on tour.

TLLK

Quote from: royalanthropologist on November 03, 2017, 08:14:09 AM
Oh shock horror. A 70 year old woman is reeling from the sunshine and fulls faces as she gets out of the car. It is a constitutional crisis. Quick, let's have her head off.   :notamused:
Actually I believe that these are just screen shots from video taken as they arrived. it's a ploy that the media uses knowing that the "photos" will invite readers to click and comment. The DM knows that they have a legion of commenters who will pounce upon these types of articles.   Knowing that Camilla has back issues and quite likely osteoporosis, I wouldn't be surprised if she winces now and then.

Here is video of the couple's arrival in Brunei.  She is walking down the stairs rather cautiously IMO.

Prince Charles arrives in Brunei with Camilla during Asia tour - YouTube

sandy

Doesn't Charles "see his wife" all the time?

Camilla is getting some flak for this.

Camilla did more than wince.

Camilla seeing off Diana is nothing to be proud of.

TLLK

Court Circular 1st November:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall today carried out the following engagements in Singapore.

Their Royal Highnesses this morning visited Tiong Bahru Wet Market.

The Prince of Wales afterwards attended a Meeting with United Kingdom Defence Advisors and Defence Attachés at the British High Commission.

Their Royal Highnesses this afternoon attended an orchid-naming ceremony at the National Orchid Garden.

The Prince of Wales afterwards visited the Dyson Technology Centre.

His Royal Highness subsequently visited Garçons Nosh Restaurant.

The Prince of Wales later visited Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts.

His Royal Highness afterwards visited the National Gallery of Singapore.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening attended a Reception given by His Excellency the British High Commissioner to the Republic of Singapore and Mrs. Wightman at the Residence.

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited the Tiong Bahru Community Centre.

Double post auto-merged: November 03, 2017, 01:39:18 PM

#RoyalVisitMY hashtag on Twitter More photos and videos of the couple's visit. They've now landed in Brunei.

sandy

The Prince of Wales appears to be doing more than she does. I think she gets plenty of time to rest and she does not have to work a 7 day, 9-5 work week.

TLLK

Quotehttps://www.google.com/search?q=one+is+not+amused+queen&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiMwN6crKLXAhUHP5oKHeGqAtQQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=662

Proof that even being your nation's HoS will not shield you from having an unflattering photo published. In a day and age when technology enables photographers to take many, many photos in a very short period of time, it is impossible for subjects to keep their faces composed continually. Queen Sofia of Spain is another woman who like Elizabeth knows that she cannot control her facial expressions 24/7 and has dealt with these types of photos as well. The press publishes them because they know that they can be manipulated to "prove" their stories and that they're "click bait" worthy.

Double post auto-merged: November 03, 2017, 01:48:53 PM

Quote from: sandy on November 03, 2017, 01:41:10 PM
The Prince of Wales appears to be doing more than she does. I think she gets plenty of time to rest and she does not have to work a 7 day, 9-5 work week.
Not surprising that the adult heir to the throne typically has more engagements than their consort. It's part of their training for their future role as HoS. I've seen similar schedules with Frederik, Haakon, Victoria, Nahurito and Guillaume when they're abroad and accompanied by their spouse. Often times it involves additional meetings with the host nation's HoS and HoG. (Though I'll admit that of all of the Crown Princess/male consorts, Masako definitely has the lightest schedule due to her on going treatment for her adjustment disorder.)

sandy

Funny how things have changed so much with the royals and not in a good way.  Royals on appearances did keep up appearances. And I find it ironic at how Diana fainted at an appearance (one) and was trashed by Charles. At least she had an illness going on. Camilla gurns uncomfortably and makes it know she finds it exhausting. The Queen is 91 and she has serious expressions on her face when she watches the races. She does not gurn when she appears  before crowd. If Camilla did not make those faces, the media would have nothing. There are also unattractive photos of her eating.

That photo of her turning away food is an obvious airbrush of the Queen

Camilla should know better than:

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&biw=1536&bih=759&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=i3T8Wf6oNcjUmAHKw4TwCQ&q=camilla+parker+bowles+eating+photos&oq=camilla+parker+bowles+eating+photos&gs_l=psy-ab.3...26986.32043.0.32195.37.33.1.0.0.0.152.2749.21j9.30.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..6.17.1574...0j0i67k1j0i30k1j0i8i30k1j0i24k1.0.mipClW-grrE#imgrc=ZMiIkWi9EyuWzM:

TLLK

QuoteFunny how things have changed so much with the royals and not in a good way.  Royals on appearances did keep up appearances. And I find it ironic at how Diana fainted at an appearance (one) and was trashed by Charles. At least she had an illness going on.

Diana's fainting spell was unfortunate and a symptom of how serious her eating disorder had become. Yes I agree @sandy that Charles handled that  incident very badly. However we do know that Camilla has ongoing issues with her back pain and it is becoming quite obvious that she has an inherited medical condition- osteoporosis. Also it is obvious to most people that the majority of people in their twenties and thirties have more stamina and energy than most senior citizens. IMHO both ladies should be commended for continuing with their overseas engagements even though it is apparent that they were having medical issues.

Double post auto-merged: November 03, 2017, 03:01:40 PM

Timeline for Diana's treatment for eating disorder: She sought treatment somewhere around 1988-1989.  So when the fainting spell happened in 1986 in Vancouver, she had not yet been diagnosed though her bulimia and binge eating issues were certainly a problem.

royalanthropologist

@sandy. Storm in a tea cup. The government, queen and Charles appear to be happy with Camilla's work. And THEY are the ones that really matter in terms of making the decision of where she goes and how.

I do agree however with @TLLK that Charles behaved pathetically when Diana was ill. Instead of being the gentleman, he actually blamed her for falling ill! :thumbsdown: