Peter & Autumn Philips and family news and general chat.

Started by LouisFerdinand, June 09, 2017, 12:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

Does Autumn Phillips still have Canadian citizenship?

Curryong

As far as I know Autumn has retained her Canadian citizenship. She may also, in fact, have dual citizenship as she has lived in Britain for a long time now.

TLLK

@Curryong-So is that a benefit for having citizenship in two Commonwealth nations that you are permitted retain your citizenship in both?

Curryong

I just think that Autumn still feels Canadian in her heart and so was reluctant to give up citizenship of her native land. However, marrying a UK citizen and living with them in Great Britain is no doddle, at least not for ordinary mortals.

Marrying a UK Resident

I'm not mentioning that there might have been special arrangements made for Autumn as she was to marry a grandson of the Queen, but...  :wink:

I'm sure dual citizenship is a great advantage for everyone who wishes to enter his/her homeland wherever it is, as well as the land of their adoption. I was a recipient of that myself for many years, but this was because until the 1990's the Australian government allowed special treatment to British citizens domiciled in Australia. That no longer applies. (I was married to an Aussie during the time we were regularly travelling between Aus and the U.K. anyway.)

Within Britain very young Aussies, New Zealanders and Canadians were allowed, under a quota system, to go to Britain to live and work for a specified amount of time (about two years, I think it was) especially if they had a UK born parent. However, under EU regulations that gradually got tightened up. Aussies do still go to the UK to live and work, usually in London, but it's not the rite of passage it once was, as the regulations have changed.

LouisFerdinand

Do the daughters of Autumn have Canadian citizenship?

Curryong

amabel

Curryong

Autumn met Peter Phillips in Canada at the 2003 Canadian Grand Prix. He was working at the time for Williams FI team. She was a management consultant, having graduated from McGill university and work as a model and actress while she was a student. (She was in the TV series Sirens.)

She apparently didn't know who he was at first, but they started to date. Peter eventually went back to England and Autumn got a job with a US computer company there. She was living with Peter at Gatcombe Park and in a flat in Kensington when she landed a dream job as an assistant to the broadcaster Michael Parkinson. No sign of visas or having to get back to Canada there, then! The couple got engaged in 2007 and married the next year.

I distinctly remember their wedding, the minor scandal of the couple selling their story and wedding photos to Hello magazine, seeing photos of Kate, Harry and Harry's girlfriend Chelsy dancing to music at the reception, (William was absent, he attended some do in Africa to do with Jecca Craig's family instead, I believe) the story later that Kate met the Queen for the first time at this wedding.

TLLK

Curryong

As far as I remember Peter and Autumn have never been particularly horsey people. However, they and their children often turn up to various events involving equestrian sports with the rest of Anne's family. I think Anne will be very pleased to see all her granddaughters as enthusiastic horse riders.

TLLK

Autumn Phillips? Christmas Hats | Royal Hats

QuoteA royal hat wearer who as emerged as one to watch over recent years is Autumn Phillips. Today, we?re taking a look back at the hats she has worn on Christmas Day: :xmas15:

Double post auto-merged: December 20, 2019, 12:39:45 AM

My personal favorite is the white fuzzy beret worn to her first royal Christmas.

dianab

they live in canada or at anne's estate or another place? anyone knows?

TLLK

@dianab-As of 2018 the family were still living in a house on the Gatcombe Estate.

Is Princess Anne making this big change for daughter Zara Phillips? | woman&home

QuoteIn 2013 Anne?s daughter Zara moved to Gatcombe with her rugby player husband Mike Tindall, after selling her sprawling Cheltenham home for ?1.2m. Zara?s brother Peter Phillips, his wife Autumn and their two daughters also call Gatcombe home.

amabel

I take it all backa bout hats.  Most of the ones I've seen on these photos.. for all royal women are just awful...

LouisFerdinand

I like the red pleated velvet button percher in 2017. It was an outstanding shade of red.  :xmas21: :xmas21:

Blue Clover

I always thought Autumn was a breath of fresh air for Peter Phillips.

Curryong

Peter Phillips is, according to the Fail, spruiking milk for the Chinese market in front of a stately home whose owners didn't give the advertisers' permission for the photo to be used. He is also referred to in the ad as a member of the BRF.

As Harry flies to Canada to earn millions, Peter Phillips is advertising milk on TV | Daily Mail Online

Blue Clover

Is that British castle in the background? Buckingham Palace?  :unsure:

Curryong

It's an English Stately Home that was the ancestral home of an aristo family, and the Chinese advertising agency didn't ask the family concerned for permission to use the photo in the ad.

oak_and_cedar

They must have paid him handsomely because why would he do it otherwise?

The one slightly positive thing is him drawing attention to the British culture. Albeit in a slightly embarrassing manner.  Though granted, he's not very known.

I think also he will perhaps do more of these commercials.

Blue Clover

Quote from: Curryong on January 28, 2020, 03:50:52 AM
It's an English Stately Home that was the ancestral home of an aristo family, and the Chinese advertising agency didn't ask the family concerned for permission to use the photo in the ad.

What manor house is it? Really, they didn't ask for permission? It's sad that Peter Phillips needed the money that badly.

Curryong

Longleat House is the home of the Marquises of Bath. Longleat isn't a manor house which are usually quite small, but one of England's Stately Homes. It's Elizabethan.

Longleat - Wikipedia

Peter's another Trust Fund baby. Most of his business interests, and those of his wife Autumn, run at a loss.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on January 28, 2020, 03:50:52 AM
So I take it that Peter sat in front of a green screen and that this was digitally added at a later time.

Princess Cassandra

I do love the small but structured hats. She has a lovely smile, which I think makes her look great in any hat that doesn't hide her face.