In Pictures & Videos: British Royal Residences

Started by Windsor, May 31, 2005, 10:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heather

Quote from: PrincessKLS on May 27, 2007, 05:05:19 AM
Just out of curiosity, where do you think the royals eat in each palace during a normal night? I assume they have dining rooms for more formal visits and banquets but they must have their own "kitchen" or "dining room".

Her Majesty prefers to have her evening meal on a TV tray table while she watches TV.

Charles and Camilla prefer things a bit more formal, dining room, servants etc, go figure! , and of course Michael Fawcett always has a place set for him too, even at Birkhall.:rolleyes:

Diana and her sons loved to watch a movie or TV when they having their evening meal.  Boarding schools tend not to allow that sort of thing, so it was a nice treat for them.

PrincessKLS

PrincessKLS

Quote from: Stix Chix on February 07, 2006, 01:31:56 AM
it must take the Queen all day to do the dusting. ;)

Me thinks there's a reason why the aristocrats and other rich people of the world always had servants :nod: Other than the idea of being a dominatrix-type of person :lol:

Savanna

There is a reason for why most of the rooms in castles and estates never had any furniture....

heather

Quote from: Stix Chix on February 07, 2006, 01:31:56 AM
it must take the Queen all day to do the dusting. ;)

The Queen dons her royal robes, goes through the Throne Room and then proceeds to dust the Blue Room. 8)
     (Ronnie Barker)

Savanna

People in earlier centuries were more clever - they made the girl`s gowns so long they could clean the floors with them

heather

That was Ronnie Barker's joke , Savanna . :laugh:

Savanna

It`s 6 am, I can`t read properly anymore  :blond:

PrincessKLS

:lol: I know how that feels, I know I have been on the internet for too long at night if I can't read it anymore :lmao:

Lila the Flirt

If you have questions or want other pictures of British Royal Residences, please contact a Mod or Admin.

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

WOW