Prince William could attend FA Cup, Kensington Palace is not ruling it out

Started by wannable, December 17, 2017, 03:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

QuoteCould Prince William attend the FA Cup final? Kensington Palace insists Harry and Meghan's May 19 wedding 'will not clash' with the match
Prince William could attend FA Cup Final on the same day as Harry's wedding
The Duke of Cambridge is president of the FA and usually presents the trophy
But this year Prince Harry is due to wed Meghan Markle on Saturday May 19
A Kensington Palace official refused to rule out William attending both events

Read more: William could attend FA Cup final on Harry's wedding day | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

TLLK

If there is enough time between the wedding which will likely be in the late morning and an early reception, then it would be possible to get William to the final. I'd betting on there being a later party for the younger members of the family, Harry and Meghan's friends and guests would likely take place after the final anyhow.  (Guests who are football fans would want to catch the action. Can you imagine telling Peter Phillips and Mike Tindall that they'd have to skip the match??? :xmas1:)

Kritter

If Harry's family members are such big babies that they whine about missing one sports game instead of wanting to celebrate his big day with him & his new bride then maybe it is time for Harry to say Good bye to them.

sara8150

Harry?s wedding would be in morning and FA Cup finals in afternoon ?no clash on two events for Harry?s wedding and FA events? we have wait and see will ruled from official Kensington Palace says but Duke of Cambridge wouldn?t missed Harry?s wedding it?s important for Royal Events..

Kritter

There are activities the royals do after the actual wedding ceremony so for them it will be an all day event.

amabel

Quote from: Kritter on December 18, 2017, 12:13:23 AM
There are activities the royals do after the actual wedding ceremony so for them it will be an all day event.
all they have to do is make a brief public appearance.. and I don't think that will be possible in Windsor, as its not lke the Balcony of Buck Palace.  He can leave soon after the ceremony.........

Kritter

TLLK

Quote from: amabel on December 18, 2017, 11:38:07 AM
all they have to do is make a brief public appearance.. and I don't think that will be possible in Windsor, as its not lke the Balcony of Buck Palace.  He can leave soon after the ceremony.........
Good points @amabel. It's likely to be a late morning ceremony which might be an hour tops.  Walk outside and greet public.  They don't have to drive back to BP from WA as it's merely a walk back up to the castle. Harry and Meghan take a quick jaunt through Windsor in a landau. Photos, wedding breakfast, toasts.

FA cup final should be later in the afternoon or early evening. William goes to hand out trophy. Young and young at heart party down at WC at a later reception. :xmas6:

Curryong

If it's a procession of carriages/landaus with the other royals, the bridal party etc, which IMO it is likely to be, and they all take a long route (Park St, Long Walk etc which might be opened up to the public) it would take longer than a few minutes. And what about the formal reception afterwards? Granted, that might be over by 2pm if it's an 11am service, leaving plenty of time for bride,groom, guests to get ready for an evening party, but IMO, especially if they open up Long Walk in the Park for a lengthy ride, it's likely to be at least three hours all up before William could get away and he may decide not to do so. He can deputise the handing over of medals for one year surely?

Kritter

^ Since Harry is his only Sibling you would think William could miss it since he has missed other things for his own selfish reasons.    :mask7:

TLLK

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on December 20, 2017, 02:39:48 AM
If it's a procession of carriages/landaus with the other royals, the bridal party etc, which IMO it is likely to be, and they all take a long route (Park St, Long Walk etc which might be opened up to the public) it would take longer than a few minutes. And what about the formal reception afterwards? Granted, that might be over by 2pm if it's an 11am service, leaving plenty of time for bride,groom, guests to get ready for an evening party, but IMO, especially if they open up Long Walk in the Park for a lengthy ride, it's likely to be at least three hours all up before William could get away and he may decide not to do so. He can deputise the handing over of medals for one year surely?
well its up to him, Honestly I don't really care, if he does or not.  It just appears that they haven't ruled it out...

royalanthropologist

I would be surprised at someone not attending their only siblings wedding in order to watch a recordable football match. I mean...there is prima donna but this is something else. Maybe Princess Margaret's genes have a long reach :hehe:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

It is not to watch a football match. its to present medals etc as he is their patron.

Kritter

But we know he is not the only person capable of handing a medal to someone.   :happy17:

Curryong

Does anyone know if that lunch the Queen holds for her extended family at BP is on today? I think it was held on the 20th Dec last year.

Kritter

Niraj Tanna‏ @ikonpictures

QuoteI hear Meghan Markle is expected at the extended family Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace this week.

Mad About Meghan‏ @MadAboutMeghan   16h

QuoteReminder: We'll see Meghan arriving for the Queen's Pre-Christmas luncheon tomorrow - the beginning of a new annual tradition for her.

amabel

Quote from: Kritter on December 20, 2017, 09:08:00 AM
But we know he is not the only person capable of handing a medal to someone.   :happy17:
yes but he may get flak for "not doing his job" as he os often does usually unfairly.  ANywaya, surely it is up to him to decide what is best to do.  he's not going to miss the wedding ceremony.  He will problaby make a quick trip to Wembley and come back for any later celebrations.  Or he may not do it this year. 

Kritter

Or he could be a man & support his Brother on his big day as his Brother did for him. If he exits to go to a sports game he will be judged harshly & there will be nothing unfair about the criticism.    :mad7:

royalanthropologist

Maybe I am reading this wrong but I would be very surprised at a brother letting down his only brother in such a way. I can't quite believe that some people are making excuses for this. You are supposed to attend your siblings' weddings period.

In this case it is even more disturbing given how supportive Harry was to William when he wanted to marry. He gave him probably one of the most precious memories of their mother so that he could propose to his future wife. Harry did this knowing full well that William will one day possess all the jewels in the royal collection. He was the supporter and has been with him all through their lives including when they lost their mum.

To turn round and prioritize "royal duties" over Harry's wedding seems absurd...IMO anyway. 
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

Why ae you sayig he wont attend the wedding??  He will be there, but he may go away for a couple of hours, and return later. 

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on December 20, 2017, 09:20:48 AM
Does anyone know if that lunch the Queen holds for her extended family at BP is on today? I think it was held on the 20th Dec last year.
No idea @Curryong but I believe that it would be today or tomorrow at the latest. I believe that HM and the DoE would like to head to Sandringham on Friday 12/22/17.  :xmas8:

Double post auto-merged: December 20, 2017, 02:43:27 PM

Quote from: royalanthropologist on December 20, 2017, 12:03:51 PM
Maybe I am reading this wrong but I would be very surprised at a brother letting down his only brother in such a way. I can't quite believe that some people are making excuses for this. You are supposed to attend your siblings' weddings period.

In this case it is even more disturbing given how supportive Harry was to William when he wanted to marry. He gave him probably one of the most precious memories of their mother so that he could propose to his future wife. Harry did this knowing full well that William will one day possess all the jewels in the royal collection. He was the supporter and has been with him all through their lives including when they lost their mum.

To turn round and prioritize "royal duties" over Harry's wedding seems absurd...IMO anyway. 

I believe that you might be unfamiliar with the possible timeframe for both events @royalanthropologist. The football match had been scheduled months in advance of the engagement announcement. Obviously this was the best date that Harry and Meghan were able to choose for their wedding. There have been scheduling conflicts with royal events for years, but if they can find a way to accommodate everyone they'll do it. These are people who are used to finding a solution to these types of issues.  :thumbsup: 

Wedding is most likely to be in the late morning or noon followed by carriage ride, photos and  an early reception with the entire wedding party and invited guests.  Then  many of us believe that there will be a later club style reception to be held in the later evening,  so there will be a gap which will likely be downtime for everyone who will attend the later party. People can catch a quick nap, change into their party clothes and catch some of the football action on TV.   This is the party for the friends and family that are willing to stay up late. Little children and early birds will have already gone to sleep, because this party would likely start around 10pm and end after midnight. (Harry apparently closed down the Cambridge's late reception and took a group of people out for bacon sandwiches in the wee hours.) :xmas1:

Here is a possible timeframe for both events: Prince William may go to FA Cup final after royal wedding as Palace insists they 'will not clash'

QuoteThe royals are tipped to kick off their nuptials at noon with footie?s showpiece starting from 5.30pm.

This means that in theory Prince William could attend both.

A Kensington Palace spokesman said: "We have not gone into the timing of the the wedding but made it clear that the wedding and the FA cup final will not clash."

And The Telegraph has reported that palace aides are working with the FA to see if the future king could attend both events.

IMO William might not be present for the entire match which begins at 5:30, but come after the second half begins and be present for the trophy presentation. Then turn around and go back to be in time for the late night party.  :xmas4:

wannable

He will. The U.K. Citizens are outnumbering in actual going and viewing, approx 10 million. It's a great PR exercise. By the time it starts he already finished his duty with his little brother, including the picture taking.

Curryong

Oh, so the groom is William's 'little brother' now! Demeaning much?!! Harry happens to be 33 and a senior Royal.