Will Prince Harry wear a wedding band?

Started by Yale, December 16, 2017, 12:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yale

I thought I read that William chose not to wear one with Kate's okay of course.  Charles did not wear his while married to Diana.  I hope to see Harry wearing his OPENLY.

sara8150

No! Prince Charles and William chosen not wearing wedding bands when got married but Harry will follow his dad and brother but wives will wear wedding bands

Jenee

Apparently, it?s a ?tradition? for Royal men not to wear wedding bands.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

amabel

I have never seen them wear them... its been said that Charles wore a wedding ring on his little finger under his signet ring, but what's the point o that?  If you don't wear it on the usual finger which "shows that you're married", IMO its not really a wedding ring.  And I don't think that Will got a ring durng his marriage ceremony to K... so I don't know if Harry will break with tradtion...

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Kritter

^ I think he will too. Harry seems to be happier about his bride than the others have.    :lila:

SophieChloe

I'd be fuming if my husband refused.  I thought William was  meant to be a *modern* type of Royal.  Na. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

Quote from: Jenee on December 17, 2017, 07:45:32 PM
Apparently, it?s a ?tradition? for Royal men not to wear wedding bands.

According to this article it is simply a matter of preference. Some don't like jewelry or rings, but some do and choose to wear them. :)

Why Prince William doesn't wear a wedding ring - Business Insider

QuoteBut other male royals do wear a ring. The BBC reports that Prince Charles (William's father) wears a wedding ring to signify his second marriage. News photos show that Prince Andrew, Duke of York, wore one on his pinky before his divorce, and Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, still wears his.

In short: Wedding rings aren't reliable predictors of marital success in this family. Men who have worn them (like Prince Charles and Prince Andrew) have gone through scandalous divorces. But Prince Philip, who doesn't wear one, has been married to the Queen for 69 years.

Harry will have to decide for himself if he'd like to wear a wedding band, a signet ring or just go without one. :snowflake: