Prince Harry returns to former Royal Military Academy

Started by sara8150, December 15, 2017, 05:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Dapper Prince Harry Returns to His Former Royal Military Academy ? and He Brought His Medals!
Prince Harry Attend the Sovereign's Parade on Behalf of Queen | PEOPLE.com

Double post auto-merged: December 15, 2017, 05:31:07 PM

Attention! Prince Harry steps in for the Queen at Sandhurst to present the Sword of Honour to the top-performing cadet
Prince Harry returns to Sandhurst to present honours | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: December 15, 2017, 05:39:37 PM

Prince Harry steps in for the Queen at Sandhurst
Watch: Prince Harry steps in for the Queen at Sandhurst

Double post auto-merged: December 15, 2017, 05:43:05 PM

Prince Harry presents award to top officer cadet at Sandhurst
Prince Harry presents award to top officer cadet at Sandhurst | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

TLLK

Curryong

I'm answering this on another thread, because I don't want it entwined with TLLK and my reply.

I know about dress uniforms, combat dress, Dress uniforms for senior officers, etc.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by 'anxious recordings'. I'm a history buff, especially about the the 19th century and 19th century royals. The posters who have been here know this,  :nod: and know I give little history talks on some of those subjects at times. :P

wannable

Curryong, in the Harry military appointment thread, I have expressed what I know of UK Military and each component and/or division standardized uniforms; from formal to informal, combat ready, etc.

In reference to anxious recordings:
Quote from: Curryong on December 19, 2017, 05:58:14 PM
All officers uniforms in the British Army, Royal Air Force and Navy are standardised yes, in that they all consist of a tunic jacket and pants /kilt for the Army and shirt, tie, jacket and pants for the navy and the Air Force. That's a given. Why, do you expect Harry (and Philip) to wear a toga or a gold robe?
That does not mean however that a Warrant Officer in the Royal Navy is the same as an Admiral of the Fleet, that a Major in the Army is exactly the same as a General, or that a Pilot Officer in the RAF is the same as an Air Marshal.

You seem to be very anxious to record that Edward wears a uniform to weddings abroad. Good for him. However there isn't a chance in hell that Edward would be thought to be a Field Marshal like his father, even if they wear the same basic uniform.

:thumbsdown:  As you made a statement about me, all because I noted and shared  a historical tidbit of who has worn the Royal Marines Uniform, and in this thread suddenly veiled attack.

Threads aren't exclusive to a few posters. Everyone may share their opinions. Thank you 

Curryong

Well you've certainly shared yours. And Thank You.

And after all that, Edward is still not Captain General of the Marines (Honarary) with Field Marshal rank. And Harry is.