Kensington Palace‏Verified account
@KensingtonRoyal
2h2 hours ago

The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend The
European Premiere of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, at the Royal Albert Hall on
December 12. The premiere is hosted in aid of The Royal Foundation of
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.  :xmas4:

wannable

QuoteTheir Royal Highnesses, Princes William and Harry will appear in cameo roles as stormtroopers in the latest Star Wars franchise film, The Last Jedi, to be released on December 12.

The Royal participation was confirmed by British actor John Boyega, who portrays renegade stormtrooper Finn. In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, he revealed that he shares a scene with the royal brothers as they were  ?wrapped in stormtroopers costumes.?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ceciliarodriguez/2017/11/19/princes-william-and-harry-in-star-wars-royal-cameo-appearance-as-stormtroopers/#72eaed1351dc

Meanwhile, Kate will be attending The Rugby Portobello Trust, same date.  Confirmed officially via KP twitter.

Kritter

Good Grief!!!!! Could someone explain the word charitable to them all?   :no:

TLLK

It's not uncommon for film premiers to be held as a fundraising event.  :xmas3: :xmas4:

What Is a Royal Film Performance? | POPSUGAR Celebrity

QuoteLights, camera, curtsy! When Prince William, Kate Middleton, and Prince Harry walked the red carpet last month for the Royal Film Performance of Spectre, they were actually following in the footsteps of King George VI, Queen Elizabeth, and Princess Diana. The annual Royal Film Performance is hosted by the Cinema and Television Benevolent Fund to raise money for those in the film and TV industries affected by accident and illness.

QuoteThe premiere is being held in aid of The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.

Princess Diana at 'Gandhi' premiere - YouTube Princess of Wales at the Ghandi William and Harry to attend Star Wars Premiere 12/12/17 Premier

Kritter

^ Or to be used as an added engagement when it should not be counted. They are going because it is a fun activity IMO.

wannable

Fun events whilst the money is for their Royal foundation is good in my books. It's not often though, the more attending day time events is way much superior to evening fun events when doing a count year end.

Kritter

They can raise funds as their Dad does, phone calls & getting money from government programs. But it is another convenient excuse for them.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on December 07, 2017, 03:55:28 PM
Fun events whilst the money is for their Royal foundation is good in my books. It's not often though, the more attending day time events is way much superior to evening fun events when doing a count year end.
I agree @wannable.  The more exciting and glamourous  evening events are lucrative fundraising opportunities for charities with royal patrons. For some charities, it is their major fundraising event for an entire year.  Everyone from QEII to Princess Alexandra has attended them over the decades knowing that their presence is part of the reason that donors are in attendance.  :snowflake:

wannable

That's part and parcel of the British monarchy, they have to be seen from time to time in gala clothing, tiaras, etc. it's not a weekly or monthly thing, it's enough what they actually do on a yearly basis for this particular type of events.
If they did a film premier every month, the magic would disappear.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on December 07, 2017, 04:25:41 PM
That's part and parcel of the British monarchy, they have to be seen from time to time in gala clothing, tiaras, etc. it's not a weekly or monthly thing, it's enough what they actually do on a yearly basis for this particular type of events.
:goodpost: @wannable Not surprising to see that a film from a blockbuster franchise with the predictable December holiday release, would be chosen for this fundraising event.

However I will note that the days of royals attending a film premier in tiaras and white tie seem to have ended. Black tie or a smart business suit for the gentlemen seems to be the rule in the 21st century while the ladies are often in a gown or cocktail dress. :xmas15:

SophieChloe

^ If they want to "fund raise" there is a palace at the end of the mall that needs *doing up* ?  Mentioning for a friend,,,

Quote from: wannable on December 07, 2017, 04:25:41 PM
Really?  If they are to be "seen from time to time" what the hell are we paying for?  Cheryl (whatever her current surname is) Cole is cheaper than these lazy people. 

Got to get those numbers up before the beyond lazy pair disappear once again.  Who the hell do think they are kidding?  Wash, rinse, repeat.....
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

wannable

After the premier, followed by a party at KP.

After the screening, the Princes will host a party at nearby Kensington Palace.

Read more: William and Harry in Star Wars slap Benicio del Toro's bum | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

No confirmation if Kate and Meghan will join the party.

Curryong

It sounds fun, but I think it will be a boys night out. I believe Meghan is probably still in LA. and probably Kate will be enjoying a night in at the apartment at KP.

wannable

I'm a Star Wars super fan, love to be there with the brothers.

Kensington Palace‏
@KensingtonRoyal

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away ... #thelastjedi
0:3221.4K views
The European Premiere of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Hosted in aid of The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, the premiere will celebrate people who have worked hard to change their lives and the lives of others.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/940641277640609792

Check out the above video, Star Wars prepared a special for the Royal Foundation.  Pretty cool.

sara8150

Secret Stormtroopers Unmasked! William and Harry Join Their Star Wars Costars at London Premiere
Prince William and Prince Harry Attend Star Wars London Premiere | PEOPLE.com

Double post auto-merged: December 12, 2017, 07:43:53 PM

If the shoe fits! Duke of Cambridge flashes his velvet smoking slippers as he joins Harry at Star Wars premiere (but are his trousers a tad too short?)
William and Harry attend Star Wars premeire in London | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: December 12, 2017, 07:50:58 PM

Lure of the Dark Side! Daisy Ridley dazzles in black one-shoulder vinyl dress as she joins a dapper Mark Hamill and cameo stars Princes William and Harry at out-of-this -world Star Wars: The Last Jedi UK premiere
Daisy Ridley wows at Star Wars: The Last Jedi UK premiere  | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: December 12, 2017, 07:56:50 PM

Prince Harry and Prince William leave Meghan and Kate at home for Star Wars premiere
Prince Harry and Prince William leave Meghan and Kate at home for Star Wars premiere | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

TLLK

QuoteI'm a Star Wars super fan, love to be there with the brothers.
@wannable-We've already bought our tickets for Sunday morning!

Thank you and @sara8150 for sharing the links.  :xmas19:

Double post auto-merged: December 12, 2017, 08:28:38 PM

The brothers chat with various representatives from the charities that are part of the Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry ie: Coach Core and Full Effect.

Prince William and Harry hit the Star Wars red carpet - YouTube

wannable

Lucky you @TLLK

I will be traveling Friday 12/22, promised to watch it then. But my geek self is rummaging to purchase VIP tickets for this Thursday or Friday with friends. I'm torn.  :xmas3:

Not planning to read any spoiler alerts though, apparently after tonight, the press will be able to release full critics reports. I did read some tweets, seems to be the best of the rest.

Curryong

I'm not a Star Wars fan but the brothers both looked great in their tuxedos and amused at some of the novelties that greeted them in the photos I saw. I'm sure they had a wonderful night out and enjoyed the party afterwards.

sara8150

Princes William and Harry attend premiere of Star Wars: The Last Jedi amid rumours they appear in the film as Stormtroopers
Princes William and Harry attend premiere of Star Wars: The Last Jedi amid rumours they appear in the film as Stormtroopers

Double post auto-merged: December 13, 2017, 01:19:02 AM

Star Wars: Prince Harry and Duke of Cambridge join stormtroopers on red carpet
Star Wars: Prince Harry and Duke of Cambridge join stormtroopers on red carpet

Double post auto-merged: December 13, 2017, 01:22:14 AM

William and Harry royal Stormtroopers for the night at The Last Jedi premiere
William and Harry royal Stormtroopers for the night at The Last Jedi premiere - ITV News

Double post auto-merged: December 13, 2017, 01:32:34 AM

Will YOU be able to spot William and Harry in the new Star Wars movie? Princes inspect the troops at premiere after 'making a CAMEO as unusually tall six foot imperial troopers'
Princes William and Harry Star Wars cameo revealed | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: December 13, 2017, 06:11:15 PM

Back to ours for the after-party! Princes Harry and William throw doors of Kensington Palace open to Laura Dern and the rest of the Star Wars cast for post-premiere bash
Star Wars enjoy party at Prince Harry and William's home | Daily Mail Online

Kritter

Prince William and Harry cameo with Tom Hardy as stormtroopers | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThis is the first time Star Wars fans get to see Prince William and Harry transform into stormtroopers alongside Tom Hardy.

The two princes visited Pinewood Studios to shoot their cameo scenes in April 2016 ahead of The Last Jedi premiere in December last year.

But audiences were left disappointed when they found out it didn't make the final cut.