Kind of early, but question on kids...

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, December 02, 2017, 07:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

Im wondering given Meghans age and work schedule, if they would use a surrogate to have any kids? I know, i know, shes not ready for the glue factory or anything, but in regards to childbearing age, 36 is getting up there. Considering other celebs like KKW has used them, I wonder if she would both for health and workload reasons, or would that push royal protocol too far?
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Curryong

It was considered positively elderly years ago to have children in your late thirties, especially at a time when many women stopped childbearing at about 26! Nowadays many many women are in Meghan's position and go on to have healthy children, conceived naturally.

I'm sure theyve spoken of having children and whatever difficulties might occur. My own feeling is that if they have difficulty conceiving they will try IVF with their own sperm and eggs if viable, rather than going the more contentious surrogate route. (God knows what THAT would do for conspiracy nuts,who already believe Kate has never had children. The Internet would explode!)

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on December 02, 2017, 07:36:12 PM
Im wondering given Meghans age and work schedule, if they would use a surrogate to have any kids? I know, i know, shes not ready for the glue factory or anything, but in regards to childbearing age, 36 is getting up there. Considering other celebs like KKW has used them, I wonder if she would both for health and workload reasons, or would that push royal protocol too far?

No way for a surrogate. TBRF can modernize and change but not that much.

I am sure MM took every tests and  got checked out by her private doctors just for her own knowledge. I am sure too that she had this done way prior to PH proposal.

No, I am not saying TPTB had her do this. NO,

Kate is the same age of MM. MM is 36. Kate is 35 , but will be 36 in a January. Same age.
MM can hardly be apHs mother or Ws or Ks.
The press makes it seem MM is about 56,
Lol.
  Common sense though, marriage 2018. Baby 1 2019 at 38. Baby2 2020 at 39. Baby 2 , maybe at 40 in 2021.
IVF  to be implanted with two fertilized eggs , fraternal twins, and be done with having  accomplished their family in 2019 at 38 . Maybe.

Common s nose, no, MM and PH are going to wait a few years , 2 to 3 years. No.

Yesyes, I know, you know, we know women who are having a first baby at 41 .

Yesyes, but they are not on the world stage as she will be in BRF.

Yesyes, we all know people who have had no issues with getting pregnant at 45 or, but THERE are risk.
She as Duchess, etc cannot take those risks.

Just FYI, old men make old defective sperm and also can have risks in getting their half aged wives pregnant.

No. PH is not at that point. I did not say he was.

MM and PH are only 33 and 36: respectively.
Young.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on December 02, 2017, 08:30:46 PM
It was considered positively elderly years ago to have children in your late thirties, especially at a time when many women stopped childbearing at about 26! Nowadays many many women are in Meghan's position and go on to have healthy children, conceived naturally.

I'm sure theyve spoken of having children and whatever difficulties might occur. My own feeling is that if they have difficulty conceiving they will try IVF with their own sperm and eggs if viable, rather than going the more contentious surrogate route. (God knows what THAT would do for conspiracy nuts,who already believe Kate has never had children. The Internet would explode!)
Good post @Curryong. They still have time, but I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about a honeymoon baby this summer.

@Duch_Luver_4ever -I have to agree with Curryong's post regarding the use of a surrogate by any couple in a hereditary monarchy.  I believe that using IVF would certainly be acceptable in all but the most observant Catholic royal families, but i do believe that most couples would choose to keep that information private. Goodness knows how many conspiracy theories would be spun off with a story about artificial insemination? There are still enough people making stupid claims :wacko: about Harry being James Hewitt son when it is so obvious that he is the red haired version of Phillip and Charles!

Jenee

If they want kids , they?ll get started right away, due to Meghan?s age. No, she?s not elderly, but it?s harder to conceive the older you get and older parents have higher risks of complications and birth defects. Perhaps they?ll adopt if they decide procreating isn?t in the cards for them.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

FanDianaFancy

Adopting, no.
Never.
Every crack pot will be saying in 20 years they belong that is their child.

Surrogate, gestionsl surrogate carrying their biological child using Meg and PH spermicide, no.

A BRF child be born from another , no.

Age matters!!!
It is a fact.
No, MM is not too old.She will be the same age as Kate who is due this spring at 36. So MM could be 37. Hardly a big age difference.

Yes, Janet Jackson had a child at 50. Really. A perfectly say pregnancy and birth and child without issues at 50?  Yeah but then maybe she used her frozen 30 to 35 year eggs too. Who knows, but 50, I guestion and would not say it is the norm.
:xmas21:

Duch_Luver_4ever

Of course Meghan still has time, its just the risk of complications rise a lot after mid 30s, both of getting pregnant and birth defects, so I'd imagine they'll want to try sooner than later. Shes in good health so thats certainly in her favor.

Id imagine things like IVF would be hush hush, but a surrogate would be hard to hide or explain how a baby appeared with her not showing LOL. Adoption is interesting, as some have mentioned, Harrys far enough down the line of succession if they wanted to try it out, but id imagine the grey suits would have a fit.

As for Harry's facial features, well once he hit 30 or so his face started getting that rectangular, dare I say, Lurch-style that the Windsor men get( even as round faced as Edward was hes got it now too) but before then with all due respect to @TLLK when Harry was younger, his facial features left some room for debate, theres some pics where he and hewitt look very similar both in features and facial expressions, thankfully hes grown into his Windsor features.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Curryong

When Harry was about 19 or 20 is when he looked quite similar to Hewitt if you didn't look too closely. However, he still had Charles's light blue eyes (Hewitt's are brown) and thin bridge on the nose. He also inherited the close-set eyes Queen Mary gifted to some of her descendants. (Thanks, May!) Otherwise, when Harry was very young he resembled the Spencers. I've seen profiles of Sarah S as a girl that are practically indistinguishable from the teenage Harry.

As Harry's got older he's unfortunately inherited the Windsor balding problem, but a lot of people online have commented on the resemblance between bearded Harry and bearded young Prince Philip, and I do agree with those who've observed that Harry has Prince Philip's bone structure. William's face shape is Spencer, especially Charles S.

Kritter

Shouldn't we wait till they get married? Meghan will receive the best medical care in the world so anything is possible. They don't have the need for an heir & spare so it could end up with just the two of them.

amabel

I do not beleive it would be legal.  As far as I know in law The child would have to be born from Meghan.. to be considered part of the RF...
ANYway it is a bit ridiculous.  She's not that old.. why shouldn't she have her children naturally>?

Kritter

In 2017 with the advances in medicine there is a possibility that Meghan's egg could be considered as coming from her.

amabel

As far as I know the law at present is that the child is the child of the person who gives birth.  and it would as others have pointed out, set off all sorts of conspiracy nuts saying that any child born of a surrogate or IVF wasn't really Harry's.. or Meghans

Kritter

The government would change the rules for the BRF, they have done it many times.

amabel

Yeah they have noting else to do but arrange things for a member of the RF....

Kritter

How much of their time would it take? Governments have been doing it for royals since they came into existence.   :snowflake:

amabel

No they havent'.  The Govt is not going to waste time on a law just so that it can benefit the RF.  I'm not sure if there is a possible change of law so that children are deemed to "belong" to their biological parents.. ie those who supplied the sperm and eggs.. but if the Govt do so, they wont be doing it for the RF.
at the moment, the Govt is tied up with Brexit and that's going to occupy a lot of time for a few years.
and in any case as I and several other posters have said, if the RF did use IVF or surrogate parents, there would be endless conspiracy nuts saying that this meant that Prince James of Sussex was not a legal member of the RF.    They are not going to worry TOO Much about conspiracy nuts but all the same they are not likely to go somwerhe controversial that would really feed them...

Kritter

amabel

You do know there have been a few changes in how government works since the time of Henry VIII?

Kritter

Not much. Governments move forward & then move backwards. They give to the people & then take away from the people unless they are wealthy.

Trudie

Well Sophie and Edward Wessex were in their mid thirties when they married she was thirty seven when Louise was born and forty two when James was born although she had problems with Louise her delivery of James did not seem to be a real problem. I think perhaps 6 months after the marriage they may announce a pregnancy but than they may wait a year I don't think there is a big rush.

FanDianaFancy

Ill put  my hunch on two kids between 2019 and 2021.

Wedding. New country. Two kids .Duties. New rules.Adjusting. I sooooo sooo want this girl to make it, get this right.

TLLK

QuoteAs Harry's got older he's unfortunately inherited the Windsor balding problem, but a lot of people online have commented on the resemblance between bearded Harry and bearded young Prince Philip, and I do agree with those who've observed that Harry has Prince Philip's bone structure. William's face shape is Spencer, especially Charles S.

There are a few very old  and rather grainy photos of Phillip as a child in which you can see some similarities.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=photos+of+prince+phillip+as+a+child&client=firefox-b-1&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=q16w7OyLybY_jM%253A%252Ckd6A7YyjlyALsM%252C_&usg=__tYTODD54eDlNxRRAOMuovGuhmr4%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwikgYWdoe7XAhWhxlQKHWKYBw8Q9QEIPjAI#imgrc=q16w7OyLybY_jM:- Look at the group of photos in which Phillip is making  faces. If these were colored and the boy was dressed in 1980's kids wear, then I'd swear it was Harry.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: Trudie on December 03, 2017, 12:50:18 PM
Well Sophie and Edward Wessex were in their mid thirties when they married she was thirty seven when Louise was born and forty two when James was born although she had problems with Louise her delivery of James did not seem to be a real problem. I think perhaps 6 months after the marriage they may announce a pregnancy but than they may wait a year I don't think there is a big rush.

Thats true but doesnt one of Edwards children have hearing or some kind of health problems? (dont follow them that close).

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on December 03, 2017, 02:43:28 PM
Ill put  my hunch on two kids between 2019 and 2021.

Wedding. New country. Two kids .Duties. New rules.Adjusting. I sooooo sooo want this girl to make it, get this right.

Yes, I do hope everything goes smoothly for them both, id like to see both of Diana's boys have the happy marriage and family life she wanted.

FanDianaFancy

No. They do not have health problems. Lady Louise had a situation with her eye or eyes. Common term , lazy eye.  Google what it is really called. Eyeglasses with a string lenses on to strengthen the other eye. Day patient surgery to correct it. This is not a rare thing or anything major effecting cognitive or physical abilities.

I know you said, Dutch, that you do not follow the Edwards so much.

:xmas21:

wannable

We don't know if they had a health problem or not, but suppose they are both healthy, STILL the biological clock of a woman is a fact. A fact well studied and documented by all medical societies.  If the couple do not have a lazy eye history in the family, then the cause has a high percent related to that biological factor pregnancy after 35, premature or none completed development and other complications may arise not surprisingly.

There are higher risks, she and he only need to triple as in 35+ there efforts of doing exactly what their doctor prescribes them to do; more amount and intake of iron, et other recommendations to have a high percent of a healthy fully developed baby. (Pippa should be trying hard before reaching that mark).