Harry in Toronto

Started by TLLK, September 23, 2017, 04:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

psm

I still have a big problem with her being a minor celebrity who has courted attention way before PH. I think there will be more stuff like the VF cover in the future (in fact I thought to myself months ago, "she is a celebrity, she would so want to appear on the cover of VF with her new fame, but she can't be that blatant". I was wrong. So I have a few more theories. Will be watching to see if they come true), cause she will play it like a celebrity, not a royal. I have an issue with that since with exceptions, I don't have a high opinion of celebrities, I enjoy the gossip aspect, but I don't admire them, nor would I cross the street to meet/see one. Actually I am good at ignoring them. Also, she won't be the big attention grabber in BRF, with exceptions: engagement, wedding, babies. Kate is the future Queen and she will be the POW. If she plays it like a celebrity, I can see it backfiring big time.

Having said that, they look adorable together. She looks stylish, gorgeous. She elevates his looks. I am not sure about ripped jeans, but it is a hard thing to balance, she overdresses and people will say she is acting like a royal. I will give them them the benefit of doubt in this instance and say, they may have wanted to get this out of the way, otherwise all everyone wanted, chased and talked about would be a couple's picture. There is your money shot, out in the open.

A note: Toronto is burning right now! And she wore jeans? I have been in town these last weeks and it was beach on the weekend and lightest summer dress for the day. Even nights are hot.

Blue Clover

@psm I really don't like the celebrity aspect of this. I think celebrities are a different breed and what it takes to be a celebrity may not be what you need to endure a royal marriage, both are tough statuses but so very different. I do think they are a cute couple...for now! I wonder if this has the power to last.

sara8150

Meghan has got competition! Prince Harry is met by crowds of enthusiastic fans at the Invictus Games in Toronto - but looks rather taken aback after he is PROPOSED to by one very eager man
Prince Harry looks overcome with emotion at Invictus Games | Daily Mail Online

Curryong

That proposal was hilarious, though I think if I was that man's husband I'd be a bit upset, even if he is a professional comedian. I remember once in the Cressida years a man in a London club tried to pass Harry his telephone number. Harry said jokingly something like 'If I ever decide to give up on girls I'll ring you!' He is very conscious of people's feelings I think.

The crowd outside the reception had waited for hours to see Harry and he didn't let them down. He interacts so well with everyone, smiling, joking, chatting, like his mother he is a natural at it, whether they are Syrian refugees, a Scotsman or tourists from England.

sara8150

Harry sneaks Meghan into his five-star hideaway: Couple share room at one of Canada's leading hotels where suites complete with their own bar and dining room can cost £1,400 a night
Prince Harry sneaks Meghan into his five-star hideaway | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: September 27, 2017, 03:22:40 AM

Prince Harry cheers on competitors at the Invictus Games
Prince Harry cheers on competitors at the Invictus Games

Double post auto-merged: September 27, 2017, 03:25:13 AM

Prince Harry greets 'SCREAMING' fans in Toronto - but where is Meghan Markle?
Prince Harry greets fans in Toronto - but where is Meghan Markle? | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: September 27, 2017, 03:56:24 PM

Forget to pack more trousers, Harry? Prince steps out in his beloved navy chinos for the THIRD day in a row at the Invictus Games (despite soaring temperatures in Toronto)
Prince Harry wears chinos for third day at Invictus Games | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: September 27, 2017, 04:03:07 PM

Prince Harry moved close to tears by Australian athlete at Invictus Games
Prince Harry moved close to tears by Australian athlete at Invictus Games  

sara8150

Prince Harry Making Funny Faces at This Baby Are the Photos You Need Right Now
Prince Harry Making Funny Faces at This Baby Are the Photos You Need Right Now

Double post auto-merged: September 28, 2017, 04:10:59 PM

Feeling broody? Prince Harry pulls faces and plays with adorable two-year-old daughter of Paralympian in the crowds at the Invictus Games - after leaving girlfriend Meghan Markle at home again
Prince Harry plays with two-year-old at Invictus Games | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: September 28, 2017, 04:22:54 PM

Prince Harry catches toddler stealing his popcorn in adorable scenes at Invictus Games
Prince Harry catches toddler stealing his popcorn in adorable scenes at Invictus Games

Double post auto-merged: September 28, 2017, 04:23:47 PM

Sneaky toddler steals Prince Harry's popcorn at Invictus Games
Sneaky toddler steals Prince Harry's popcorn at Invictus Games

Double post auto-merged: September 28, 2017, 04:26:15 PM

Adorable moment cheeky toddler steals Prince Harry's popcorn during Invictus Games
Invictus Games - Prince Harry has popcorn stolen by sneaky toddler | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: September 28, 2017, 04:27:16 PM

Prince Harry has his popcorn stolen by tot in adorable scene at the Invictus Games
Price Harry's popcorn gets pinched by adorable girl at the Invictus Game | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: September 28, 2017, 04:29:29 PM

Prince Harry has fun with toddler who takes his popcorn at Invictus Games
Prince Harry has fun with toddler who takes his popcorn at Invictus Games - ITV News

TLLK

Prince Harry surprises WWII veteran at the Invictus Games | Daily Mail Online
Going a bit off topic but I find it incredible that our WWII vets are now in their 90's and beyond. Truly the greatest generation IMHO.

sara8150

The little girl who stole Harry's heart: How toddler who bowled over the prince at Invictus Games helped her war hero father through his darkest days
How toddler who stole Harry's heart helped war hero father | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: September 29, 2017, 04:51:41 PM

It's a thumbs up from me! Prince Harry shows his support for the Invictus Games athletes as he braves the rain to take in the action at the archery finals
Prince Harry watches the Invictus Games archery finals | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: September 29, 2017, 04:52:28 PM

Animated Prince Harry takes in the action with staff from his charity at the Invictus Games – and even plants a congratulatory kiss on one winner's bald head
Prince Harry chats to a brunette at the Invictus Games | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: September 29, 2017, 05:00:06 PM

Prince Harry meets veteran, 102, in heartwarming Invictus Games moment - 'he thanked me'
Prince Harry meets veteran, 102, in heartwarming Invictus Games moment | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

sara8150

Prince Harry Brings Two Special Guests to the Invictus Games — Barack Obama and Joe Biden!
Barack Obama Makes Surprise Appearance at the Invictus Games

Double post auto-merged: September 30, 2017, 01:25:16 AM

Old friends! Prince Harry gives a very warm welcome to Barack Obama as the former president jokes and laughs with his royal pal after joining him at the Invictus Games
Barack Obama joins Prince Harry at the Invictus Games | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: September 30, 2017, 01:43:42 AM

Invictus Games: Barack Obama watches Wheelchair Basketball with Prince Harry
Invictus Games: Barack Obama watches Wheelchair Basketball with Prince Harry - ITV News

Curryong

Harry has a warm friendship with the Obamas and it's great that Barak (though not Michelle, sadly) turned up to the IG to help support these wounded and maimed ex servicemen and women. Harry and they and the Bidens share a passion for helping these ex vets which is admirable in my view.

Of course you all know I'm a Harry sugar, but my heart has been warmed so much this week by his sense of commitment to the IG. His speeches and remarks have reflected this. He's been like an energiser bunny, determined each day to go to every event and meet and speak to as many athletes as possible. Standout great photographic moments for me have been numerous, notably the meeting with the 102 year old vet who was full of admiration, and the popcorn stealing toddler whom Harry teased.

I have to say 'Well done Harry'! You receive a lot of criticism, rightly so sometimes, but not at these Games.
Plus, he's very happy and beaming and that's good to see too.

sara8150

Another Day, Another Cute Baby! Prince Harry Meets an Adorable Little Fan Celebrating USA's Win at the Invictus Games
Another Day, Another Cute Baby! Prince Harry Meets a Cute Fan Celebrating USA Win at the Invictus Games

Double post auto-merged: September 30, 2017, 04:30:43 PM

Another day, another baby! Prince Harry keeps up the charm offensive as he plays with adorable infant backstage at Invictus Games after catching up with his old pal Barack Obama
Barack Obama joins Prince Harry at the Invictus Games | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: September 30, 2017, 04:51:31 PM

Prince Harry ready for Invictus Games closing ceremony - but will Meghan Markle be there
Prince Harry ready for Invictus Games closing ceremony - but will Meghan Markle be there? | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: September 30, 2017, 04:53:29 PM

Prince Harry spotted with Barack Obama at Invictus Games - but where's Meghan
Prince Harry with Barack Obama at Invictus Games - but where's Meghan Markle? | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: September 30, 2017, 09:19:59 PM

Biden his time until Meghan arrives! Prince Harry is joined by ex-Veep and his wife Jill to cheer on the USA on the last day of competition as the Invictus Games comes to an end
Prince Harry is joined by Joe and Jill Biden at Invictus | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: September 30, 2017, 09:40:35 PM

Prince Harry vows to expand Invictus Games after seeing inspired wounded victims compete
Prince Harry vows to expand Invictus Games after seeing inspired wounded victims compete

psm

Well done Harry. Tonight is the closing ceremony, I am still in town but very busy to be going. Yet I am happy that all went well. He is passionate and these games are really good for the veterans and everyone else who watches. I watched his We Day speech, I really liked how he talked and what he said. He is getting better. I wonder how much is MM's contribution: She is of mixed background and a Toronto resident (this is a very diverse city. While I am not going to claim there is no racism, people are generally woke and welcoming. Also chill. That is why all the paparazzi photos of her going to yoga were suspicious.) so the emphasis on diversity and acceptance may be coming from her. Also she may have helped him prepare with the delivery. All are welcome by this poster here. I have reservations about her celebrity stuff, the annoying life style interests and Goop-wannabeism, but I still appreciate the positive aspects she brings to the table, as well as her beauty and style.

I always have one foot in TO, so seeing it being highlighted is such a pleasure. PH is here, so are Obama and Bidens.

I saw an item somewhere about increased security at her house. It makes sense. The houses here are opening to the street. You can jump on someone's porch and peer into their living room; enter someone's backyard and from there, the house easily. Toronto is a pretty safe city, but I would be worried about the British tabloid staff. I am glad NBC is paying, but if it is cameras and stuff, I think she can pay herself. House security and alarms don't cost that much.

Curryong

I think Meghan probably is paying for cameras on her property etc while her bosses take care of her on set and going to and fro.

I've admired the competitors at the IG so much. They are brave, humorous and determined. Harry gets on well with them and he with them, that's plain. I think it all went very well and am looking forward to Sydney next year.

sandy

On some threads, and in the DM comments, Harry is criticized by some by "distracting" attention from IG by having Meghan sit next to him. It was for a short time in the scheme of things, He was able to send a message that he and Meghan are very much an item, but spend the majority of time working at IG.  I think he did well in orchestrating her appearance there.

Yale

Curryong

Kiss. Standing close together. What more could you want. This has been a wonderful week for Harry and this is a perfect ending I guess!  :crazylove:

Yale

sara8150

Meghan Markle gets a kiss from her Prince as loved-up pair get cosy in VIP box at Invictus Games closing ceremony
Meghan watches Harry at Invictus Games closing ceremony | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: October 01, 2017, 03:31:55 AM

So, Bro... how's it all going with Meghan? Obama asks the question everyone's wondering as he shares a love-in with Prince Harry
President Obama asks Prince Harry about Meghan Markle | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: October 01, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Meet the Parents: Meghan Markle Brings Her Mom Doria to Cheer Prince Harry at the Invictus Games Closing Ceremony
Meghan Markle Brings Her Mom to Invictus Games

Double post auto-merged: October 01, 2017, 03:38:34 AM

Prince Harry Cheers on Invictus Games' Final Day with Joe and Jill Biden By His Side
Prince Harry Hangs with Joe and Jill Biden at Invictus Games

Double post auto-merged: October 01, 2017, 03:42:01 AM

Meghan Markle and her mother cozy up to Prince Harry at Invictus Games closing ceremony
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry at Invictus Games closing ceremony with Meghan Markles mum | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: October 01, 2017, 03:43:17 AM

Meghan Markle watches Prince Harry at closing ceremony of Invictus Games
Meghan Markle watches Prince Harry at closing ceremony of Invictus Games - ITV News

Yale

sara8150

Prince Harry Kisses Meghan Markle, Hangs With Her Mom at Invictus Games Closing Ceremony
Prince Harry Kisses Meghan Markle, Hangs With Her Mom at Invictus Games | Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: October 01, 2017, 04:07:34 PM

My first Invictus Games: I leave inspired and in awe
My first Invictus Games: I leave inspired and in awe - ITV News

Yale

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Kiss at Invictus Games - YouTube

[gmod]Once again - please use links[/gmod]

sara8150

Looks like Harry's getting on famously with the OTHER woman he has to win over! DAVID JONES on why his display of affection towards Meghan's mother is highly significant
Harry's getting on famously with Meghan Markle's mother | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: October 02, 2017, 02:17:46 AM

Sealed with a kiss! The moment smitten Prince Harry sparked engagement rumours by smooching Meghan Markle in public after flying her mother in to Invictus Games
Prince Harry kisses Meghan on the lips at Invictus Games | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: October 02, 2017, 02:39:50 AM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at the closing day of Invictus Games
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at the closing day of Invictus Games | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

Curryong

This whole episode at the closing ceremony of the IG was so heartwarming. Meghan and her mum turning up in support with a couple of Meghan's friends, Harry coming into their luxury box to check on them, staying foe a while. The couple had a flirt, a bit of a kiss and cuddle for the cameras after months of hardly being seen. It was terrific.

Harry has done so well with this IG. He had lots of friends among the competitors and made dozens more. He was indefatigable, energetic, ever-present, chatting, cheering, clapping, encouraging. He received tons of praise this week and truly deserved it.

To have the girl he loves turning up to both the opening and closing ceremonies was the cherry on top for Harry, I think. Great that he was seen chatting and joking with Meghan's mum Doria, as well. Doria seems an attractive woman, and a well grounded and sensible figure. And Meghan looked fantastic, as usual.