Author Topic: royal eating disorders  (Read 2193 times)

Offline PrincessKLS

• Willite #077
  • Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The hot princess-to-be
royal eating disorders
« on: May 17, 2007, 10:51:50 AM »
We all know about Princess Diana's bulimia. And I did read back in 8th grade in the National Enquirer, and People Magazine about Princess Victoria of Sweden having anorexia and that was first exposure to her and I actually found her attractive. And we also know about Fergie's binge eating/weight gain. Is it common for these women to have eating disorders or is it just a few of them?

Offline serene grace

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
Re: royal eating disorders
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 01:16:18 PM »
Diana did mainly binge and purge(Bulimia) but there was a few times where she wasn't eating(Anorexia), she would just push her food around her plate. She passed out once on a tour once,(some said it was the heat) but most said it was from not eating. Diana's sister was Anorexic, when she was younger, I think it was during the period she was dating Charles, years before he dated Diana.

From Wikepedia:
After giving birth, Diana dropped 30 pounds from her 5-foot 10-inch frame, according to a People correspondent, "leaving it lean and elegant - a splendid rack for the designer rags she assembled with impressive taste. Almost overnight a pretty girl was transformed into a statuesque belle." Around that time, reports alleging that Diana suffered from anorexia nervosa first began to surface.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 01:17:55 PM by serene grace »

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Offline PrincessKLS

• Willite #077
  • Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The hot princess-to-be
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 09:23:26 AM »
Oh so apparently Charles has a habit of complaining about the weight of his SO's. So I really do hope Prince William and Prince Harry don't follow suit.

Offline serene grace

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 10:03:13 AM »
Kate did start dropping a lot of weight when she started dating William, not sure why?

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Offline PrincessKLS

• Willite #077
  • Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The hot princess-to-be
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 01:38:49 AM »
Yeah I heard and noticed. I like to think it wasn't something William said but more of she was thrust into the spotlight and thought she saw a fat/unflattering picture of herself. I'm sure she's seen those extra skinny models in the fashion show and maybe some of the girls Wills dated before or other girls around her at Jigsaw.

Offline truly_thata

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    0%
    • http://www.theinternetforum.net/
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 07:54:31 AM »
Kate did start dropping a lot of weight when she started dating William, not sure why?

KATE WASN'T A ROYAL OR ARISTOCRAT!

sorry... i didn't mean to attack other member :hug:
We Have Our Own Way to the Palace

Offline PrincessKLS

• Willite #077
  • Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The hot princess-to-be
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 10:18:14 AM »
We know Kate's common but she was in the media quite a bit due to her relationship with William. Thus the media attention could have caused her to have an eating disorder.

Offline truly_thata

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    0%
    • http://www.theinternetforum.net/
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 01:50:50 PM »
but she's not a royal :wellduh:
We Have Our Own Way to the Palace

Offline Kuei Fei

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Business Links
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 12:33:42 AM »
The biggest issue is that the media requires that each and every Royal look like a model of style, poise, and perfection. On the other hand, they are blamed if children develop eating disorders because they promote an unrealistic standard of beauty.

"leaving it lean and elegant - a splendid rack for the designer rags she assembled with impressive taste. Almost overnight a pretty girl was transformed into a statuesque belle."

No wonder she was such a mess. Diana was expected to not so much be Royal, but a celebrity figure so PEOPLE magazine would have a legitimate reason to cover her in their magazines. Disgusting really.

Offline PrincessKLS

• Willite #077
  • Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The hot princess-to-be
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 09:40:46 AM »
Yeah

Offline Kuei Fei

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Business Links
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 12:23:20 AM »
Thanks. If people would study history more, they would realize that while a lot of Royalty wasn't conventionally attractive, their personalities and self sacrificec more than made up for it. I mean, the Queen Mother wasn't stick thin and she did so darn much, even though she could have easily retired to a luxurious private life.

Offline Savanna

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 12:33:03 AM »
 :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline LouisFerdinand

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    86%
    • Favorite royal: King William IV of Great Britain
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 07:27:28 AM »
Are there Royals in other countries beside Great Britain who have eating disorders?

Online TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2017, 10:20:04 AM »
Besides Diana there was CP Victoria of Sweden who suffered from anorexia nervosa.

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden Talks About Teenage Eating Disorder

Offline amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    62%
    • Favorite royal: Anne Boleyn
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2017, 03:22:45 PM »
Its hardly surprising in today's world that some women in the public eye should, if there's a genetic predispostion, or mental health problems in a family, be likely to develop an eating disorder. There is enonromous pressure in the media for women to be unnaturally thin, I've seen actresses who were critiicsed for putting on weight when pregnant and having to get back to a "pre pregnancy weight as soon as possible.
Its quite ridiculous.  Diania's sister had an eating disorder, there is a lot of depression in her family, hardly surprising that when under strain, she became bulimic.
Victoria seems to have developd hers when she startd to become a working royal, and I think there was an unhappy love affair. probably she was criticised in the papers for not being thin enough and started to diet...

The following users thanked this post: TLLK

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites