Royalty Questions: Ask all your questions here....

Started by Wombat, December 28, 2006, 06:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

Quote from: Stix Chix on January 12, 2007, 03:49:24 AMi love those things!  they are to denote rank.  and to just generally look cool and royal. 8) the British royals do wear the sashes on official royal occasions....but if were a Princess u'd never get me out of it! :laugh:

Not necessarily – sashes in most European countries represent Orders of Chivalry and other national awards and honours. You can be royal, but if you are not awarded one of these 'honours' then you have no right to wear one of the very many sashes.

http://www.medals.org.uk/ - excellent web site on Orders of Chivalry, honours and medals.

blue eyes

is it true that Camilla wont be able to were the family jewels .. I heard it on a documentary.  That the jewels will be placed on hold for Williams wife  :shrug: is it true

agentblueberry

Chelsyite # 0022  Harryite # 0084  Dianaite #007  Stunningite # 002 Cheese-ite # 0013 Willite # 0076 Daniel-ite #002

Stix Chix

i always thought "Duchy" was another word for Dukedom.  but it has an official Website! 8) 

update on the royals marrying Catholics.....
King Charles I and his son Charles II both married Catholic princesses.  they all caught some flack for it, but Charles I and his queen caught the worst.   they were all married before the Royal Marriages Act of 1772.

Harryite #0004

agentblueberry

Chelsyite # 0022  Harryite # 0084  Dianaite #007  Stunningite # 002 Cheese-ite # 0013 Willite # 0076 Daniel-ite #002

Windsor

Quote from: blue eyes on January 14, 2007, 09:12:04 AM
is it true that Camilla wont be able to were the family jewels .. I heard it on a documentary.  That the jewels will be placed on hold for Williams wife  :shrug: is it true

That is not correct.

Windsor

Quote from: agentblueberry on January 19, 2007, 12:32:32 AM
i have a silly question, but what is the Duchy?

A Duchy is a territory ruled by a Duke/Duchess. :)

agentblueberry

jelly

Cassidy

Quote from: Windsor on January 22, 2007, 03:14:25 PM
A Duchy is a territory ruled by a Duke/Duchess. :)

Jelly, the Prince of Wales is also the Duke of Cornwall. Therefore the Duchy of Cornwall is the territory he rules.

Catherinite #0007                                :kisskiss: Flirt-ite #0002
[

Windsor

The Duchy of Cornwall is one of two Royal Duchies in the United Kingdom, the other being the Duchy of Lancaster. Click Here to read more on the Duchy of Cornwall - Click Here to visit the Official web site of the Duchy of Cornwall.

sillyjobug

Now that a woman can inherit the throne in England whether there are males born after her or not, what would the first born child be called if they were a girl. A boy would be made Prince of Wales, but Princess of Wales is not a title in its own right (although I believe it was used once). Is she called Princess Royal? Or might they go European and call her the Crown Princess? Or do we have to wait and see if William has a daughter first?
Harryite #0094   

EmpressofIndia

sillyjobug, England still has male primogeniture. For example, if Elizabeth II had a younger brother he would have become monarch instead of her. Since there was no brother, she was known as the Heiress Presumptive while her father King George VI was alive.

sillyjobug

Wow, I really thought they'd got rid of that. Okay, well, that makes my question pointles then... and makes me a little sad.

New question: Do you think that if William's first child were a girl, they would change the rule. (Many countries seem to discuss this when the firstborn is a girl: Spain, Japan, etc...)
Harryite #0094   

Windsor

Quote from: sillyjobug on March 20, 2007, 06:01:43 AMNew question: Do you think that if William's first child were a girl, they would change the rule.

Not at all.

truly_thata

:hmm: why not? is really not fair.... because sex problem
We Have Our Own Way to the Palace

Wombat

Stix Chix

if William's first child were a girl the subject of changing the rule would probably be brought up....but wether it would actually get changed is anyone's guess.

Harryite #0004

jelly

PrincessKLS

That seems quite unfair that a first born girl in England can't get it but her younger brother can.

truly_thata

but Queen Elizabeth was a woman! so first born child of England could be heirs
We Have Our Own Way to the Palace

heather

:teehee: :Jen:

Hair/Heir today, gone tomorow. :rolleyes:

Wombat

Stix Chix

Quote from: truly_thata on March 27, 2007, 02:53:38 AM
but Queen Elizabeth was a woman! so first born child of England could be heirs

but if she had had a younger...or older....brother (just like if Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Anne or Queen Victoria had had brothers) she would never had become Queen.  which is a weird thought! :mellow:  all those Queen's were pretty amazing.

Harryite #0004

PrincessKLS

Have they reconsidered the no Catholics law or do you think they ever will? Considering that they reconsidered the no divorcees or "must be a virgin" law.