Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 ... 10
Diana Princess of Wales / Re: Diana and her eating disorder
« Last post by TLLK on Today at 02:56:19 AM »
@sandy-The fatigue that  can be experienced in that first trimester is incredible. Not surprised that she dozed off.
« Last post by sandy on Today at 02:55:17 AM »
Right before the official announcement of the pregnancy, Diana fell asleep during a concert.
« Last post by TLLK on Today at 02:52:44 AM »
I said They (other than Diana) did not talk about it
Charles did mention that Diana was not feeling well not long after her pregnancy was announced. He had to explain her absence at an engagement.
IMO it wasn't the business of anyone other than the couple to discuss when out in public. :shrug:
She had to contend with the same symptoms while pregnant with Harry.
A Royal Mom Complains of Morning Sickness, but a Top Doctor Explains It's a Healthy Sign
Diana Princess of Wales / Re: Diana...Britain's Elvis???
« Last post by sandy on Today at 02:35:11 AM »
Well for one thing, both anniversaries of their deaths are commemorated. The 40th is a special one for Elvis and the 20th special for Diana. They both died young. Graceland is the spot for commemorations. Kensington Palace has been the place of commemoration for Diana.
Philip played the field even dating an American heiress and actress, Cobina Wright, Jr.  who was just about his age. Elizabeth fell for Philip in 1939, so she was 13.  They did correspond during the war.

I just found this article about Philip's girlfriends

The romances of young Prince Philip

Supposedly Kanga and Camilla made up a list of eligible women for Charles and Diana was top of the list of both. I don't know who else was on that list--but probably the next one on it would have gotten Charles' attention if he broke up with Diana.
^^^Okay your explanation makes more sense now @Duch_Luver_4ever. IMO they were both equally attractive though.

Just tattoo of us! Princes Charles and William make a rare joint appearance as they view the Edinburgh Military Tattoo together for the first time and watch hundreds of tartan-clad performers on the Scottish capitalís streets
Princes Charles and William make a rare joint appearance | Daily Mail Online
Diana Princess of Wales / Diana...Britain's Elvis???
« Last post by Duch_Luver_4ever on Today at 12:02:12 AM »
Priscilla Presley, 72, says Elvis was 'really alone' | Daily Mail Online

I wasnt a big elvis fan, liked the song well enough, but wasnt a big fan, but found this while scanning the DM and thought it interesting that he died 20 yrs before Diana, and reading the article it made me think of some of the similarities in their lives.

What are your thoughts?
DoE was at least 18, id have to check vs his b-day but might have been 19, HM was only 12-13, so he had to was 5-6 years for her to be 18. Now those of you with kids, if your 12 year old girl said she met a nice 18-19 yr old who wants to date her, what would you think????

Amanda would have to be very loyal to family vs her own desires to change her mind on Charles, he would have had to look for at least a 16 yr old to wait out post Diana. Diana was the exception as far as keeping her virtue, she knew it would be of value later, post sexual revolution of the late 60s that was an increasingly rare opinion.

It wasnt impossible that hed have found someone, but given the pressure he felt he was under, waiting was an unlikely and thought to be very unpleasant option for him. I often think if the DoE has spent more time and effort molding his eldest son into a man vs letting his creepy christopher Lee look-alike relative do it, the whole mess might have been avoided.
Scandinavian Monarchies / Re: Vincent and Josephine to begin school on August 15
« Last post by sara8150 on August 16, 2017, 11:00:57 PM »
When Prince Vincent Canít Stop Crying on His First Day of School, His Royal Mom Has the Magic Touch
Denmark's Prince Vincent Cries on the First Day of School
Pages: [1] 2 ... 10

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites