Prince William - Reception for Scholarship winners 21 May @ Kensington Palace

Started by Macrobug, May 22, 2015, 06:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macrobug

Cepe Smith on Twitter: "CC 21/5 D of Cambs, Royal Master of the Bench, the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, rec'd recipients of D&DssCamb

QuoteCC 21/5 D of Cambs, Royal Master of the Bench, the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, rec'd recipients of D&DssCamb Scholarships at KP

I wasn't aware he was the Royal Master of the Bench.  But he has met with the scholarship winners before.
http://www.middletemple.org.uk/sites/default/files/documents/members/winter-2009-issue-47.pdf
Quote6th JULY 2009
Royal Bench Call
His Royal Highness Prince William of Wales was Called as the Inn's Royal Bencher in a special ceremony in Hall on Monday,
6 July 2009. Over 500 Middle Temple members attended a Choral Evensong Service in Temple Church in the presence of Prince
William. Lord Chief Justice Judge read the first lesson and the Master of The Temple, Reverend Robin Griffith-Jones, gave the
sermon. The Service was followed by a champagne reception in the Middle Temple Library. After the Service, Prince William
briefly met with scholarship recipients in the Queen's Room and viewed a display of historical documents relating to Queen
Elizabeth The Queen Mother and Princess Diana. At the reception, Prince William met and talked with Bencher, barrister, student
and staff members of the Inn as well as choir members of Temple Church. Before dinner, Prince William was admitted as a
member of the Inn before being Called to the Bar and Called to the Bench. Master Treasurer gave a speech to which
Prince William replied. Master His Royal Highness Prince William of Wales was then asked to take his place at the High Table.

[gmod]Title amended for SEO purposes :flower:[/gmod]
GNU Terry Pratchett

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Macrobug

GNU Terry Pratchett

SophieChloe

^ Yep.  Nonsense.  Just like Queens, Kings, Prince, Princess, Duke and Duchess.  Why not go the whole hog and have Mermaids, Dragons, and Unicorns.

Another pretty title.  He obviously doesn't give a flying fig since he last showed an interest in 2009.

Macrobug

Not so....Both he and Kate have visited Middle Temple for events and they have presented/received scholarship winners before.

I took a whirlwind trip around google and here that came up with a few things.  But too busy right now to post links.  Maybe later.....

Most Excellent Master of the Sparkly Unicorn does have a certain appeal..... :teehee:
GNU Terry Pratchett

SophieChloe

^ :hehe:

Oh is that the one when Kate gave a flawless, heartfelt and moving speech?  :teehee:

Save yourself some time and don't bother for me MB - I couldn't give a cracker. 

I'm more interested in helping those "less fortunate" type of charities.  Not the patting yourself on the back variety.

Sparkly Unicorn  :hi:

TLLK

Quote from: Macrobug on May 22, 2015, 06:34:35 PM
Not so....Both he and Kate have visited Middle Temple for events and they have presented/received scholarship winners before.

I took a whirlwind trip around google and here that came up with a few things.  But too busy right now to post links.  Maybe later.....

Most Excellent Master of the Sparkly Unicorn does have a certain appeal..... :teehee:
OOOH I want to see that order in all of its sparkly glory!!!!! Then buy a BeDazzler and replicate it!

Double post auto-merged: May 22, 2015, 06:47:45 PM

Quote from: Macrobug on May 22, 2015, 06:13:49 PM
Cepe Smith on Twitter: "CC 21/5 D of Cambs, Royal Master of the Bench, the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, rec'd recipients of D&DssCamb

QuoteCC 21/5 D of Cambs, Royal Master of the Bench, the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, rec'd recipients of D&DssCamb Scholarships at KP

I wasn't aware he was the Royal Master of the Bench.  But he has met with the scholarship winners before.
http://www.middletemple.org.uk/sites/default/files/documents/members/winter-2009-issue-47.pdf
Quote6th JULY 2009
Royal Bench Call
His Royal Highness Prince William of Wales was Called as the Inn's Royal Bencher in a special ceremony in Hall on Monday,
6 July 2009. Over 500 Middle Temple members attended a Choral Evensong Service in Temple Church in the presence of Prince
William. Lord Chief Justice Judge read the first lesson and the Master of The Temple, Reverend Robin Griffith-Jones, gave the
sermon. The Service was followed by a champagne reception in the Middle Temple Library. After the Service, Prince William
briefly met with scholarship recipients in the Queen's Room and viewed a display of historical documents relating to Queen
Elizabeth The Queen Mother and Princess Diana. At the reception, Prince William met and talked with Bencher, barrister, student
and staff members of the Inn as well as choir members of Temple Church. Before dinner, Prince William was admitted as a
member of the Inn before being Called to the Bar and Called to the Bench. Master Treasurer gave a speech to which
Prince William replied. Master His Royal Highness Prince William of Wales was then asked to take his place at the High Table.
Congratulations to the scholarship winners of the Cambridges' scholarship program. Hopefully it will provided funds needed by worthy recipients. :)

SophieChloe

Yes, Congratulations to Them.  William has just been given another fancy title.  Pathetic.

Rebound

The same person (Cepe Smith) also tweeted this:

22/5 Duke of Cambridge, Patron, this afternoon attended a Lunch for the Defence and National Rehabilitation Centre at St James's Palace.

TLLK

Thank you for the update @Rebound as this would likely fall under the umbrella of the Cambridge/Harry foundation.