Duchess of Cambridge set to resume Royal duties

Started by Limabeany, September 28, 2014, 12:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

There are trivia curiosities of Kate that may turn her into a not so blah when she becomes POW. I can't wait to witness what W&K will do, as they will have their OWN budget to handle, rather than the actual situation that they are under the Queen and Charles budget handling.  I think Charles and William have some ideas that will change the actual status quo of how ER is managed.

Another trivia in her bio - @ 17 who would have known that HRH The Duke of Edinburgh was pinning her the gold DOE award to his future * granddaughter (wife of his grandson William).

amabel

Quote from: cinrit on September 30, 2014, 01:25:29 PM
Quote from: amabel on September 30, 2014, 01:08:10 PM
true but she's pretty blah.  Perhaps the RF are prepared to settle for someone bland and not very energetic, rather than someone charismatic but not very reliable. 

The Queen is pretty blah, for that matter.  Most of the Royals are.  We can have another Diana, who wasn't very discrete, or
Cindy
I undersand what you mean in that the RF is supposed to be non controversial... but
I wouldn't say that Camila is "blah" for example.  but by and large she's been discreet and sensible. She's not IMO a very hard worker and has done just a respectable amount off charity work, but she has a definite strong  personality, and passions for things like horsey stuff, just as the queen has.  its possible IMO, to have a personality and interests, without breaking the boundaries of Royal propriety. I don't really see that in Kate.  She has done 2 jobs, IMO virtually NO charity work prior to her marriage.. She got her family to do the Starlight thing, and of course they are going to talk it up but it doesn't seem to me that she did much.  (other than her dragon boat race and showing her knickers at the fashion show)....She seems to do the absolute bare minimum of work since her marriage... Sure she's discreet but that's a job requirement and I think that now, after Diana and Sarah the RF problaby ARE prepared ot put up with a lot of "not much work" form its senior members, provided they DONT get inot much trouble. 

sandy

Camilla is manipulative which is how she got where she is today. She is not going to be seen as discreet by those who recall her past and want to whitewash. She will always have a checkered past.

It has nothing to do with budgeting. Just William's stubbornness and being catered to.

Kate and Will are 32 so we have to wait to see what Will will do. It's always what he might do someday not what he does. That's why he's nicknamed Willnot by some.

Double post auto-merged: September 30, 2014, 02:06:28 PM

Quote from: DaisyMeRollin on September 30, 2014, 01:50:06 PM
Quote from: cinrit on September 30, 2014, 12:58:32 PM
I think there are people who want Kate to be another Diana.  To act like Diana did with people.  To say the things Diana said.  Doubtful that that will ever happen, and it shouldn't.  Everyone is an individual and should be taken as such.

Cindy

While I don't think people are expecting another Diana, Diana did set the bar. What is seen as a hurdle for some, Kate makes it look like it's a pole vault, which for someone of her position and the perks that she receives because of it, may as well be merely skipping over a puddle. She is more coddled and protected because of the worst of Diana's experiences.

After reading the article that Lady Adams shared, I'm more inclined to lean into the speculations of others that maybe she is "held back" and kept from utilizing her natural talents and education? Then again, she might be spineless or simply securing her cushy circumstances for not rocking the boat a little. Personally, I've never thought of her as "stupid","calculating", or the myriad of impulsive criticisms that people hurl at her. I do think she lacks a little grit and gusto, because if she felt legitimately passionate about something, the only person truly holding herself back is her. 

So again, is it the public, is it her, is it the RF, or is it the Gordian Knot combination of all three?

She is coddled and protected because Will is putting his foot down and wants to play normal. Diana should not be blamed for their idleness. 

cinrit

Jeez ... no one "blamed" Diana.  And just for the record, it should be noted that when listing some "blah" Royals, I did not include Camilla. :lol:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

DaisyMeRollin

Sandy, if you would have read, I'm not blaming Diana for Kate's idleness. Please reread it, and this time put your Diana memorial sword back in your sheath.   :no:  Good God! It's like pulling teeth here sometimes.

I assume you know MLA style. Find the thesis statement in regards to Diana. There's even another singular question posed.

"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

amabel

Quote from: cinrit on September 30, 2014, 02:11:28 PM
Jeez ... no one "blamed" Diana.  And just for the record, it should be noted that when listing some "blah" Royals, I did not include Camilla. :lol:

Cindy
well shes' got her faults - Cam but she's got  personality.  So has Sarah F...

TLLK

Quote from: KaTerina Montague on September 30, 2014, 10:37:28 AM
So returning to Royal duties essentially means she will continue to not do them. She must be the laziest royal out right now.
Well if you were to look at the actual numbers for various royals around the world you might rethink your position.  :wink:

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on September 30, 2014, 01:17:08 PM
Kate then private citizen, single, working for the family business, got party pieces involved with starlight foundation, being herself very active with them. Source: interview with The founder of SF.

Also as senior prefect whilst in Marlborough college, she was required to be charity leader, forced or not as prefect, but it is a requirement, so yes it's something rather than nothing.

Remember the Morrison photography curation, organization exhibition for charity she did this too, plus the infamous attempt with the skating charity, at least she tried.

It's part of her biography- it is matter of fact considered history as she will be the future Queen consort. First prefect princess, first university grad...etc.
Thank you for sharing this information as I was unaware of her secondary school charity work.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on September 30, 2014, 01:53:54 PM
There are trivia curiosities of Kate that may turn her into a not so blah when she becomes POW. I can't wait to witness what W&K will do, as they will have their OWN budget to handle, rather than the actual situation that they are under the Queen and Charles budget handling.  I think Charles and William have some ideas that will change the actual status quo of how ER is managed.

Another trivia in her bio - @ 17 who would have known that HRH The Duke of Edinburgh was pinning her the gold DOE award to his future * granddaughter (wife of his grandson William).
Good points. Today's newest monarchs were often considered "blah" and "uninspiring" prior to marrying and ascending the throne. Once they were able to work outside the confines of an earlier reign's budget, courtiers and expectations.

Had not known about the DoE award being given to a teenage Kate. Thank you.

Limabeany

She is not just blah and uninspiring, she is also aimless and lacking in passion or motivation for anything beyond her royal lifestyle and immediate family.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

KaTerina Montague

Quote from: cinrit on September 30, 2014, 12:58:32 PM
I think there are people who want Kate to be another Diana.  To act like Diana did with people.  To say the things Diana said.  Doubtful that that will ever happen, and it shouldn't.  Everyone is an individual and should be taken as such.

Cindy

This people does not I just want to see if she can do anything besides following William around followed by a good helping of doing nothing.

Double post auto-merged: September 30, 2014, 11:02:39 PM

Quote from: Limabeany on September 30, 2014, 02:32:57 PM
She is not just blah and uninspiring, she is also aimless and lacking in passion or motivation for anything beyond her royal lifestyle and immediate family.

She's like the worse version of a stepford  wife. I hope nobody goes the anti royals marrying commoners route because of Kate.

sandy

Quote from: TLLK on September 30, 2014, 02:27:04 PM
Quote from: wannable on September 30, 2014, 01:53:54 PM

Good points. Today's newest monarchs were often considered "blah" and "uninspiring" prior to marrying and ascending the throne. Once they were able to work outside the confines of an earlier reign's budget, courtiers and expectations.

Had not known about the DoE award being given to a teenage Kate. Thank you.

Of course it was given to kate because she is such a hard worker. Not.

Double post auto-merged: October 01, 2014, 12:45:13 AM

Quote from: DaisyMeRollin on September 30, 2014, 02:13:46 PM
Sandy, if you would have read, I'm not blaming Diana for Kate's idleness. Please reread it, and this time put your Diana memorial sword back in your sheath.   :no:  Good God! It's like pulling teeth here sometimes.

I assume you know MLA style. Find the thesis statement in regards to Diana. There's even another singular question posed.

No need to be snarky.

I have my opinion you have yours. Enough with getting personal.

The Diana card is played by Kate's cheerleaders all the time. That she cannot work because of what happened to Diana and the royals have learned, the same old malarky.

DaisyMeRollin

^^^No snark there. Right to the point.^^^
"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

sandy

that's what you think.  What's with the memorial sword comment?  Snark with a capital S.

I wonder if Kate will ever reach the plateau where excuses don't need to be made for her.

DaisyMeRollin

Some things should be approached with some level of humor, especially here.  :ahhh:

IDK. Maybe the track and field analogy threw you off?

sandy

Humor at another poster's expense is not humor.

Back on topic. I wonder when Kate's next vacation will be.

DaisyMeRollin

Who knows? That villainous, hair-flipping flibbertigibbert probably takes as many vacations as people make that joke.

*sassyfingers* *head bobs*

Am I cool now?

Yes, I'm making fun of myself now.

Curryong

Quote from: DaisyMeRollin on October 01, 2014, 01:53:40 AM
Who knows? That villainous, hair-flipping flibbertigibbert probably takes as many vacations as people make that joke.

*sassyfingers* *head bobs*

Am I cool now?

Yes, I'm making fun of myself now.

Thanks for that,Daisy!

tiaras

I am willing to bet in the next 5 yrs kate will be just as idle as she is now  :orchid: (i understand she is ill , not talking about this period of time  )
expect 1 engagement a month  <_< 
George will be 6 ,second baby will be 4 , kate will use them as the excuse for why she cant leave home , then they will turn 13 go off to boarding school and she will still be barely working , then they will marry probably have kids and kate will get away with being older and needing to take rest from her lifetime vacation  :(
slowly over time her sympathisers will tire of this ,it's already happening,more people are done with her laziness .she takes and takes shamelessly and gives nothing back .

Macrobug

From Royal Central

Kate was to open the new Art Room at Barlby Primary School in London. She passed on a message of support for not being able to attend today.

So obviously not ready to start royal duties
GNU Terry Pratchett

Limabeany

She will never be ready to begin royal duties, she will continue to dabble in them her entire life.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

From Twitter:

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror  4m4 minutes ago
Kate's message at the launch of The Clore Art Room, Barlby Primary School, is being read out at their launch now

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror  4m4 minutes ago
Kate: "My sincere apologies for not being able to join you but I hope that I will have an opportunity to visit the Clore Art Room soon.

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror  5m5 minutes ago
Kate's message: "As Patron of The Art Room I feel great pride to see the work that the charity is doing...

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror  6m6 minutes ago
Kate's message to Art Room: "I am truly sorry that I cannot be with you all today as you celebrate this milestone...

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror  6m6 minutes ago
Kate continues to suffer from severe morning sickness and decision to undertake engagements is being reviewed on a case by case basis.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

That is her message? How did that woman get through University?

HistoryGirl

Are they going to post her entire message or just the highlight there?