Royal Family don't give me and Zara Phillips any cash says Mike Tindall

Started by snokitty, January 26, 2015, 09:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snokitty

Royal Family don't give me and Zara Phillips any cash says Mike Tindall - Mirror Online
Mike Tindall says the Royal Family don't help out financially, despite his marriage to the Queen's granddaughter, Zara Phillips.

The former England rugby star , who was caught on CCTV kissing a woman in a New Zealand bar during the 2011 World Cup, said: "They don't give us any money.

"We look after ourselves."

Tindall also said he does not ask the monarchy's permission before taking public roles, but does think of possible consequences.

In an interview with the Radio Times to mark his appearance on Channel 4 show The Jump, he said: "That would always come up, yes, of course.

"But ultimately it's what we want to do first."

When asked about the US court case engulfing the Duke of York, Tindall replied: "Let's not go there."
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

Lady Adams

Okay, look. I like Zara and Mike, but on the most basic level, they get royal compensation. Not in cash, but they live on Princess Anne's estate, which was a gift from Queen Elizabeth, and the Crown paid for its renovation & restoration.

In the US, if your housing costs are paid by, for example, your employer it is treated as income. Hence, Mike and Zara (like the Wessexes or Cambridges) *do* get compensation via the BRF.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

TLLK

Gatcombe Park has beautiful countryside around it. Mia would be fortunate to have that environment around her during her childhood.

cinrit

QuoteMike Tindall: Zara and I Don't Care What the Royals Think About Our Magazine Deals

When Zara and Mike Tindall sold the first photographs of their newborn daughter to a glossy magazine for a six-figure sum they invoked significant controversy.

Many questioned whether it was appropriate for a senior member of the Royal Family to be selling such personal information, and the decision certainly risked irritating the Queen.

But Tindall, 36, has revealed that the couple care little about what the Royal Family thinks of their sponsorship deals and television commitments.

Although their opinion is always taken into account when they make business decisions, the former England rugby captain said that essentially, they do what they want, regardless.

"They're separate from us; we run our own life," he told Radio Times.

More: Mike Tindall: Zara and I don't care what the royals think about our magazine deals - Telegraph

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

HistoryGirl

Quote from: Lady Adams on January 26, 2015, 09:39:55 PM
Okay, look. I like Zara and Mike, but on the most basic level, they get royal compensation. Not in cash, but they live on Princess Anne's estate, which was a gift from Queen Elizabeth, and the Crown paid for its renovation & restoration.

In the US, if your housing costs are paid by, for example, your employer it is treated as income. Hence, Mike and Zara (like the Wessexes or Cambridges) *do* get compensation via the BRF.

Very true.