Prince Charles Leads Tributes to Late Dowager Duchess of Devonshire

Started by cinrit, September 25, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuotePrince Charles has led tributes to the Dowager Duchess of Devonshire, who died today aged 94.  The last of the famous Mitford sisters, who rubbed shoulders with Winston Churchill and John F Kennedy, "passed away peacefully" this morning.

The Prince of Wales spoke fondly of the Dowager Duchess and said in a statement: "My wife and I were deeply saddened to learn of the death of The Dowager Duchess of Devonshire, whom both of us adored and admired greatly.

"She was a unique personality with a wonderfully originally approach to life, and a memorable turn of phrase to match that originality. 

"The joy, pleasure and amusement she gave to so many, particularly through her books, as well as the contribution she made to Derbyshire throughout her time at Chatsworth, will not easily be forgotten and we shall miss her so very much."

More: Dowager Duchess of Devonshire Deborah Mitford dies aged 94 | UK | News | Daily Express

Cindy

Double post auto-merged: September 26, 2014, 10:23:13 AM

QuoteA Statement from The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall Following the Death of The Dowager Duchess of Devonshire

A statement from The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall following the death of The Dowager Duchess of Devonshire:

"My wife and I were deeply saddened to learn of the death of The Dowager Duchess of Devonshire, whom both of us adored and admired greatly.  She was a unique personality with a wonderfully original approach to life, and a memorable turn of phrase to match that originality.  The joy, pleasure and amusement she gave to so many, particularly through her books, as well as the contribution she made to Derbyshire throughout her time at Chatsworth, will not easily be forgotten and we shall miss her so very much."

Our view

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

sara8150

Prince Charles expected at the funeral of the Dowager Duchess of Devonshire
Prince Charles expected at the funeral of the Dowager Duchess of Devonshire - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: October 02, 2014, 12:50:29 PM

Friends, family, Royals and 600 domestic staff mourn together at Chatsworth House funeral for 'Debo', the Dowager Duchess of Devonshire and last of the Mitford sisters
Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall at Dowager Duchess of Devonshire funeral | Daily Mail Online