Sentebale

Started by Hale, October 16, 2010, 12:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthernBelle2003

It nice to see harry do what he does best,he reminds me of his mother with all the charity work.I think he truly puts his all in to his charities.I saw that peter and autumn where their, it looked like jecca Craig was standing behind them in the picture.

TLLK

Court Circular
7th December, 2016
Prince Henry of Wales, Patron, Sentebale, this morning attended the Charity Day at Icap plc, 2 Broadgate, London EC2.

His Royal Highness later received Mr. Peter Fearnhead (Chief Executive Officer, African Parks) at Kensington Palace.

michelle0187

That reminds of the young boy who was just an infant in Lesotho,  when harry was 19. According to  him,  wrote 8 letters throughout the years and has never heard back from harry.

TLLK

Curryong

What a wonderful result, and well done indeed to the organisers and workers of this charity. Harry must be over the moon with those figures. He enjoys those polo matches which bring in some quite large donations as well.

TLLK

Kensington Palace‏ @KensingtonRoyal 19h19 hours ago
Prince Harry will visit the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine on Monday 10th July.

Kensington Palace‏ @KensingtonRoyal 19h19 hours ago
HRH will hear more about the School's global efforts to tackle HIV and will attend an HIV-focussed roundtable discussion led by @Sentebale.

Curryong

I'm glad to see that Harry is back and going to keep himself busy, especially with his commitment to the fight against HIV. He sees the tragic results of this infection every time he stays at Lesotho. So many orphans, and AIDS still ravages so many parts of Africa.

TLLK

Court Circular 6th November:
Prince Henry of Wales, Patron, Sentebale, this evening held a Dinner at Kensington Palace.

TLLK

Curryong

Don't know why this is in a Sentebale thread  :lol: but yes, Harry attended a rugby match of which he is patron, to some criticism, on a day which actually commemorates the almost one million British and Empire war dead of 1914-18

. However he didn't get as much criticism as William who hasn't done anything for the Remembrance commemorations yet and didn't attend the concert either (Harry did at least turn up to a poppy ceremony outside Westminster Abbey yesterday.)

Nor as much as Kate, whom the Express complained looked glum at the British Legion concert. And Harry did meet with volunteers from the Commonwealth War Graves Commission who help care for the war graves and keep records accurate. An absolutely vital job.

TLLK

Ahh!!! I meant to post it in the engagement thread. 😞
Sorry @Curryong .

wannable

Yesterday, no news if Prince Harry went.

QuoteJoin Sentebale for the 2017 Christmas Carol Concert!

Join Sentebale for a Christmas Carol Concert at 7pm on Monday 11th December, in the stunning surroundings of St Mary Abbots Church on Kensington Church Street

Join us for an evening of festive fun to celebrate and raise awareness of Sentebale?s work with children affected by HIV in southern Africa.

The programme will include an array of ever popular Christmas carols, together with performances from soprano Laura Wright, one of the biggest selling classical artists of this decade, and the St Mary Abbots Primary School choir.

Olivia Grant, star of hit Channel 4 drama series Indian Summers, will be one of our readers at this special event.

Immediately after the concert, guests are invited to join Sentebale for seasonal refreshments.

We hope you can join us for a magical and memorable evening to mark the festive season.

All proceeds from the 2017 Sentebale Christmas Carol Concert will support our programmes of education and care for children and young people affected by HIV in southern Africa.

Sentebale?s Saturday clubs now reach over 3,700 children and young people living with HIV with the tools and knowledge they need to manage the virus and live a full, happy, healthy life. At the same time, our residential camps enable those young people who continue to struggle with their HIV-positive status to receive intensive support in a safe, secure environment, whilst making friends with peers facing similar challenges.

Fundraising initiatives like the Carol Concert enable Sentebale to continue the delivery of this vital work, and give even more children affected by HIV the bright future they deserve.

The Sentebale 2017 Carol Concert is generously supported by Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Camp Kerala and Moyses Stevens.

wannable

Their latest news

Sentebale
‏Verified account
@Sentebale

Sentebale Chairman Johnny Hornby will be live on the @BBCWorld channel at 14:00 GMT today. He will discuss Sentebale co-founder The Duke of Sussex' commitment to the charity's work with children and young people to change the tide of the #HIV/AIDS in Southern Africa. Tune in!

sandy

I don't think they are dropping Harry.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on January 14, 2020, 06:59:11 PM
I don't think they are dropping Harry.
Is Harry dropping them?  How will he fit in all this with his money making?

sandy

This was Harry's pet project since he was a teenager. I doubt he's giving this up.

TLLK

Twitter

Quote@Sentebale chairman Johnny Hornby says despite the situation being "difficult", he has Prince Harry's "wholehearted commitment" to the charity going forward.

Hornby also credited Meghan for supporting the charity too.

amabel

I dotn think Harry realises how much work he and Meg wil have to do, to achieve financial independence.  (Unless they are just going to live off Charle for the rest of their lives).  to get the money for private security, donating to charity etc flying around is going to be a hard job..and they may  have to cut back on the sort of engagements that were part of tehir lives as royals.

sandy

I think they thought it out and have advisers.

They will still be doing royal duties.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on January 15, 2020, 02:12:11 PM
I think they thought it out and have advisers.

They will still be doing royal duties.
I think it is quite obvious they don't have advisers and they hadn't thought it out, hence the big talks at Sandringham.  And it may not be that easy to fit in royal duties with making money...

sandy

They do not have to release who they are working with. I don't have any doubts they have advisers.  . If they are going to earn their own money or some of it without the royals they would have to go outside BP to talk to business and financial advisers.

wannable

All the Sentebale donors are British nationals, the biggest donor is Elton John.  IF the rest of the Brit donors feel dubious after the we quit shenanigans, untrustworthy royals who will not be Working Royals, Harry must seek donors from other countries.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on January 15, 2020, 02:23:51 PM
They do not have to release who they are working with. I don't have any doubts they have advisers.  . If they are going to earn their own money or some of it without the royals they would have to go outside BP to talk to business and financial advisers.
Sandy if they have advisers, why did they make such a mess of their decision, not telling the queen and forcing a set of talks that entailed Charles and William having to dash off to Sandrignham.  If they have advisers they aren't very good.

wannable

No, it's not the advisers, it's the couple.  The couple blank anyone who doesn't agree with any of their ideas, and seek new Yes Sir people.