Edward/Sophie/Diana question?

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, August 28, 2016, 03:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

I lead from the heart not the head

So not a big follower of the Wessex's but was curious when I came across this and wondered if there was ever any questions about Edward choosing a wife that had a passing resemblance to Diana. Was it the Rf wanting their own version of a Diana, or did maybe Edward maybe fancy his big brothers wife? Im familiar with the rumors of their marriage so I can see the first option meshing with that, but I wonder if given Charles and Edwards rivalry over the television coverage of William, the royal knockout thing, and who knows what else, if the rumors are not true, I wonder if like a lot of males was Diana his "type"?
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

Truly @Duch_Luver_4ever-Speaking as a woman who is close in age to Diana and Sophie, I believe that Sophie's "resemblance" to Diana was more due to the popular hairstyles, clothing and make-up of the early 1990's. (Yes Diana's look inspired women to cut and color their hair.) Diana and Sophie had been light blond as children but their hair was a darker blond by their early twenties. Many women including Diana and Sophie highlight their hair to recapture that blond color of their youth. As for make up I think that both were choosing colors to flatter their fair complexions, though Sophie definitely had more freckles than Diana ever did.

Edward's previous girlfriend had been a brunette so I don't think he was actively looking for someone that was similar to his sister-in-law.