Prince Harry Attends 100 Women In Hedge Funds Gala

Started by HsHCharlene, October 15, 2014, 10:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaisyMeRollin

Is it absolutism by definition, or can some not comprehend the expansiveness of the weight of words, and uses words that carry weight as a generalization?

Some generalize the working poor. Some generalize political affiliation. Some generalize a "servant's" place. Some generalize the superficiality in people's appearances because they're not of the same political mindset. Some generalize (a) certain subject(s) previous indulgence of drink or use of a misdemeanor class drug in their youth (substantiated or not, in some topics that have appeared here).

Interesting that societal divisions, which are based on subjective morality are very prevalent here, and judged upon harshly to suit the echo-chamber of a few.
"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

SophieChloe

None of them are "genius".  Take away the money, staff, titles and perks and I doubt any of them could organise a piddle up in a brewery
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

wannable

:hehe: love it! ^

The thing is genius is not perfection embodied, the counter people mentioned for doing a or one great contribution to society considered as genius, their personal bios, you will find handicaps in other aspects of their lives, including the smart factor, hence the scope of what each defines the word, for me it's not narrow. 

I will leave the smart factor for any to discover the mind bending, blowing who it was, and contributed to society referred as a genius.

Curryong

Quote from: SophieChloe on October 19, 2014, 07:48:56 PM
None of them are "genius".  Take away the money, staff, titles and perks and I doubt any of them could organise a piddle up in a brewery

Oh I don't know! I can imagine Harry being willing and able!

Limabeany

Quote from: wannable on October 19, 2014, 04:25:20 PM
It depends on how you see it, a motorcycle expedition, which was a loss, almost placed his charity into closure, I think his desire to have this fun was selfish, there must have been someone from his yes men that advised against it? That's caring less from his part IMO
I've never heard a motorcycle expedition almost sent his charity int closure and can find no information about that. Where did you get that from?

Double post auto-merged: October 19, 2014, 08:40:46 PM

:hehe:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

DaisyMeRollin

Quote from: wannable on October 19, 2014, 08:19:09 PM
:hehe: love it! ^

The thing is genius is not perfection embodied, the counter people mentioned for doing a or one great contribution to society considered as genius, their personal bios, you will find handicaps in other aspects of their lives, including the smart factor, hence the scope of what each defines the word, for me it's not narrow. 

I will leave the smart factor for any to discover the mind bending, blowing who it was, and contributed to society referred as a genius.

See, here's where arguments like this fall flat. Insinuating that other people's connotation of genius means "perfection" and denial of other handicaps within their personal lives. Strawman? The only person who has made the correlation of "perfection" to genius is you in terms of abstract definitions, no one else.

Quote from: Curryong on October 19, 2014, 08:26:29 PM

Oh I don't know! I can imagine Harry being willing and able!

^I can see that.  :lol:
"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

HsHCharlene

Quote from: wannable on October 19, 2014, 02:56:42 PM
^^But as you see he masterminded a blueprint copy without being a self made billionaire, which would superficially look void to compare, made it to his own liking and it works wonderfully, successfully. Some have said he is.

^ review end of the year financial reports Sentebale, enduro and walking with the wounded. Huge expense, little returns. Superficially good job, what a challenge, matter of fact it's a fun event for those who like to do "expeditions". This type of ventures are very risky.so when you see they spent half a million, made 600 thousand, end of the year they donated those 100 thousand earned, to have a precarious balance....

What I got from what you're saying is Harry invented Enduro and invited poor Will and his friends to come along in order to raise funds but it didn't work. Well I looked it up and Enduro is an annual event carried out in SA where riders register and pay a 5,000 pound fee, all to go to charity. Harry didn't invent it he joined it and wanted his friends to come along. That has nothing to do with his business sense if it's not his event. BTW can you post the links to the facts which you are citing so that we can all judge for ourselves. Sentebale has done tremendous things in Lesotho and helped many a child I'm not sure the intention was to turn a profit since it is a non-profit organization. Walking with the Wounded is a charity he works with, all I'm saying is cite your facts if you're throwing out numbers. All you've said is that he is wasteful and isn't effective but shown no proof. If that's your opinion then so be it but at least proffer proof if making such claims and stating them as fact.

wannable

Quote from: Limabeany on October 19, 2014, 08:38:25 PM
It depends on how you see it, a motorcycle expedition, which was a loss, almost placed his charity into closure, I think his desire to have this fun was selfish, there must have been someone from his yes men that advised against it? That's caring less from his part IMO
I've never heard a motorcycle expedition almost sent his charity int closure and can find no information about that. Where did you get that from?

Double post auto-merged: October 19, 2014, 08:40:46 PM

:hehe:

Look it up, Enduro had a three year commitment with Sentebale, they didn't and will not pay because they filled bankruptcy.

Double post auto-merged: October 20, 2014, 09:59:32 AM

@HsHCharlene I said Harry invited, if my post said invented, appologies the autocorrect keyboard. Since Sentebale is Harry's, he invited William.

Enduro social responsibility has long gone bust, into administration, indebted.

If you wish to read any charity financial numbers, please enter the charity commission UK, enter search, enter charity name, you will find pdf files with the annual reports until 2013. Also IMO the Everest walk was cancelled by lack of funds rather than bad weather, by what I read in that particular note in walking with the wounded annual review.

On another note, E&P after 60 years doubtfully will make a trust or a foundation grouping all the 600 and 700 charities.

Limabeany

Enduro had a commitment with other charities as well, and it has not caused problems for Sentebale because Sentebale has never been wholly or even majorly dependent on Enduro , Enduro is simply one of many donors and not even a major one. Where do your numbers come from? There is no evidence Harry's involvement with Enduro sent Sentebale almost into bankruptcy as there is no evidence Enduro is such a major donor to have had the impact you claim, of which I can find no evidence.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

wannable

There is a Express article, harry almost lost Sentebale due to this charity expedition.

Limabeany

This article does not say that because Prince Harry participated in an Enduro race, as you claim, Sentebale almost went bankrupt, it simply says Enduro went bust and could not make its commitments to the charities among which was Sentebale. And, there is no aticle I can find to support your claim.

Prince Harry charity loses thousands of pounds as expedition firm goes bust | Royal | News | Daily Express

The company, which has raised £3.4 million for good causes since 2002, declined to say exactly how much it owed to Sentebale and other charities but the figure is thought to run into the tens of thousands.

wannable

Combine and review the annual reports...

Although with all due respect, the culture of multiple time linking annual reports here hasn't changed views, even if financial results speaks for itself, the indepth.

Limabeany

There is nothing on the internet to support these claims. Obviously, you haven't been able to find anything to substantiate this either.

Quote from: wannable on October 20, 2014, 10:50:29 AM
There is a Express article, harry almost lost Sentebale due to this charity expedition.

HsHCharlene

No offense Wannable but I don't think you even took the time out to read the annual reviews yourself. You can have your own opinion but I don't see anything to back up your claims.  :flower:

wannable

I do take, as I have matter of factly consistently and insisting in reviewing annual reports not only now, but with the DOC, DOL and SG. And since long time have said that financial numbers speaks louder, for itself.

There is negative numbers in brackets if you care to check.

DaisyMeRollin

Has previously reviewed in-depth financial reports, can't be bothered to link the source or sources. Sounds fishy.

Last time I checked, the responsibility of the burden of proof rests on the shoulders of a person making the claim.