Countess of Wessex to join The Gloucesters at reinterment of King Richard III

Started by marine2109, March 02, 2015, 01:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy

All those who belong to the Richy 3 Society enjoy these latest events in his life and death. Time to re-read Josephine Tey's " Daughter of Time" again.
DIANISTA # 1

TLLK

^^^Enjoyed that book as well. Richard III's funeral will be one of the royal highlights of 2015 IMO.

cinrit

^^ It was given to me for my birthday in the mid-70's.  Josephine Tey certainly made me havesecond thoughts about Richard III.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Curryong

Quote from: cinrit on March 03, 2015, 12:32:49 AM
^^ It was given to me for my birthday in the mid-70's.  Josephine Tey certainly made me havesecond thoughts about Richard III.

Cindy

I've read Josephine Tey, but I prefer Alison Weir's 'The Princes in the Tower', a factual and excellent account of Richard and the short lives of his nephews.

snokitty

Richard wanted power at all costs and finding his bones in this century does not make him a good guy.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

cinrit

All the principals are long gone to their final rewards, and we'll probably never know the truth about Richard III and the princes.  At this point, it's all individuals' opinions, not necessarily defense or condemnation.

Cindy

snokitty

Yet when I state my opinion you come back with that response.   :shrug:   I really don't need someone to tell me that my opinion is my opinion.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

cinrit

Snokitty, I said nothing about your opinion.  I said that people are stating opinions because in your post, you seemed to believe that there are those who are "defending" Richard.  That is not necessarily so.

Cindy

snokitty

Sophie, Countess of Wessex attends the reinterment service for King Richard lll | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION
Sophie, Countess of Wessex, attended the reinterment ceremony for King Richard III at Leicester Cathedral on March 26, 2015 in Leicester, England. (The skeleton of King Richard III was discovered in 2012 benaeth a car park, in the foundations of Greyfriars Church in Leicester, 500 years after he was killed in the Battle of Bosworth Field)

TLLK

Quote from: cinrit on March 03, 2015, 01:05:35 PM
All the principals are long gone to their final rewards, and we'll probably never know the truth about Richard III and the princes.  At this point, it's all individuals' opinions, not necessarily defense or condemnation.

Cindy
I agree there are more than a few suspects when it comes to their disappearance.

Jennifer

QuoteSophie of Wessex attends reburial of King Richard III

Sophie, Countess of Wessex, was there today at the reburial service for King Richard III held at Leicester Cathedral.

Together with the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and famous faces such as actor Benedict Cumberbatch, who is a distant relative of the late King, Sophie of Wessex paid her respects to King Richard III whose remains were discovered in 2012 under a car park in Leicester city centre. At today's service were also King Richard III's living descendants.

The lavish re-interment ceremony in Leicester was witnessed by thousands from around the world who lined the city streets to witness a march of honour ahead of the service.

Read more:
Sophie of Wessex attends reburial of King Richard III | Royalista
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston