Duchess of Cambridge' tour wardrobe / fashion / style ,.etc

Started by Princessinwaiting, April 06, 2014, 02:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

The Kate effect: What being worn by the Duchess of Cambridge means for brands

QuoteSHE'S a one-woman phenomenon.

As the Duchess of Cambridge breezes through her royal engagements, smiling and waving she leaves a frenzy in her wake.

Online, websites are crashing, fans are tweeting and all over the world cash registers are ringing as shops rack up sales of her latest outfits.

It's been dubbed 'the Kate effect' and is estimated to be worth nearly $2 billion to the UK fashion industry alone, as the Duchess gives an immediate publicity injection to any brand she deigns to wear
More: The Kate effect: What being worn by the Duchess of Cambridge means for brands | News.com.au

Limabeany

Quote from: Lothwen on April 17, 2014, 04:45:03 AM
I like the wrap dress, but Kate's attempts to keep it from blowing apart in the wind have caused her to have some really awkward hand placements.

Also, I think her hair would look really chic in a low side ponytail.  I really wish she would do more with her hair.
I agree with Lothwen... I have officially said this many more times than once...  :hehe:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Limabeany

Kate Middleton can't get enough of her three-year-old nude courts | Mail Online

They first made an appearance at the Epsom Derby in June 2011 and then again at Prince Philip's 90th birthday. We have seen them at Zara Phillips's wedding and at the Queen's Coronation service last year.

And now they have been spotted on the Royal tour down under as Kate, 32, chose her favourite £185 nude LK Bennett heels for a day of engagements in Sydney.
It seems that the Duchess of Cambridge can't get enough of the 'go with everything heels'... and neither can we.

I still don't like them... I don't find Kate's version elegant because they have platforms, I find all the other non-platform options shown in the article much more elegant and classic...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteThe Diane Von Furstenberg dress that Kate Middleton wore for the second day of her Australia tour sold out within eight minutes of its appearance.

The navy and white geometric print wrap number that was available to buy in all sizes for £292 on DVF.com but mere minutes after it was identified, the website was out of stock.
More: Kate Middleton's Diane Von Furstenberg's wrap dress sells out in eight minutes - hellomagazine.com

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteShoppers crashed the website of Australian designer Zimmerman after the Duchess of Cambridge chose the label for the third day of the couple's Down Under tour.

Kate made the most of the Sydney sunshine in a white lace sundress as she and William attended the Royal Easter Show at Olympic Park on Friday - without baby George.

She paired the knee-length 'Roamer' day dress, previously worn by Australian actress Naomi Watts, with a pair of beige corked wedge heels and as usual, carried a small matching clutch in her hands.
More: Duchess of Cambridge in white lace sundress as she wears Australian designer for the first time | Mail Online

robynrose

I do love the dress it  is  almost like the one I wore for my Holy Communion

FanDianaFancy

Loved the white ilet  like  lace  dress.

Wrong shoes.
A  yellowish strappy sandal ? What. Not the tan,   wedges.

Nice dress for  Blue Mnt.
Nice wedges shoes.

A mountain visit  on those rocks!!!
  Slacks  in case of wind gust and  ballet  , rubber soled  ballet flats, shoes would have been better.

Lothwen

^Agreed.  One of these days she's going to fall and twist her ankle in those wedges.

Now, I like wedges. I think they're super cute.  But she's worn them over some very rocky terrain.  Can you imagine the reaction if she had tripped on the edge of that cliff?
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

cinrit

QuoteDuchess Kate Dress Sells Out in 8 Minutes Flat in Whirlwind of Virtual Shoppers

Kate Middleton has done something that Princess Diana never did. That is to entice the masses to the point that the dress she is wearing gets sold out in under eight minutes! According to the Christian Post on April 17, it took only eight minutes from the time Kate was photographed in this dress for it to be labeled "out of stock." You can see Kate wearing that dress in the above picture.

Princess Diana could never do this, but not because Kate is more popular than her fashion trend-setting predecessor. It is because Kate is living during a time where even some of the most remote spots of the world have access to the Internet today.

More: Duchess Kate dress sells out in 8 minutes flat in whirlwind of virtual shoppers - Hartford Pop Culture | Examiner.com

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

^^^ Well back in the day it would take you more than eight minutes to locate the store which had the outfit, get to the store, find your size, try it on and purchase it.  :wink:

God Bless online shopping.  :notworthy:

Lothwen

I don't even see it on the official DVF website.  Whenever they talk about Kate's clothes "selling out" I always wonder a few things.  1. Which website/store are they looking at? and 2. How many were there to begin with?

A lot of times Kate has worn things from previous seasons, which means there aren't many left to begin with, so when they say it's "sold out" that's really using a bit of hyperbole.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteThis next instalment of Royal  Fashion Round-up with Chloe will wrap-up The Duchess of Cambridge's outfits during her time in New Zealand. Starting at the beginning of the tour, is a recap of the Sydney/Wellington arrival outfits. The original article as reported by Royal Central may be found here Like mother, like son: Kate and George?s NZ outfits | Royal Central
More: Royal Fashion Round-up with Chloe: NZ tour special! | Royal Central

cinrit

Quote from: TLLK on April 18, 2014, 03:16:45 PM
^^^ Well back in the day it would take you more than eight minutes to locate the store which had the outfit, get to the store, find your size, try it on and purchase it.  :wink:

Life was much harder before the Internet. :P

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

HereditaryPrincess

QuoteShoppers crashed the website of Australian designer Zimmerman after the Duchess of Cambridge chose the label for the third day of the couple's Down Under tour.
Kate made the most of the Sydney sunshine in a white lace sundress as she and William attended the Royal Easter Show at Olympic Park on Friday - without baby George.
She paired the knee-length 'Roamer' day dress, which retails at £274 (AUD $495) and has been previously worn by Australian actress Naomi Watts, with a pair of beige corked wedge heels and as usual, carried a small matching clutch in her hands.

Duchess of Cambridge in white lace dress by Australian designer Zimmerman | Mail Online

Lady Adams

I really liked Kate's white dress-- probably the best look of the tour so far! (Though let's burn her wedges, shall we-- I don't understand why she can't wear flats or small heels.)

Quote from: cinrit on April 18, 2014, 03:53:33 PM
Quote from: TLLK on April 18, 2014, 03:16:45 PM

Life was much harder before the Internet. :P

Cindy
;) I don't know what I'd do without online shopping! I love being able to order things in a few different sizes and send back what doesn't work!
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

SophieChloe

Oh no, I like to feel and try on my clothes.  The feeling of paying and putting my stash into the boot of my car is lovely, to me.  I'm so old-fashioned. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Lady Adams

^^Gosh, I hate shopping in person! I hate the pressure. I even bought my wedding dress over the phone (I had tried it on at the store, but needed to think about it, lol).

Sidenote Jenee, the checkered Gap shirt I bought that was the same as Kate and the "repli-Kate" striped top both went back. Not flattering on me.  :shrug:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

SophieChloe

^ I bet it looked beautiful on you,  .sticky LA   :hug: 

Lady Adams

^^AW! I certainly felt beautiful in it  :hug:  :vday4:

SophieChloe

Limabeany

SophieChloe

When all is said and done, LA looked happy and beautiful on her special day  :hug?: :vday4: :hug?: