Main Menu

PM request to the admins

Started by Macrobug, February 19, 2015, 01:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macrobug

I was sending a PM to a few people and could not send it do more than 5 recipients.  Any chance that limit could be increased to 10? 

Thanks

@Windsor  @Orchid @Jenee
GNU Terry Pratchett

Orchid

As a safeguard it's a provision I'd rather keep in place, and 5 recipients in one go is generally more than most people need.  :)

@Windsor, @Jenee ... any thoughts?
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Macrobug

GNU Terry Pratchett

Orchid

Sorry, I'm not inclined to change our current settings as it doesn't have a big enough need and overall it's a safeguard for members that has worked well to date.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

HistoryGirl

A safeguard towards what, if I may ask?

DaisyMeRollin

http://media.giphy.com/media/n03KjzUqXeDRe/giphy.gif

^ Preventative measures to thwart nefarious pink tutu-clad biker gangs (Banana seat and streamers from the handle bars are a requirement!), bedazzled "cones of shame", and the impending GIF war of 2015. The end is nigh!

Or sex, drugs and rock n' roll!

Two theories. Take your pick.

"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Lady Adams

LOL. @DaisyMeRollin you always make me laugh. I see your gif and raise you:
http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/unicorn_pug-1319233707.gif

@HistoryGirl, I'm not Orchid (and @Orchid, correct me if I'm wrong) but I believe the message limit is a safeguard against spam. You probably don't see a lot of spam posts on the threads, but there are a lot of them (daily!). Among other nitty-gritty tech chores, that's one of the moderator tasks-- to catch the posts, delete them and then ban the posters. I assume the message limit was to block those spammers-- in the small amount of time they have before they're banned-- from sending messages to a lot of people at the same time.

I know, it looks like a glamourous job, but it's much more less fun to be a mod than anyone thinks! :wink:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Orchid

You're spot on, @LadyAdams. Thanks for taking the time to explain!
-Winston Churchil