Royal Tour 2014: Engagements and appearance in Australia

Started by Jenee, April 07, 2014, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge had a rare night out on their Royal tour Saturday when they attended a rugby union match in Sydney.

It was the first time the royal couple had been out in the evening away from official duties during their whirlwind tour of Australia and New Zealand.

William, 31, sipped on a beer as he sat next to Kate to watch the match between the New South Wales Waratahs and South Africa's Northern Bulls.

The Duchess, 31, dressed in a casual grey sweater, printed silk scarf and jeans, and laughed and chatted to a woman sitting next to her in the corporate box at Allianz Stadium.

The Duke wore his glasses in order to watch the match closely, and dressed in a bright blue sweater, checked shirt and jeans.

The last time the couple were seen out in the evening on the royal tour was in New Zealand to attend a lavish State Reception thrown by New Zealand Governor General Sir Jerry Mateparae at his official residence, Government House.
More: William enjoys a beer alongside smiling Kate at Australian rugby union game in Sydney | Mail Online

Sky NEWS HD

The Duchess clambers into a cockpit in heels to take the controls after her husband offers: "Do you fancy jumping in the back?"
QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge turned down a chivalrous offer from her husband as the Royal couple continue their tour of Australia.

William was left watching as Kate - despite wearing heels - deftly climbed into the cockpit of a Super Hornet during a visit to the Royal Australian Air Force base Amberley, near Brisbane.

The Duke had asked: "Do you fancy jumping in the back?"

But the Duchess, dressed in a white LK Bennett dress with blue poppies on, wanted to have a go at the controls of the multimillion-pound plane herself from the pilot's seat.
Video and picture gallery: Kate And William: Duchess Tries Out Fighter Jet

cinrit

Information overload ... I think most of us have it.  I sure do. :P  But here we go, just a couple more to make our day complete. :D

QuoteA Charming Portrait of Royal Motherhood: Kate Only Has Eyes for George at Relaxed Tea Party for Her Most Trusted Aides

The doors open on one of the most breathtaking views in the world, the house itself is rich with history.

But for the Duchess of Cambridge, fresh off a flight from New Zealand and swept along by the cheers of thousands of fans outside Sydney Opera House, the only attraction in this charming photograph is her small son.

Kate is not the only one to be enthralled by George. Three of her own aides, as well as the Governor General of Australia's official secretary, are unable to take their eyes off the eight-month-old boy who has eclipsed even his famous parents on his first Royal tour.

More: Kate only has eyes for George at tea party at Admiralty House | Mail Online

Cindy

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

^^^ My favourite article so far, Her Royal Highness is an inspiration. Thanks for posting Cindy :)

QuoteKate turned down his offer to sit behind him and clambered in the front of a twin-seat US $67 million F/A-18F Super Hornet fighter after he vacated it and sat in the seat behind during a visit to an air base near Brisbane.

Even in a figure-hugging £245 white and snorkel blue LK Bennett dress, the Duchess was happy to perform the tricky manoeuvre at Amberley Air Base, an hour's drive out of Brisbane.

William, 31, had made an offer to his wife he believed she could not refuse, asking: "Do you fancy jumping in the back?"

But the Duchess was not about to miss the opportunity to see for herself the plane's cockpit.

Stephen Chappell, Commanding Officer of Number 1 Squadron, whose pilots fly the Super Hornet said Kate was fascinated by the "dials and gadgets" on the fighter aircraft.

He revealed there was some "bi-play between the two as to who was sitting in what seat".
More: Kate Middleton's in charge as she takes over cockpit controls from William | Royal | News | Daily Express

Lothwen

^How is Kate an "Inspiration"?

Personal blog about the tour

Kate Middleton is not a role model. for our daughters. Here's why.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Limabeany

Quote from: Lothwen on April 19, 2014, 03:38:21 PM
I have nothing against Kate. I am sure that she is nice, that she is a good wife, a good daughter, a good person, and of course, a great mother. But I do have a problem with her being held up as an ideal of exemplary womanhood, a wonderful role model for our daughters, an antidote to the Kim Kardashians of the world.

Because this outpouring of adoration is for a woman whose job description is basically:

"Be pretty."

"Be thin."

"Have some babies."

"Don't rock the boat."

History is littered with cautionary tales of women who did not follow the above script. One word in particular springs to mind: Fergie.

I know, I know, the royals have learned so many lessons since the Diana-Fergie days. Kate and Wills, the story goes, are a love match. I'm sure they are, but it was a love match for which a woman had to to sacrifice her freedom, her youth, her independence and, many would argue, her personality. To marry the man of her dreams, she had to change who she was, give up her privacy, paid employment, ensure her 20s were entirely scandal-free and lose half her body weight. This is not something I would wish for my daughter.

And that's why Duchess Kate is dangerous for our daughters. She has revived the idea that women being defined by who they marry is a positive life choice.

So I'm sorry people, she's not just like you. And I don't want my daughter to be like her.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

sara8150

Kate Middleton, Prince William "Giggle" In Aircraft Cockpit During Air Force Visit On Tour, Receive Boomerang For Prince George
Kate Middleton, Prince William "Giggle" During Air Force Visit On Tour - Us Weekly

PrincessOfPeace

To each their own. My personal blog would say she is an inspiration. :)

sara8150

Kate and William make impromptu appearance at Sydney rugby match
Kate Middleton and Prince William made an impromptu visit to a rugby game in Sydney - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: April 19, 2014, 04:04:35 PM

Duchess of Cambridge showered with Australian toys for Prince George
Kate Middleton was inundated with new toys for Prince George during the royal visit to Brisbane - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: April 19, 2014, 04:06:55 PM

Duchess Kate takes to the cockpit at RAAF Amberley
Kate Middleton and Prince William tour RAAF Amberley in Brisbane - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: April 19, 2014, 04:09:03 PM

Kate Climbs Aboard Fighter Jet with Style – in Towering Heels
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20808630,00.html

Limabeany

She's certainly an inspiration for young women to do something with their lives unlike her...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lothwen

^Agreed.

She was my inspiration to break up with my boyfriend who wanted to completely change me before he would marry me....

So, what's on the agenda for today?
Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

Guys, I'm confused. Where did the rugby march come from? A private holiday event?
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Lothwen

^They went last night.  Don't know if that counts as an "engagement" or not.
Harryite 12-005

cinrit

The rugby match was a private outing for William and Kate, not an engagement.  So I don't think there will many reports about it.

Cindy

Limabeany

According to Richard Palmer it was a downtime activity for them and not an engagement...

PrincessOfPeace

Just love the photo of Catherine with her head on William's shoulder!!

QuoteHOW does one unwind after a day spent being mobbed by thousands of well wishers and back-to-back official functions?

At the rugby of course.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge jetted back into Sydney earlier this evening after spending the day in Brisbane and headed straight to Allianz Stadium to watch the NSW Waratahs take on the South Africa Bulls.
More: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/prince-william-and-kate-cap-off-day-4-of-the-royal-tour-at-the-waratahs-super-rugby-clash-with-the-bulls/story-fni0cx12-1226890070147

Lady Adams

^^im glad they're enjoying their holiday.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Lothwen

Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

^sorry Lowthen, I'm on my phone and can't keep up with replied so I've modified mine. :hug:

cinrit

I don't know if it's has been posted, but according to this article, it was a private outing.  They look pretty casual, and there's a picture in another article that I've seen about the outing, where Kate's got her head on William's shoulder and is yawning.  I don't think she'd do that on an official engagement.  At least, I hope not!  That doesn't mean this game wasn't on their schedule, though.

QuoteRare Night Out on the Royal Tour

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge had a rare night out on their Royal tour Saturday when they attended a rugby union match in Sydney.

It was the first time the royal couple had been out in the evening away from official duties during their whirlwind tour of Australia and New Zealand.

William, 31, sipped on a beer as he sat next to Kate to watch the match between the New South Wales Waratahs and South Africa's Northern Bulls.

More: Prince William enjoys a beer alongside Kate Middleton at rugby game | Mail Online

Cindy

PrincessOfPeace

It was a scheduled private outing for some members of Team Cambridge. W&K treated for a rugby match and a couple of beers. Sir David Manning who has been with William from day 1 can be seen in one of the photos. It was strictly casual.

Lady Adams

^^ Thanks for your input, all. I won't include it in the daily totals.  :hug:

Princessinwaiting

Quote from: Limabeany on April 19, 2014, 03:58:45 PM
Quote from: Lothwen on April 19, 2014, 03:38:21 PM
I have nothing against Kate. I am sure that she is nice, that she is a good wife, a good daughter, a good person, and of course, a great mother. But I do have a problem with her being held up as an ideal of exemplary womanhood, a wonderful role model for our daughters, an antidote to the Kim Kardashians of the world.

Because this outpouring of adoration is for a woman whose job description is basically:

"Be pretty."

"Be thin."

"Have some babies."

"Don't rock the boat."

History is littered with cautionary tales of women who did not follow the above script. One word in particular springs to mind: Fergie.

I know, I know, the royals have learned so many lessons since the Diana-Fergie days. Kate and Wills, the story goes, are a love match. I'm sure they are, but it was a love match for which a woman had to to sacrifice her freedom, her youth, her independence and, many would argue, her personality. To marry the man of her dreams, she had to change who she was, give up her privacy, paid employment, ensure her 20s were entirely scandal-free and lose half her body weight. This is not something I would wish for my daughter.

And that's why Duchess Kate is dangerous for our daughters. She has revived the idea that women being defined by who they marry is a positive life choice.

So I'm sorry people, she's not just like you. And I don't want my daughter to be like her.

This is interesting  :thanks: for posting :)
But I won't say wanting to look pretty or be thin is any thing to worry about that's just me. If I ever have children I will give them all the freedom in the world to choose and make their own life choices because it's their life not mine after all  :happy:
I hope the blogger allows her daughter to be like whatever she wants to be . There seems to be flawed premise in the way she views a woman's value and worth.

:thanks: for sharing that article Cindy , it's nice to see kate dressed casually , pre marriage there were so many casual snaps now it's like one in a blue moon you find one pic of her that's not official . Shes wearing a very pretty scarf  :blowkiss: 

Rebound

I don't think "be pretty, be thin" messages are confined to Kate. Our whole society seems to admire those traits, and even our doctors encourage us to be thin. This opinion focuses only on negative messages perceived by some people about Kate. I think many women and men would benefit by other messages sent by William and Kate -- be kind and polite, dress for the occasion, love your families, visit people and countries that are important to you, represent your family in a positive way.

So many people are very unkind towards others, including the RF, the Nanny, George, or anyone different. I think Kate presents a lovely appearance, inside and out. I'd rather focus on the good messages she sends to our daughters--and sons.

Limabeany

I don't see in Kate someone who presents a valuable role model for young girls... I see someone who wasted a Uni education waiting for a man and did nothing for others, I see someone who didn't even prepare for the role she would be assuming upon the marriage she so wanted by engaging charities, which would be expected of her should he propose as she expected or hoped she would. I see someone who was groomed by her parents to not see value in working but who is quite happy to have married up and acts accordingly... I would prefer my little girls not see value in marrying up above all else...

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me