Royal Tour 2014: Engagements and appearance in Australia

Started by Jenee, April 07, 2014, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteThey may be 10,000 miles away from home, but the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge began Easter Sunday in traditional style by attending Church.

Looking elegant in a dove grey Alexander McQueen coat with Jane Taylor Hat, Kate and her husband, Prince William, attended morning service at St Andrew's Cathedral in Sydney city centre.

Kate's hair had been coiffed underneath her hat in an elegant half up, half down style.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott and wife Margie arrived first, the Duke and Duchess were greeted on the road by the Archbishop of Sydney, Dr Glenn Davies and Reverend Phillip Jensen.

The royal couple walked up the steps to St Andrews Cathedral to a giant cheer from hundreds of people crowded into the town square, as the church bells pealed and hymns boomed from loudspeakers.

After the service the couple will undertake a very special visitors' book signing in the cathedral Vestibule.
More: Elegant in a dove grey coat dress, Kate attends church with William on a sunny Easter Sunday in Sydney | Mail Online

Lady Adams

Well, this is very rude in my opinion:
"Prince William was asked to read the lesson,  but declined, saying he and Kate just wanted to be part of the congregation."
Elegant in a dove grey coat dress, Kate attends church with William on a sunny Easter Sunday in Sydney | Mail Online
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

sandy

Lothwen

Personally I'm glad he declined to read the lesson.  When I go to church I want to hear somebody speak who has actually studied the Bible, and who has written the sermon themselves.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteTHE Duchess of Cambridge was given a rock star welcome yesterday as starstruck fans chanted her name during a riotous royal walkabout in Brisbane.

The crowds went wild for Kate in the Queensland capital in what appeared to be the biggest turnout so far for her Australian tour with Prince William and their young son. Some fans had queued from 3am for a coveted glimpse of the royal couple as they paid a visit to the city's Convention Centre before spending 20 minutes meeting residents.

There were hysterical chants of "Kate! Kate! Kate!" as the Duchess, 32, was showered with armfuls of gifts and flowers in scenes reminiscent of Princess Diana's royal walkabouts.

Little girls dressed as princesses complete with tiaras wept tears of joy while at least three people fainted as the frenzied scenes reached fever pitch in the 31 degree heat.
More: Kate Middleton is worth the long wait for her fans in Australia | Royal | News | Daily Express

sara8150

Kate Middleton, Prince William Go On Rugby Date After Air Force Base Visit During Australian Tour
Kate Middleton, Prince William Go On Rugby Date After Air Force Visit - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: April 20, 2014, 04:07:56 AM

Kate and William make impromptu appearance at Sydney rugby match
Kate Middleton and Prince William made an impromptu visit to a rugby game in Sydney - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: April 20, 2014, 04:10:12 AM

Kate's Royal Tour Style Gets the Thumbs Up Down Under
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20808310,00.html

PrincessOfPeace

Taronga Zoo ‏@tarongazoo 3m
Taronga Zoo is currently full and there will be no more admissions. Please check the website for updates. Thank you for your understanding.

PA Royal Reporters ‏@PARoyal 8m
Taronga Zoo officials have decided to further honour Prince George by renaming one of the endangered Bilby marsupials after him.

QuoteExcitement is building at Sydney's Taronga Zoo for the arrival of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - and possibly baby Prince George - on Sunday afternoon.

Hundreds of royal fans are filing into the zoo at Mosman, eager to catch a glimpse of the royals, who are due at the entrance about 2.20pm.
video: Huge crowd at Sydney zoo for royals visit - Yahoo!7

George!! Twitter / britishroyals: Prince George looking very ...

Double post auto-merged: April 20, 2014, 05:04:41 AM

Twitter / MaxFosterCNN: Prince George at Taronga Zoo, ...

Sooo adorable!!

Lothwen

I love that he's got a little extra hair on top of his head.  If he were my kid I'd be putting his hair in a faux hawk
Harryite 12-005

PrincessOfPeace

Prince George meets a bilby! Kate and William take their son to Sydney's Taronga Zoo to meet the marsupial named after him

QuotePrince George arrived at Taronga Zoo today for his second ever public engagement in the arms of mother.

The eight-month-old future king was taken on a day out to the world famous tourist attraction where an animal enclosure was being named in his honour.

The young royal was wearing a smart light blue shirt, navy shorts and shoes. He looked inquisitive, and was chuckling and looking at the cameras.

Kate had changed out her dove-grey Alexander McQueen outfit she wore to church, into a cream broderie angalise dress by a designer who did not want to be named. The dress had a fitted bodice and flared out to the knee. She last wore it on tour to the Solomon Islands in 2012.

Prince William was casual in a blue check shirt and navy trousers.

The Cambridges then went to the enclosure to meet the bilby George, who until earlier on Sunday had been named Boy.

After initial confusion between both Prince George and his marsupial namesake, the pair warmed up - especially when Prince William enticed the bilby over with some food.

Kate held George close to the glass fence dividing the pair, and he started to show a keen interest in the endangered marsupial.

Kate and William then unveiled a plaque, renaming the enclosure the Prince George Bilby Exhibit.

But despite being royal, he proved himself to be a normal baby - eagerly grabbing the stuffed bilby present before throwing it on the ground - and sticking a card straight in his mouth.
More: Prince George meets a bilby | Mail Online

Twitter is going into meltdown over these photos!

Lothwen

I love seeing babies when they're excited or delighted by their surroundings.
Harryite 12-005

PrincessOfPeace

Prince George doing his thing!

What a character Prince George is

Video and more: Baby Prince George less than impressed by toy bilby - Yahoo!7

angieuk

Twitter / HRHDuchesskate: Kate in Stella McCartney for ...

Double post auto-merged: April 20, 2014, 10:55:41 AM

It's a Royal flush in blue: Kate, George and William all wear matching shades of azure | Mail Online

The last pictures of George, I think, until the 22nd of July, 2014.

cinrit

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

From Clarence House's Storify account:

QuoteDay Fourteen: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Take Prince George to the Zoo

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George had a family outing to the zoo in Sydney today.

Spending Easter Sunday in Australia, Their Royal Highnesses visited Taronga Zoo where Prince George came face to face with a bilby that was named after him to mark his birth.

In July 2013, the Australian government announced a $10,000 sponsorship of Taronga Zoo's Bilby exhibit and conservation work as part of Australia's national gift to commemorate the birth of Prince George.

More: Day Fourteen: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge take Prince George to the zoo (with images, tweets) · clarencehouse · Storify

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Lothwen

I like that the government's "gift" to George was money to help an endangered species. 
Harryite 12-005

robynrose

George should be at the Trooping of the Colors   Think that is in June . The baby is very cute . Holding the baby takes that edge off Kate . She seems more like able holding him The mother image is what they are pushing , see this is what she has been doing taking care if George ( forget they left him for a week and have a staff ) and what was that remark Kate made Will was away a lot . The pretty pics of her , lovely pics of George tend to make people forget they have none nothing for almost a yr . Ok Kate the baby in July . Will is still on his gap Also the press thinks it cute some of the remarks she made and he made . Who knows . I do think this trip was geared to keep their workload very easy . They never really put in a full day They are traveling in a government plane someone packing their bags etc . They are not a normal couple . The baby is cute but the gushing from some , the reporters is way over the top . Did the rest of the royals go into complete hiding . Will to me has always seem to be aragrant . No changing that after the kiss *** tour . Kate Will want the rules changed that everyone bow to her  not just when Will is with her  Now let us see if they will be dumb enough to go on a holiday . If  they play it smart and maybe listen to their team they will do a few engagements back home as soon as possible . That gift to George was a great idea 

Lothwen

^I agree with you that the smart thing for them to do would to be a few engagements when they get back.  Actually, the smart thing for them to do all year would be to do several engagements each month (IMO, between 5-10) and then if they have a tour coming up they can spend the 2 weeks beforehand preparing for it. 
Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

Quote from: Lothwen on April 20, 2014, 06:08:14 AM

Me too! George was quite spunky-- I love how he flaps his arms and legs. "Put me down!"
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

PrincessOfPeace

Sky NEWS HD

Prince George Goes Walkabout With Bilbies

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge introduce their son to a rare Australian marsupial on the latest stage of their tour Down Under.

QuotePrince George made his first walkabout on the Australian leg of the royal tour when he met some indigenous animals at a zoo.

The youngster looked fascinated as he was shown a bilby - a rabbit-like type of marsupial.

At one point, as he was held by his father Prince William, he held out his hand to attempt to touch the creature which was being fed by a keeper who has named the animal George in his honour.

George, dressed in a blue and white striped collared t-shirt and royal blue shorts, looked a little frustrated and waved his arms as he was unable to reach the animal, which was about a third of his size when standing on its hind legs.

Just before he was brought out for the cameras, the Royal family had been shown round the nocturnal house where several of Australia's animals who are awake during darkness are housed.

Staff said George coped well and was interested in what he saw, reaching out to a feather tailed glider and staring intently at some hopping mice and an echidna.
Video and picture gallery: Prince George Goes Walkabout With Bilbies

SophieChloe

Quote from: Lady Adams on April 20, 2014, 03:46:23 PM

Me too! George was quite spunky-- I love how he flaps his arms and legs. "Put me down!"
I agree.  "Let me down, NOW".  He is such a cutie.  Shame about the parents... :hide:  Ok..I'm off to the naughty step  :mil3:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

PrincessOfPeace

Kate, George and William all wear matching shades of azure as they land in Australia's capital Canberra

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and baby Prince George flew into Australia's capital Canberra on Sunday night and made sure to co-ordinate their family colours of royal blue.

The Royal Family stepped off the plane as a trio, Kate in an above-the-knee Stella McCartney dress, which matched George's knit cardigan and William's blue checked tie.

After walking off the plane, Prince William shook hands with the Governor General of Australia, Sir Peter Cosgrove at Fairbairn Airport.

Kate held little George in her arms as the family walked off the plane, but handed him over to William when they reached the tarmac.

William soon started a conversation with Governor General of Australia, Sir Peter Cosgrove, while walking off the runway with George, as Kate was given a bunch of flowers by a young girl waiting at the Fairbairn Airport.
More: Kate, George and William all wear matching shades of azure | Mail Online

Lady Adams

Quote from: SophieChloe on April 20, 2014, 04:11:29 PM
Quote from: Lady Adams on April 20, 2014, 03:46:23 PM

I agree.  "Let me down, NOW".  He is such a cutie.  Shame about the parents... :hide:  Ok..I'm off to the naughty step  :mil3:

Has George now done more engagements than Kate did in 2014 before the tour? I think so..

SophieChloe

By Jeeves...you could be correct (or as near as damn it). 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

robynrose

Did anyone see the video at the zoo where Kate wipes George's mouth and then wipes her hands on her dress . ( right near her crotch ) She should have a something with her since he is teething . Not something that she should have done . Ok wipe his mouth but on her dress in public